No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my favourites. It's amazing how well it still holds up considering it was made in the '70's.

Pretty funny in parts too.

💯 we’re just loving it. Having seen John Thaw in Morse first (having been too young when The Sweeney was aired), I keep thinking of Regan as young Morse, although his character’s somewhat different, and Denis Waterman’s great, too.

My hatred of Geelong is the equal of Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon. Their fans can be a self entitled lot sometimes. Hard to watch any media on tv these days when the subject turns to Geelong. It's nauseating the fawning over that mob.

Geelong are brilliantly coached. They are not a great playing list.

You think I’m wrong? Who is their third best player after Tom Stewart and Jeremy Cameron? Who is their best midfielder?

They run to defend like no other team and are almost never caught out defensively because everyone plays their role. This is coaching. Their playing list is mid-table. Their midfield is bottom-6. FFS they are undefeated with a midfield containing Bruhn, Parfitt, Duncan, Atkins, Blicavs ….

The entire team runs their little leggies off to defend every minute of every game … that’s why when they often look like a game is turning against them the momentum for their oppo is usually short lived. That’s coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seeing Tom Stewart get knocked out this weekend brought my mind back to when he knocked out Prestia a few years ago. With the new focus on concussion, what do you think Stewart would have got if he’d hit Prestia like that in 2024? 1. An All Australian Guersney? 2. A $20 fine? 3. A 50m penalty for a non existent protected area infringement by a Richmond player in the very next play. 4. 8 weeks suspension. I reckon it would probably be 1, 2 and 3. Thoughts?

Being at the game that day it still angers me, what a dog act that was.He should've been suspended for 10 weeks.

But if the role was reversed, play would've stopped and a 50m penalty would've been given.

I hope he does his acl when he returns.

💯 we’re just loving it. Having seen John Thaw in Morse first (having been too young when The Sweeney was aired), I keep thinking of Regan as young Morse, although his character’s somewhat different, and Denis Waterman’s great, too.
Yeah, Regan is a lot rougher round the edges than Morse, although he drinks just as much, lol. The chemistry between Thaw and Waterman is as good as I've seen on any TV show.

It's still my favourite UK cop show, and apart from The Wire, my favourite cop show full stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is after watching The Wire, every other cop show looks like s**t.
the last season was shyte, hurried and undid a lot of good work

first 3 were great

omar the best character for mine the writers did not do him justice at the end

too much town politics stuff wasted a lot of show time

breaking bad ruined every other crime show for me, in a class of its own

the last season was shyte, hurried and undid a lot of good work

first 3 were great

too much town politics stuff wasted a lot of show time

breaking bad ruined every other crime show for me, in a class of its own
Actually thought Better Call Saul was even better than Breaking Bad

I cant see an interstate team winning the flag in the next 10-15 years
CFL tryin their darndest,hear me out on Gold Dust Suns fixture first 9 games,here we go.

full 14 days break inbtwn their bye game(other teams have had 10,11,12 days)
played their first finalist from 2023 in gather round rd.4 in Adelaide on neutral territory mid you,so the CFL softened that possible
blow.

their first 3 games were against '23 non-finalists,2 @ home & 1 was in the mid afternoon blazing summer sun against RFC

theyve had 2 x 8 day breaks btwn games,5 x 7 days breaks and only the 1 x 6 day break but the CFL gifted them the Hawks
up in Qld on the back of that 6 day break

in the lead up to their toughest test of the season against a 2023 finalist away the CFL gifts them an 8 day break to face the Swans yesterday

if that doesnt go well as an insurance policy lets keep them in Qld for 3 weeks and play,get this,the all conquering reigning wooden spooners West Coast followed by a trip up the HWY to face Bris (harder game,but still in their backyard) and finally lets gift em
Norf @ home again just to keep the interest alive in case it goes pear shaped against Bris

so in the first 9 games 6 will of been played in Qld, 5 @ home all against 2023 non finalists including 5 of the bottom 5 if you include Richmond and Adelaide :oops:

of their first 9 games 6 have been against 2023 non finalists with only 2 games against 2023 finalists played away tho 1 is @ the gabba and no 5 day break,none and the 6 day was soft cos they got dawks,ya couldnt make this up

Yeah, I didn't like the way that happened either, but that was the show wasn't it; some characters ended up better, some worse, and some exactly the same.

I enjoyed every season even the one that focussed on the press. I liked how each season would focus on different parts of the city.

CFL tryin their darndest,hear me out on Gold Dust Suns fixture first 9 games,here we go.

played their first finalist from 2023 in gather round rd.4 in Adelaide on neutral territory mid you,so the CFL softened that possible
blow.

their first 3 games were against '23 non-finalists,2 @ home & 1 was in the mid afternoon blazing summer sun against RFC

theyve had 2 x 8 day breaks btwn games,5 x 7 days breaks and only the 1 x 6 day break but the CFL gifted them the Hawks

in the lead up to their toughest test of the season against a 2023 finalist away the CFL gifts them an 8 day break to face the Swans yesterday

if that doesnt go well as an insurance policy lets keep them in Qld for 3 weeks and play,get this,the all conquering reigning wooden spooners West Coast followed by a trip up the HWY to face Bris (harder game,but still in their backyard) and finally lets gift em
Norf @ home again just to keep the interest alive in case it goes pear shaped against Bris

so in the first 9 games 6 will of been played in Qld, 5 @ home all against 2023 non finalists including 5 of the bottom 5 if you include Richmond and Adelaide :oops:

of their first 9 games 6 have been against 2023 non finalists with only 2 games against 2023 finalists played away tho 1 is @ the gabba and no 5 day break,none and the 6 day was soft cos they got dawks,ya couldnt make this up
and they still stink it up

blow.

Plus they get to play 2 of last year's bottom 3 sides twice.

blow.

Dimma left a bottom 8 side and joined another bottom 8 side.

Maybe it's not the sausages, it's the actual BBQ that needs replacing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back