Preview Round 2, 2024: Hawthorn v Melbourne, MCG 4.35pm 23rd March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Hope We send Finn directly to Oliver. Seeming he’s had his licence suspended maybe Finn can start the tag early and pick him up on the way to the G.

Love it. I can imagine the skit now...

Interior shot - looking over Clayton Oliver's shoulder at his phone as he orders an Uber X Share.
Exterior street - Oliver has his bag as car pulls up. Zooms in - Finn Maginess is sitting in the back (wearing full Hawks gear and mouthguard)
Car Interior - Oliver doesn't recognise Finn, thinks he's a weird obsessed fan (maybe Stratton?) and awkward conversation ensues
Demons Coaches Briefing - Focus on Gawn, Viney, Petracca, Oliver.....then Finn (still in full Hawks gear) is sitting next to Oliver.
Warming up in the rooms, Finn keeps shepherding/spoiling/tackling Oliver.
Finn standing next to Oliver at the first bounce
Sitting next to him on the D's Bench,
Montage of tackles, smothers, shepherds, spoils from the game.
Walking off the MCG, sullen and head bowed with the other Demon players as the Hawks celebrate
Camera shot shows Oliver getting into bed, the camera pans around....and Finn's standing at the foot of the bed (still in full Hawks gear).
Back at Waverley, Sam pushes a (comically big) red button. Camera back to Oliver's room, zoom in on Finn eyes as they close.

Love it. I can imagine the skit now...

Interior shot - looking over Clayton Oliver's shoulder at his phone as he orders an Uber X Share.
Exterior street - Oliver has his bag as car pulls up. Zooms in - Finn Maginess is sitting in the back (wearing full Hawks gear and mouthguard)
Car Interior - Oliver doesn't recognise Finn, thinks he's a weird obsessed fan (maybe Stratton?) and awkward conversation ensues
Demons Coaches Briefing - Focus on Gawn, Viney, Petracca, Oliver.....then Finn (still in full Hawks gear) is sitting next to Oliver.
Warming up in the rooms, Finn keeps shepherding/spoiling/tackling Oliver.
Finn standing next to Oliver at the first bounce
Sitting next to him on the D's Bench,
Montage of tackles, smothers, shepherds, spoils from the game.
Walking off the MCG, sullen and head bowed with the other Demon players as the Hawks celebrate
Camera shot shows Oliver getting into bed, the camera pans around....and Finn's standing at the foot of the bed (still in full Hawks gear).
Back at Waverley, Sam pushes a (comically big) red button. Camera back to Oliver's room, zoom in on Finn eyes as they close.
You had me at “Oliver has his bag”

With Chol borderline to run out a full game, Gunston as the sub makes some sense. More than McGuiness at least.
Mids given a second chance. Let's see how they go with a rocket up them.
If they don't turn up there will be changes.
Yep we have Seamus, Bailey, Day and Jiath hanging about later in the year. Work your butts off I say. Want our mids to bring beast mode this week and for our forwards to kick straight

The wheels of falling of the Dees. Let’s humiliate them

I wonder if they'll play all of Brown, JVR, Petty & McDonald forward to stretch our defence. Would be a worry if our mids are getting smashed but would give us an advantage on the rebound where we were statistically strong last week.
Our HBF's (4 of them :oops:) will have a field day. I am worried about Hawthorns small defence - but not against Melbourne I'm not.

Apparently Ben Brown didn't train in the captains run for them. Expecting a late change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, a new Hawk from Sydney here, and fighting the good fight against a rabid nest of Swans supporters in my workplace. The lack of respect is palpable as a supporter of this great club. There are only so many times I can go back to 2014. Maybe I am showing my rugby league 'mungo' characteristics, but can the Hawks revert back to their unsociable ways? I became a Hawks supporter because of the guy in my profile pic. Can we start with the Demons? Line in the sand indeed...

The sand has been washed away with the tide called AFL.
Never, the line in the sand is an attitude. What is the AFL going to do, suspend? Fine? From the outside looking in, it seems that the Hawks are taking a lot of crap from the AFL. The club needs to demand a lot more respect. What do you want? The Demons by 55 and we surrender meekly, returning to our place at the end of the line, or belt the living sh*t out of them for four quarters (legally of course), and lose by 15 but give them a reminder of who we are? Remember 2004?

You know I hope we kick a goal in the first minute and then hope someone does a video of him saying it intercut with the goal in the first minute - it would be the funniest thing ever. Also David King is a massive ******* whose eyes are far too close together to be trusted

All I want is to get under their skin in a huge way.

• Finn to tag Oliver into the ground and cause him (and his coach) to lose his ****
  • Ginni to kick a couple of belters and let their defence know about it
  • Nash to crunch a couple of huge tackles
  • Watson to get caught high and convert a couple of chances
  • Hunt as a pack

Key KPI: Amount of veins standing out on Goodwin's forehead after the game. 2 = par. 3 = good. 4 = excellent (keep ambulance on speed dial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back