10k Posts
Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
My view is Essendon.

They always think they are one player away from a flag and Sheedy loves to be seen as someone who can rejuvenate a player. Bombers will love his ability to get head lines in a saturated market.

As for what they will have to give up, no much, late first round, early second would be my guess. Acker is pushing 30 and comes with some 'issues'.

Other than that Sydney would love the publicity.

Mickey said:
Sydney. They never take young players and this hack will suit there current game plan as he can no longer run.
he can run OK, It was just a year ago, mid way thru the season he was being touted as the brownlow medallist. He can play, its whether he wants to play at Brisbane anymore

FuManchu said:
he can run OK, It was just a year ago, mid way thru the season he was being touted as the brownlow medallist. He can play, its whether he wants to play at Brisbane anymore

That's very true. He can't have lost a leg in one year because last year he was excellent. I guess St Kilda and Sydney are out of the running after some of the things he's said about their players in recent years....

Well the clubs that could afford him are

Hawthorn
Adelaide
Richmond
and maybe Collingwood

My tip is he will be a Crow in 2007

Embers said:

Hawthorn
Adelaide
Richmond
and maybe Collingwood

Afford as in salary cap room?

asffa32652uc.gif

Tas said:
Afford as in salary cap room?
most probably, I know Collingwood have plenty of room in their cap, funnily enough. But they wont be spending it on a 30yo, thats plain to see after last years draft when we had the chance to snavel Camporeale and knocked it back for Iles I think it was.

besides, the swans are the most likely target, its whether they can offer enough in the way of draft choices for him. Aker and Willo at Sydney, off the HB, not a bad combo, plenty of pace, skill and experience. Unless Willo is about to retire

FuManchu said:
most probably, I know Collingwood have plenty of room in their cap, funnily enough. But they wont be spending it on a 30yo, thats plain to see after last years draft when we had the chance to snavel Camporeale and knocked it back for Iles I think it was.

besides, the swans are the most likely target, its whether they can offer enough in the way of draft choices for him. Aker and Willo at Sydney, off the HB, not a bad combo, plenty of pace, skill and experience. Unless Willo is about to retire

I think any club could afford him, at his age he wouldn't be asking mega bucks and most clubs have expendable players. Each club tends to have anywhere from a half to a third of their squad come out of contract each year so there is a fair amount of room to fit players in.

I just don't think Collingwood would see him as the type of player they need given he wont be around for all that long, a few years tops. Unless the pies feel they are a real chance in the next couple of years they will probably want to keep grabbing young players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide have the most room by a mile. They cud afford 2 Akers pretty much and considering they were looking for a player last year with there pick 17 or so I think someone like Aker might push them over the line as far as premierships go

why would an all-star crows midfield want Ackers??

same for the swans hard running midfield?? He will saty in Brisbane but Lethal heads for the Saints.

Except Noddy Lethal is a liability too ;)

Embers said:

Hawthorn
Adelaide
Richmond
and maybe Collingwood

Then I wouldn't be trusting your tipping. Craig is all about bringing through youth, and unless it was an absolute basement bargain (which it never would be), he wouldn't look at Aker - first, he doesn't fit the team ethos well and second, we don't need to add another ageing star to our already ageing midfield.

He is a Queenslander and should stay in Brisbane.

More to this than is in the paper folks.The coach is under pressure and hasn't been coping well for ages.Easy to blame one player, when the whole team and staff in the footy department know the game plan for the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back