Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A back fracture sounds terrible. Career threatening sort of terrible.

I hope the bloke recovers well and doesn't do anything silly to risk his future health.

The only thing that's acceptable about losing Switta is that Frederick is coming back in. But I would love to have both :(
Poor Switta, so much injury, so little time on field... and he is so good (and so passionate) when on the field.

He's passionate for sure

Fredrick back but him Swittta Shultz n Walters all together make a deadly combination

Switta is the difference and he’s going to be a big loss .
Smart player and his side step evasion is next level.

He goes so hard in the contest and sometimes too hard not knowing what’s coming at him

If it’s the incident I’m thinking of from the Hawks game I’m not surprised he’s injured, was amazed he even got up .

I’m bloody spewing , he’s the x- factor in our team , luckily we have depth and hopefully they step up .
A lot riding on Colyer now .

He goes so hard in the contest and sometimes too hard not knowing what’s coming at him

If it’s the incident I’m thinking of from the Hawks game I’m not surprised he’s injured, was amazed he even got up .

I’m bloody spewing , he’s the x- factor in our team , luckily we have depth and hopefully they step up .

It’ll be Freddy playing his role again I reckon

We beat Melbourne and Brisbane without switta.

It's not ideal and he is walk up B22 when fit.

But our system is strong we can cover his absence.

I have a Saints supporting mate, and when I discuss with him I always use Blakeknives.
hahaha, that's excellent. Be interesting to know what the Saints friend of yours thinks about that whole trade in retrospect?

hahaha, that's excellent. Be interesting to know what the Saints friend of yours thinks about that whole trade in retrospect?
Many Saints fans didn't want to see Acres go, we thought they over-valued him but he's finally starting to put together his potential with some serious performances consistently (i.e. more than the odd game here and there like he did at the Saints).
Hopefully his hamstring doesn't de-rail him and he picks up where he left off.

Many Saints fans didn't want to see Acres go, we thought they over-valued him but he's finally starting to put together his potential with some serious performances consistently (i.e. more than the odd game here and there like he did at the Saints).
Hopefully his hamstring doesn't de-rail him and he picks up where he left off.
Brad who?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good sign

Yeah that's a great sign if true, I've always been a fan even with his limitations.

The interesting thing is I think Peel really need Hughes in the backline, but it makes a lot of sense for Freo to try him further up the field, although Logue's move certainly reduces that.
One thing is his kicking has always been reasonable, and if anything it has looked even better in his recent AFL games.
I don't know what Hughes' tank is like, but with his cough decision making I can't see him necessarily being a great wing option.

Anybody got The Wests article about the Fremantle midfielder who doesn't look like returning anytime soon. I presume they are talking about Noddy

Yeah that's a great sign if true, I've always been a fan even with his limitations.

The interesting thing is I think Peel really need Hughes in the backline, but it makes a lot of sense for Freo to try him further up the field, although Logue's move certainly reduces that.
One thing is his kicking has always been reasonable, and if anything it has looked even better in his recent AFL games.
I don't know what Hughes' tank is like, but with his cough decision making I can't see him necessarily being a great wing option.
I've always thought Hughes could play a defensive role higher up the ground. Wing might actually work - he's slow of mind, but really defensive wingers just need to run and close space 90% of the time and then when it's their turn to go rip in. Kinda works for him. But I think for Carlton he's a good matchup for curnow - can go with him athletically. and with their outs downback, logue should play forward to put them under the pump

So club website still lists Western has 3 weeks but he is named to play today for Peel. Piss poor again on keeping injuries updated and transparent.
Media team puts tweets out instantly on anything happening but it can’t update the clubs official site since 7th of June.

So club website still lists Western has 3 weeks but he is named to play today for Peel. Piss poor again on keeping injuries updated and transparent.
Media team puts tweets out instantly on anything happening but it can’t update the clubs official site since 7th of June.
In fairness they never do during the bye week. Everything returns to normal come Monday.

Sorry that’s just a cop out. Players are on a 4 day break the rest of the organisation isn’t.
Get angry Wray, get REAL angry!!!! :p

Hulk Out GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back