List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
If we lose a finally fit Yeo to Geelong as an UFA, I'll put a long coat on, a driver's cap, walk to the ocean and keep on walking

Especially with our salary cap situation.

If we were tight on funds then sure, but we can give him 2 years on decent coin and still have a huge chunk for Harley when we need to pay it.

The issue would be if a team offered him say 4 years, but surely not. 3 maybe, at which point we could stretch to that, but 2 would be preferable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Especially with our salary cap situation.

If we were tight on funds then sure, but we can give him 2 years on decent coin and still have a huge chunk for Harley when we need to pay it.

The issue would be if a team offered him say 4 years, but surely not. 3 maybe, at which point we could stretch to that, but 2 would be preferable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think club and player would be pretty happy with 2 years on good money with a games trigger for a 3rd.

Thing is, if Yeo left now, at his age, he’s not triggering anything decent in the way of a compensation pick. Band 4 or band 5.
Exactly. Can’t see him leaving. Only conceivable reason would be to chase another flag with a contender and we’d be able to trump any financial offer. Can’t see him passing up building on his Eagles legacy, paying the club back for sticking with him and of course getting to play in a midfield with Harley.

I don't understand the desire for Sheldrick, Garcia, dev and Tunstill.
Sure, a couple may be decent players, but we're likely to have another top 3 mid after this year's draft, so we don't need another inside mid with Reid, FOS (as an example), Hewett, Ginbey, Hall & Culley.

It's the one area of the ground we are now well stocked. Need basically every other position more, particularly runners/rebounders/good ball users

Exactly. Can’t see him leaving. Only conceivable reason would be to chase another flag with a contender and we’d be able to trump any financial offer. Can’t see him passing up building on his Eagles legacy, paying the club back for sticking with him and of course getting to play in a midfield with Harley.
Yeo and Harley seemed pretty tight. Always celebrating together. Yeo will be a good role model for him

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sure, a couple may be decent players, but we're likely to have another top 3 mid after this year's draft, so we don't need another inside mid with Reid, FOS (as an example), Hewett, Ginbey, Hall & Culley.

It's the one area of the ground we are now well stocked. Need basically every other position more, particularly runners/rebounders/good ball users
Always need competition for spots... and injuries always happen, for example Hewett and culley, yeo for the last few seasons.

I think Garcia will get a game this weekend with Libba out, hopefully he answers the question.

Interesting article about the current trend in rucks. No English in the top 5 rucks this year.

Bodes well for the Flynn pick up over the last off season. I think he’ll have a significant impact if we can get him back on the park.

Isn’t tunstill more outside? I thought he was playing wing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

norf board already talking about zurhaar getting pick 2 (B1 compo) after 1.

rofl.

they rattlin' them tins already.

Surely no one is dumb enough to offer Zurhaar big enough coin to trigger band 1 compo.

It was only Dodumbass willing to offer the big contract that got McKay band 1 last year and he's no longer in charge.

briztoon and the Lions board suggesting a Dev salary dump so they can keep McCluggage and Berry. What pick should we ask for after another year of Dev melts?
Not quite the actual discussion, and certainly not one driven by me.

Lions fans discussing whether Robertson was smart to re-sign with the Lions, or should he have taken the longer contract on offer at West Coast.

Someone asked what he’d be worth in a trade to West Coast. Some suggested a mid second round pick. Someone else said a late third round pick. And I replied a token pick at best.

Yeo and Harley seemed pretty tight. Always celebrating together. Yeo will be a good role model for him

Also Shuey pretty much has him under his wing at training and outside the club at times as well. A good couple of blokes to have looking after the kid.

Not quite the actual discussion, and certainly not one driven by me.

Lions fans discussing whether Robertson was smart to re-sign with the Lions, or should he have taken the longer contract on offer at West Coast.

Someone asked what he’d be worth in a trade to West Coast. Some suggested a mid second round pick. Someone else said a late third round pick. And I replied a token pick at best.
Would have been worth a little something something last year, not so much any more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back