Game Day Practice Game 2024 - Roos v Saints - Moorabin- 2pm ish

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty standard for Northball so far I would have thought. The Saints are a pretty good side, playing roughly and largely the same footy as us (loaded up on elite runners and outside receivers and move the ball in waves off the half back line) but they're two-three years ahead. They have a better key forward than we have defenders, and we're playing Duursma where they're playing Owens. I'm not so fussed about the result as I think this is exactly what we spoke about the risk of happening last week - i.e. sometimes it will look incredible, sometimes we'll get scored on at will.

I don’t think we can afford to go through with Comben in defence. If I have to sit there and watch Coleman-Jones get games I’m going to claw my eyes out.

We need someone that can take a mark up the ground, Chom is the only one on the list that can do it.
Nah we need comben and Corr replacing pink down back

I don’t want comben having to relief ruck

Take it easy everyone.

We just got absolutely monstered and lost our structures but we will learn more from that quarter than the entire game last week.

Xerri, Goater, Dawson, Duursma all showing something in areas we need to see some growth in.

Big half for WP, LDU and George. Ross and Steele had their way with them in the first half

I don’t think we can afford to go through with Comben in defence. If I have to sit there and watch Coleman-Jones get games I’m going to claw my eyes out.

We need someone that can take a mark up the ground, Chom is the only one on the list that can do it.
Our defence is worse than our offence though, so I reckon they'll play him back. And try Malley or Sellers up forward

Not sure if im watching the same game as some of you, but Lazzaro is a liability. He does everything right until he disposes of it. Can't hit a handball.

Not sure what we ever saw in CCJ. Richmond must have been laughing grabbing pick 20 for him.

Prime Cunnington out there for Phillips would go okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if im watching the same game as some of you, but Lazzaro is a liability. He does everything right until he disposes of it. Can't hit a handball.

Not sure what we ever saw in CCJ. Richmond must have been laughing grabbing pick 20 for him.

Prime Cunnington out there for Phillips would go okay.
The highest level of Armed Robbery is what Richmond got away with.

Pretty standard for Northball so far I would have thought. The Saints are a pretty good side, playing roughly and largely the same footy as us (loaded up on elite runners and outside receivers and move the ball in waves off the half back line) but they're two-three years ahead. They have a better key forward than we have defenders, and we're playing Duursma where they're playing Owens. I'm not so fussed about the result as I think this is exactly what we spoke about the risk of happening last week - i.e. sometimes it will look incredible, sometimes we'll get scored on at will.
far too rational for a game day thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back