MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
tenor.gif

if spudyard hada just done this id be able to get on wif me evening

Rance officially joining the suns

Richmond Tigers premiership player Alex Rance to join Damien Hardwick’s coaching staff at Gold Coast Suns​

Headshot of Jackson Barrett
Jackson BarrettThe West Australian
Tue, 12 September 2023 9:03AM
Comments
Jackson Barrett
Richmond great Alex Rance is set to join premiership mentor Damien Hardwick at Gold Coast next season.
While he has once again poured cold water over rumours he could return to play, Rance is in advanced talks to join Hardwick’s coaching staff as the three-time premiership coach heads north.
Rance retired just months after missing the club’s 2019 grand final victory and has now moved to Queensland.
Watch the 2023 WA Football Hall of Fame and Sandover Medal count at streamer.com.au
The 33-year-old, speaking as he was inducted into the WA Football Hall of Fame on Monday night, revealed he will play some role in Hardwick’s team next year.
“I will be at the Suns next year, yeah for sure,” Rance said.
“I won’t be playing. I will do something at the Suns, I am working with Dimma and the management staff on what that looks like and I think it probably lends itself more to the key-position craft, cultural stuff, which I really enjoyed.
94691d896a7d126cc69856a632403ec9cdd7b92e.jpg
Damien Hardwick will coach the Suns next season. 2023 Getty Images
“That is still a bit more ‘TBC’, but working through the finer details.
“Dimma is building his little band up there and I think it is going to be really exciting times.”
Rance made a cameo appearance for Essendon’s VFL team last season, sparking rumours he was pushing for a senior comeback.
The football-focused school Rance began after leaving Richmond is set to shut down.
Another Tigers premiership hero, highly-regarded development coach Shaun Grigg has been lured out of Geelong and to the Gold Coast by Hardwick.
Former Richmond defender Alex Rance set to join WA Football Hall of Fame
And speculation of a move to the Suns for three-time Norm Smith medallist Dustin Martin has ramped up since Hardwick joined the club, the Tigers star pictured in Queensland last week.
Rance was inducted into the Hall of Fame alongside North Melbourne champion Phil Krakour, two-time Sandover Medal winner Alistair Pickett and women’s trailblazer Jan Cooper.
West Perth rover Mel Whinnen was made a legend of the Hall of Fame, before East Perth star Hamish Brayshaw won the Sandover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atleast that s**t show is over, surprised he got off with how poor the pies defenders was

Richmond Tigers premiership player Alex Rance to join Damien Hardwick’s coaching staff at Gold Coast Suns​

Comments
Jackson Barrett
Richmond great Alex Rance is set to join premiership mentor Damien Hardwick at Gold Coast next season.
While he has once again poured cold water over rumours he could return to play, Rance is in advanced talks to join Hardwick’s coaching staff as the three-time premiership coach heads north.
Rance retired just months after missing the club’s 2019 grand final victory and has now moved to Queensland.
Watch the 2023 WA Football Hall of Fame and Sandover Medal count at streamer.com.au
The 33-year-old, speaking as he was inducted into the WA Football Hall of Fame on Monday night, revealed he will play some role in Hardwick’s team next year.
“I won’t be playing. I will do something at the Suns, I am working with Dimma and the management staff on what that looks like and I think it probably lends itself more to the key-position craft, cultural stuff, which I really enjoyed.
“Dimma is building his little band up there and I think it is going to be really exciting times.”
Rance made a cameo appearance for Essendon’s VFL team last season, sparking rumours he was pushing for a senior comeback.
The football-focused school Rance began after leaving Richmond is set to shut down.
Another Tigers premiership hero, highly-regarded development coach Shaun Grigg has been lured out of Geelong and to the Gold Coast by Hardwick.
And speculation of a move to the Suns for three-time Norm Smith medallist Dustin Martin has ramped up since Hardwick joined the club, the Tigers star pictured in Queensland last week.
Rance was inducted into the Hall of Fame alongside North Melbourne champion Phil Krakour, two-time Sandover Medal winner Alistair Pickett and women’s trailblazer Jan Cooper.
West Perth rover Mel Whinnen was made a legend of the Hall of Fame, before East Perth star Hamish Brayshaw won the Sandover.

Cause it went so well at Essendon

Pretty sure Jack said a few years ago that when his career’s over he and his wife want to move back to Tassie.
He'd have a gig at Fox in Melbourne. He's been down Hobart on local TV pushing the Tassie team and new stadium. He's well loved down here but I can't see he'd earn anywhere near a media gig at Fox.

Comments
Jackson Barrett

Dumma not resting until punt road is uprooted and taken to the gold coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back