Game Day Around The Grounds - Rnds 0 - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking positively, perhaps enough Pie whining will see Leigh Fisher consigned to the back benches for good.

My 2md team before I knew better, beating dingerwood to make them 0-3 and listening to a one sided crowd, bizarrely dominating the bantersphere in a north caulfield pub, which you'd expect to be sainters, absolutely golden plated pleasure for this nasty pasty watching and listening as the hubris, slowly dispersed from the fetid corpse of that vile club.

Honestly until they stop doing global searches only to appoint the next peanut in the neighbouring cubicle. Nothing will improve.

If you follow any other professional sport AFL is laughable how it is administered.

I worked in professional basketball for years here and overseas.

Some of my views about how sport is umpired and officiated stems from my time in the US.

(Edit: NBA wise)I've found it interesting that this year more than any other players, coaches and teams have let loose publicly on officials in ways that until now was kept pretty private (though we knew it was happening and what was said)

Pro sports is pretty incestuous and pretty corrupt.

The way the NBA handled the entire Donaghy situation. So many officials closely connected to him still involved over a decade later.

The world knows about the FIFA corruption

MLB and NFL haven't escaped their controversies while the NHL is constantly copping backlash over how incompetent they are ran.

I don't disagree that some things at the AFL are farcical but to suggest it doesn't happen around the world is wrong.

Taking a small moment to enjoy a little bit of pies misery… seeing Daicos squib 8+ times, Pendlebury throwing the shoulder up every time he feels contact, Sidebottom being abysmal on halfback and Moore being unaccountable over and over made my night.

I’m sure the pies will click into gear but it’s really enjoyable seeing them eat some crow.

I still love that story about the fanatical Saints fan and his Saints loving dog, who went to the club's last home win in 2023. This mutt left nobody in any doubt about where his allegiances lay: every time a St. Kilda player took a mark or kicked a goal, he howled with delight and licked his master's face lovingly. And when the final siren sounded, he jumped into his owner's arms, and owner and dog shared the triumphant moment together.

A disconsolate opposition fan came over to congratulate the man - he said, "Congrats on the win. I couldn't help noticing your incredible dog. In fact given the scoreline, I was actually watching him more than I was watching the game after half time. But I have to ask: if he's like this after a win, what's he like when the Saints win the premiership?"

The man's demeanour changes instantly. After a few seconds, he says, "Dunno - I've only had him for 50 years......."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was over in Filthland for a while, apparently not only do they NOT have a first round pick, but their second round pick is compromised by the Dorks!!
And the campaigners were still banging on about a draft driven rebuild!!!!!!
Talk about delusional, at least some of them got it that umpires can't change the result of a twenty point game, but some were gnashing their teeth and tearing their robes in consternation of the inequality of life..... and that umpire number 3 is a thief.

Was over in Filthland for a while, apparently not only do they NOT have a first round pick, but their second round pick is compromised by the Dorks!!
Talk about delusional, at least some of them got it that umpires can't change the result of a twenty point game, but some were gnashing their teeth and tearing their robes in consternation of the inequality of life..... and that umpire number 3 is a thief.

Umpire number 3 …

Leigh Fisher

Umpire number 3 …

Leigh Fisher

Hmmm, I remember the ex saint giving us a reaming against the Aints a couple of years ago.
Not that I care for the filth for one second, but they were slaughtered by the umps tonight

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back