Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Have Freo lost the ANZAC day - Len Hall night game ( last surviving WA Gallipoli digger) that they started in their second year in 1996??,

It hasn't always been on the night of the 25th, first year was held on 26th, but have had a a dozen games on ANZAC day night game, when it means the oppo team have had a decent break!

Is the push for a Canberra ANZAC day - night game - a new thing GWS are pushing or just a one off?

Ok just checked
Essendon played last Friday night --> Thursday arvo
Collingwood Saturday ---------------> Thursday arvo

Brisbane Saturday night -------------> Thursday night
GWS Saturday twilight---------------> Thursday night

Fremantle Saturday night -----------> Saturday night
V Bulldogs Thursday night -----------> Saturday night ..... so scheduling issue isn't the reason for the change.

Looks like the AFL favoured their lovechild and maybe want to influence the pollies in Canberra for more $$$ and GWS get a ANZAC Day night match, and it might become a regular thing.
The AFL are desperate for this GWS thing to catch on.
There’s a lot of money up for grabs.

2013EF: white strip ✅
2013SF: home strip ❌
2014EF: prisonbars ✅
2014SF: white strip ✅
2014PF: home strip ❌
2017EF: home strip ❌
2020QF: home strip ✅
2020PF: home strip ❌
2021QF: home strip ✅
2021PF: home strip ❌
2023QF: white strip ❌
2023PF: home strip ❌
Your not that guy who called up 5AA saying the reason the crows lost was because of the white shorts? 😂

Hogan is playing well enough to kick 100 goals this year.

Is bloody strong, a good leap and can take a contest mark. He has good speed and knows how to lead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided to pick the Lions tonight, just thought they would need this, I still expected them to rise, GWS had some huge outs and they had a good record against GWS.

I was hugely wrong.

Brisbane are seriously cooked.

I did the same.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back