B: Luke Power, Phil Davis, Tomas Bugg
HB: Adam Kennedy, Tim Mohr, Chad Cornes
C: James McDonald, Tom Scully, Dylan Shiel
HF: Adam Treloar, Jeremy Cameron, Curtly Hampton
F: Devon Smith, Israel Folau, Taylor Adams
Foll: Jonathan Giles, Callan Ward, Stephen Coniglio
Int: Sam Darley, Andrew Phillips, Sam Reid, Dom Tyson

Emg: Jacob Townsend, Nathan Wilson, Rhys Palmer

In: Tomas Bugg, Curtly Hampton, Dylan Shiel, Devon Smith, Adam Kennedy, James McDonald
Out: Nathan Wilson, Rhys Palmer, William Hoskin-Elliot, Matthew Buntine, Adam Tomlinson, Toby Greene (Suspension)

Essendon Bombers
B: Ricky Dyson, Cale Hooker, Jake Carlisle
HB: Kyle Hardingham, Tayte Pears, Courtenay Dempsey
C: Mark McVeigh, Jobe Watson, Brent Stanton
HF: Jake Melksham, Patrick Ryder, Angus Monfries
F: Michael Hurley, Stewart Crameri, David Zaharakis
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Sam Lonergan, Heath Hocking
Int: Nathan Lovett-Murray, Alwyn Davey, Travis Colyer, Ben Howlett

Emg: David Hille, Henry Slattery, Kyle Reimers

In: Mark McVeigh, Tayte Pears, Travis Colyer
Out: Dustin Fletcher (Groin), Leroy Jetta (Suspension), Dyson Heppell (Knee)

Another milestone game for the Giants with the first game at our home, Skoda Stadium.

Possible changes:
In: Dylan Shiel, Tomas Bugg, Devon Smith, James McDonald (all rested)
Out: Will Hoskin-Elliot, Sam Reid, Nathan Wilson (all omitted) and I'm not sure if Darley and Buntine will both hold their spots
??: Townsend (late withdrawal against Lions), Adam Kennedy (shoulder - out against Lions)

Where's Hombsch been the last couple of weeks? He's been very impressive without gaining much fanfare.

Where's Hombsch been the last couple of weeks? He's been very impressive without gaining much fanfare.
He was out with quad soreness against the Suns and hasn't played in the twos at all, you'd have to think its an injury and not just 'soreness = rest'. Hope to see him back in soon as he's been great down back, you can see why he was full back in the NEAFL team of the year in 2011.

If there is an injury there it's hard to know whether he'll be fit to play in his game.

I was really looking forward to going to this game but, due to a family medical emergency, now I'm not :(
On that note, anyone need 2 tickets?

As far as I am concerned... The season finally starts! Really looking forward to it.

Same here. Really keen to go check out the stadium and the first ever members reserved seats I've had at an AFL game. :D

Looks like Toby Greene might be sitting this one out:

Toby Greene, GWS Giants, has been charged with a level two engaging in rough conduct offence against Jed Adcock, Brisbane Lions, during the fourth quarter of the Round Eight match between the GWS Giants and the Brisbane Lions, played at the Gabba on Sunday May 20, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Brisbane Lions Football Club, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a level two offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction.

This amazing, visionary club of ours' is laying on a bus to bring Canberra members to Skoda for the opening game!!!

Seriously: what kind of gobsmackingly inspired vision is this!!!

It'd be an amazing experience to share the bus with some many of the Citrus Sea, and this game is going to be even better as a result.

Outstanding work, GWS. Again.

GO GIANTS!

Really looking forward to taking on Sheeds and we will have to be on the ball, as Carlton found out - despite what our smart-alec website designers think. :p

Fletcher and Jetta will miss, and Hardingham will too I'd think. Hille a good chance to play.

This amazing, visionary club of ours' is laying on a bus to bring Canberra members to Skoda for the opening game!!!

It'd be an amazing experience to share the bus with some many of the Citrus Sea, and this game is going to be even better as a result.

GO GIANTS!

Looks like though they have stopped the fantastic train service from Penrith to Olympic Park. :confused: :thumbsdown: :( They had this at the derby and it was great.

At least the Blue Mountains line is stopping at Lidcombe.

Blue Mountains Line services to and from Central will stop at Lidcombe Station between 5pm and 11.30 pm.
http://www.131500.com.au/events/afl-gws-giants-v-essendon-bombers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@GWS_Giants
Toby Greene has accepted a one match sanction for a level two engaging in rough conduct offence against Jed Adcock

That might help the selectors a bit in bringing back Shiel, Bugg and Smith plus I reckon we might see McDonald back now.

@GWS_Giants
Toby Greene has accepted a one match sanction for a level two engaging in rough conduct offence against Jed Adcock

That might help the selectors a bit in bringing back Shiel, Bugg and Smith plus I reckon we might see McDonald back now.

Between Greene being suspended and Harvey being let off, the moral of the story is "Dont bump them, punch them in the face".

Per the latest injury report, Kennedy and Hombsch listed as test for this weekend. Not sure if they'll come back through UWS next week or be considered for the Essendon game.

Got my gws jumper in the mail today
looking forward to getting it signed

think i did well getting Phil Davis's number on the back

Where is the loyalty Soph? I remember walking past the stadium in Round 1 and it looks stunning, especially the light towers but the Swannies are playing at ANZ against GWS so I am going to have to be a neutral fan to spectate.

Got my gws jumper in the mail today
looking forward to getting it signed

think i did well getting Phil Davis's number on the back
Nice one Soph! Try not to distract Phil though, I've seen around the Swans board that you can be quite vocal... Haha

Oh and busted:
Where is the loyalty Soph? I remember walking past the stadium in Round 1 and it looks stunning, especially the light towers but the Swannies are playing at ANZ against GWS so I am going to have to be a neutral fan to spectate.
In a perfect world we'd play the derby at Skoda and the SCG, then again maybe we'll one day fill ANZ... You're more than welcome to don some orange if you get out to a game at Skoda :D

He was out with quad soreness against the Suns and hasn't played in the twos at all, you'd have to think its an injury and not just 'soreness = rest'. Hope to see him back in soon as he's been great down back, you can see why he was full back in the NEAFL team of the year in 2011.

If there is an injury there it's hard to know whether he'll be fit to play in his game.

Hombsch and Kennedy both out with injury. AS they are a backline combination, I'd think they'd both be brought back together, and in the meantime, Darley and Buntine given games in those posies as a back-up pairing.

GO GIANTS!

I'm hoping it will be quite a few buses :cool:

I'm looking forward to watching the new stadium open for business, hoping the seats are orange coloured.

At the Bris game and underwhelmed that Giles/Phillips beaten by 18 yr Longer. Unbelievable. Folau has to learn that the only way he will get ball is to go and mark it. Did notice his lead or openness was being ignored. Izzy - just go and crash and bash. Even if you take out your own players, they'll get the message you have prescence. :eek:

Adams continues to impress. Cameron will be better for the run.

Guaranteed Shiel, Bugg, Smith back in.
Who is the third tall in defence to help/relieve Mohr and Davis ? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back