Game Day Pre Season Richmond vs Collingwood 6:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he did recruit him he told the list managers to get him and Taranto should have only gotten Taranto

You’re making s**t up. Were you there? Dimma would get told there’s a possibility that we can land both and he’d say yes or no, not the other way around

You’re making s**t up. Were you there? Dimma would get told there’s a possibility that we can land both and he’d say yes or no, not the other way around
dumma was the one that wanted hopper aswell

Round 0

FB:Vlastuin, Young, Broad
HB:Short, Gibcus, Rioli
C: Pickett, Taranto, Banks
HF:Bolton, Martin, Baker
FF:Green, Balta, Clarke

FOL:Naismith, Dow, Mcauliffe

Bench:Brown, Ryan, Clarke, Cumberland

The result didn't matter, it was more about seeing execution of a newer gamplan and unfortunately our Achilles heel is our poor skill set across every line as it was last season.

Based on what we saw tonight it's simply a case of the opposition feeding off our mistakes and eventually it just weighs us down. Our job made even harder with our poor conversion rate once inside forward 50. On a positive note we don't seem to have a problem getting it in there but again as per last year it's more luck than good management if we actually score.

It's too late to be teaching players basic skills at this level and whilst we have nailed some lower draft picks the rest have generally been players who are deficient with their skills which didnt necessarily burn us when playing to a purely chaotic game plan but it's showing up more now based on what we saw tonight.

Overall what we see is what we get, effort for the most part was there, intentions were good but otherwise we just can't execute, kicking for goal also an issue when no one in the forward line know how to kick the ball between the big sticks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Though, I have to say I do feel rather vindicated in my opinion about Balta being useless up forward. Still think he will be persisted with until about round 7ish or so before he gets moved back.
Wasn’t his or Kosi fault tonight have a look at how the ball was delivered into forward and how many times did we kick to 2 onto 1 now that is pissing me off big time

Defended resolutely , except for last kick
Forward 50 seemed to put on a master class of how to completely @&#$ almost every entry , I’d like to see players rotated thru there to find some options and that does t mean 13 rounds before we change the bloody side .
Fair bit to take out of the game v reigning premiers

When we got them both he said it was his best list ever then he went and did a deal in Together round contradicting his thoughts. Then after he got the Suns job he bragged about his new toys , totally disrespecting the players who brought him success. Dimma is a pig and self centred megalomaniac

Last edited:
Taranto was worth selling the farm for because he'll put his body on the line in contests, but hopper is meh because he doesn't like the rough stuff.
richmond players need to sign an umpire waiver

Couldn't believe he didn't start.

Yze seems to think he has a top 8 list which is why he's maybe favouring Kmac / Pickett but it's hard to see why
Did Yze watch us at all last couple of years?

sadly us fans have a better sense of our list.

tonight felt like 2023 continued. Mini at the helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back