Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v North Friday 29th March 4.20PM @ Marvel - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Elijah Hollands, Caleb Marchbank, Jacob Weitering
OUT: David Cuningham (calf), Brodie Kemp, Lewis Young
NEW: Elijah Hollands

Round 3 team v North Melbourne
Backs:Caleb MarchbankJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLewis Young

Of course percentage would be a consideration for a coach. It is just a low priority but it is something they would def consider.

How does percentage decisions play out in season? Aside from being low priority, the decision to protect a 20-30 pt lead in the last quarter vs the decision to continue to attack which might be preferred. ...this is something voss would control on game day and would relate to both winning and percentage gains/losses.

Last edited:

I've got a mate who always holds his nerve when buying AFL member tickets. Without fail the day before a blockbuster match they release some of the best seats in the house. It is so frustrating.
I do this aswell …. Try when tickets come out like I already have the Adelaide game tickets but then if I decide to go a game a week out or so wait till the last few days

Good point re: %

With Geelong and Port both looking good, our double ups are all 50/50 or tough games.

GWS
Geelong
Port
Pies

Need to make the most of when we're playing against the expected strugglers. We managed to hold on against the Tiges - need to handle our business with North.

On the other hand, that's four good old fashioned "8-point games". Win them and percentage becomes less relevant anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think Walsh plays this week, but Jacob does.
Walsh the week after barring setbacks.

Yeah I think that makes the most sense.

Let him dominate the VFL at his own pace this Friday, then unleash him against Freo off an 8 day break.

The important thing to take from that news is no surgery. Whether it’s this week or next week we’ll have him soon.

Unreal news about Walsh. A lot to look forward to. Walsh, Weitering, Marchbank, Martin and Motlop all provide traits that this team has been missing. Hollands may as well. It's exciting, the prospect that we could be bringing in 4-6 players who all improve the team just that little bit.

It would be awesome to bring them in and still get the win, getting a game into the players is really important, start building match fitness as we progress into the harder games that are to come.

Make no mistake, north will throw the kitchen sink and more at us! We just need to absorb there punches then power on over the top of them as the game wears on.
I think they will too. I think it comes down to pressure. If we apply real pressure, tackle well, give them no time and space they will fall to pieces. Problem a lot of teams come out against them, they are a bottom team, they pay them no respect and they let them in. It will be interesting to see what we can do. There is a lot of expectation on us this season so it's reasonable to expect we win this easily. But that still depends on effort.

I think they will too. I think it comes down to pressure. If we apply real pressure, tackle well, give them no time and space they will fall to pieces. Problem a lot of teams come out against them, they are a bottom team, they pay them no respect and they let them in. It will be interesting to see what we can do. There is a lot of expectation on us this season so it's reasonable to expect we win this easily. But that still depends on effort.
Yep. If we let them get there quick offensive run and gun game going then they could cause us some issues. But they have a lot of younger bodies in there side, so I feel like if we pressure them enough and work them over physically then that should be enough to get over them. IMO

A good game to get the through-the-middle overlap running working better than it has so far and to work on getting better and smarter targetted kicks to leading forwards. Need to get the counter punch part of the turnover game working - as the next layer of improvement - whilst at the same time stop losing the clearances and ground ball contests.

Hopefully it is a 3 quarter slog and then a final quarter steam rolling - which is the mark of a good side playing strong football against wiling opponents.

Kennedy/Cuningham must be nervous about selection if Martin/Motlop are fit and O Hollands and Cottrell need to lift back to their previous standards - sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back