Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hard luck for Switta. I hope he beats the odds and is able to make it back at some stage this season but won't hold my breath with a stress fracture.

On the minor positive side, the small-medium forwards have proven they can get it done without him in the team so it's not as terminal to our attacking potency as it might have been in previous seasons. Lots of pressure on Walters, Frederick and Schultz now.

Google says 4 to 8 weeks.

Fingers crossed he can start running again in a month and we can slot him back in to the side for a couple weeks before finals.

Really hard luck for Switta. I hope he beats the odds and is able to make it back at some stage this season but won't hold my breath with a stress fracture.

On the minor positive side, the small-medium forwards have proven they can get it done without him in the team so it's not as terminal to our attacking potency as it might have been in previous seasons. Lots of pressure on Walters, Frederick and Schultz now.
Hopefully Western can get a run in the WAFL and be an option too for injury.

Thank God for something called depth. He is a hard man to replace but we have options at least.

Far out.
Out with concussion for 2 weeks. Then gets suspended. Finally comes in, gets a back fracture. What a horrid month or so for Switter. What’s with back and fractures for him? His running mechanics ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out.
Out with concussion for 2 weeks. Then gets suspended. Finally comes in, gets a back fracture. What a horrid month or so for Switter. What’s with back and fractures for him? His running mechanics ?
I'm no medical professional so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd have to think it'd be somewhat related to the hamstring issues he had consistently before and after he first came to the club

Poor Switta. I think he's the type of player we'll only get 12-16 weeks out of him each season, because of his fragility. Not his fault, and I'll be glad if he can just contribute a 60-80% season for the next seven or eight years, if thats all his body will allow.

JL's Freo aint about any one player. We'll be ok, we're in good hands.

I knew something was up. I watched the replay on Monday on Kayo and at the end of the song, Son Son and Serong were around Switta looking concerned and asking what was wrong and looking in the direction of his knee I thought

I knew something was up. I watched the replay on Monday on Kayo and at the end of the song, Son Son and Serong were around Switta looking concerned and asking what was wrong and looking in the direction of his knee I thought
I saw that too, but I was just hopeful it was something minor. Obviously that's not the case, real damn shame

Poor Switta. I think he's the type of player we'll only get 12-16 weeks out of him each season, because of his fragility. Not his fault, and I'll be glad if he can just contribute a 60-80% season for the next seven or eight years, if thats all his body will allow.

JL's Freo aint about any one player. We'll be ok, we're in good hands.
Seems like it too.
Had a great start to the season. Wonder if they upped his training load during the time he was out.
Disappointing for him. Knows what he’s capable of when he does play.

ragepc-destroy.gif

The only thing that's acceptable about losing Switta is that Frederick is coming back in. But I would love to have both :(
Poor Switta, so much injury, so little time on field... and he is so good (and so passionate) when on the field.

Far out.
Once you have an issue with your back it's something that could trouble you from time to time for the rest of your life.

He may have had slipped a disc as a youngster and then caused chronic issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back