Can’t justify a new thread - still want to post it though, (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, I will cut to the chase. I am wondering if the grog flows all game. Or if it stops at the commencement of the lunch?
It flows.
It’s for corporate entertainment after all.
It’s a step lower than a corporate box.

But I’ll test it here.

Josh Daicos is a very good player.

After seeing the VFL game yesterday my assessment of our future is very bleak indeed. We have nothing coming through except TJ. The tall stocks are non existent, literally. Our VFL rucks are undersized, our key position players are undersized and our mids coming through are average for VFL. Honestly it’s worse than I thought.

We are in for a decade or more of rebuilding. Seriously a few injuries this year and it’s us screwed.

Here’s the scenario, Cox and Cameron get injured like last year and both are out. Frampton is holding down Murphys spot and Steene keeps getting injured. Our 1st ruck is Begg who’s an undersized ruck for a 2nd ruck and who backs him up? The only other option is AJ and he’s undersized for a key forward let alone a ruck and don’t get me started if we lose some mids. I’m actually quite angry at our recruiting which apart from f/s has been woeful and the lack of quality coming through is evident and it’s not just talls. Its a big call but we are probably going to be the next cellar dwellers in the next few years and that all on Hine and his pathetic record.

Ps. Don’t @ me this is a rant, it’s never meant to make sense.

After seeing the VFL game yesterday my assessment of our future is very bleak indeed. We have nothing coming through except TJ. The tall stocks are non existent, literally. Our VFL rucks are undersized, our key position players are undersized and our mids coming through are average for VFL. Honestly it’s worse than I thought.

We are in for a decade or more of rebuilding. Seriously a few injuries this year and it’s us screwed.

Here’s the scenario, Cox and Cameron get injured like last year and both are out. Frampton is holding down Murphys spot and Steene keeps getting injured. Our 1st ruck is Begg who’s an undersized ruck for a 2nd ruck and who backs him up? The only other option is AJ and he’s undersized for a key forward let alone a ruck and don’t get me started if we lose some mids. I’m actually quite angry at our recruiting which apart from f/s has been woeful and the lack of quality coming through is evident and it’s not just talls. Its a big call but we are probably going to be the next cellar dwellers in the next few years and that all on Hine and his pathetic record.

It could potentially be bad for this year.
As far as next year and beyond regarding tall forwards and rucks, there could well be quite an overhaul after this season ends.

Saw nothing, absolutely nothing, that would make Sidey or Pendles think their places are under pressure.
And they should be worried at their age.

Far out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw nothing, absolutely nothing, that would make Sidey or Pendles think their places are under pressure.
And they should be worried at their age.
Coming off a premiership year makes it less concerning but I agree that all of our veterans should constantly be under pressure to hold their respective spots. Pendles getting close to 400 certainly demonstrates his class and professionalism but he should be haveing guys line up behind him ready to go. We are lacking in that aspect...

Eyre Kreuger and mcstay are all injured and Steene will get over his injuries. Begg is playing well and is far from a bust. Dean too is playing well.

Kreuger will probably not make the grade but the club will go back to the well and find more talls

Also note the VFL side is winning in an interrupted season that’s only two games old so they must be doing something right.

Why somebody would be angry about a premiership side about its recruiting beggars belief.

Went to an under 18 EDFL game today, 2 umpires and it was umpired fantastically.

They have to go back to 3 at AFL level, the pool is not big enough to have 4 quality umpires.

Last night was so frustrating to watch even watching the replays there were some I missed.

Inconsistency with 'in the back' ( is it still a rule), 'incorrect disposal' (holding the ball), 'holding-interference in marking contest', drives me mad.

Went to an under 18 EDFL game today, 2 umpires and it was umpired fantastically.

They have to go back to 3 at AFL level, the pool is not big enough to have 4 quality umpires.

Last night was so frustrating to watch even watching the replays there were some I missed.

Inconsistency with 'in the back' ( is it still a rule), 'incorrect disposal' (holding the ball), 'holding-interference in marking contest', drives me mad.

How is a lower level game being umpired fantastically supporting evidence of there not being a big enough pool of quality umpires at the AFL level?

How is a lower level game being umpired fantastically supporting evidence of there not being a big enough pool of quality umpires at the AFL level?
The real point of my post was the inconsistent umpiring however to answer your post... .

They positioned themselves well, decisions seemed to be consistent from both and oh... both were at least over 40 and had been umpiring for many years so were very consistent, had a real feel for the game. Too old to umpire at AFL level.

So it was great umpiring from only 2 umpires, had a good understanding of the game.

AFL umpires seem to have 1 experienced and 3 lesser known, it hasn't improved the game from using three umpires in my opinion, just made it more frustrating for spectators.

The real point of my post was the inconsistent umpiring however to answer your post... .

They positioned themselves well, decisions seemed to be consistent from both and oh... both were at least over 40 and had been umpiring for many years so were very consistent, had a real feel for the game. Too old to umpire at AFL level.

So it was great umpiring from only 2 umpires, had a good understanding of the game.

AFL umpires seem to have 1 experienced and 3 lesser known, it hasn't improved the game from using three umpires in my opinion, just made it more frustrating for spectators.

One reason for 4 umps is to prolong careers of the older umps by reducing the running requirements…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So many ex pies running around these days it’s rare you see a game where they arent at least two of them on games I tend to watch.

Which got me thinking … probably a good topic for the useless afl stats team…..

Which player has the most ex teammates listed at other clubs? Off the top of my head Taylor Adams would be close to the top of that list

So many ex pies running around these days it’s rare you see a game where they arent at least two of them on games I tend to watch.

Which got me thinking … probably a good topic for the useless afl stats team…..

Which player has the most ex teammates listed at other clubs? Off the top of my head Taylor Adams would be close to the top of that list
Jaeger O’Meara would have a few

Remove this Banner Ad

Back