Club History ‘Port Adelaide to Shanghai’ by Andrew Hunter - Published by Wakefield Press, Friday 20 November 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I had no idea “mural” was a word in English. Go figure...

It is exactly the same word in Portuguese. It is related to “muro” (wall).
From the Latin word for wall, murus.

Interestingly, in the English language, the word mural can be used in the same form as a noun, as an adjective, and as a verb. Nothing wrong with Andrew Hunter using the verb "muralized," but arguably in that context, he would have been more correct to say "about to be muralled." Why? Because to "mural" a wall is to create a piece of artwork on a wall, whereas the suffix "-ize" means to "conform to or resemble something," ie., "muralize" means to change something to resemble a mural. just a subtle difference.

Ok, thus ends the English lesson. :rolleyes:

I’d assume that all sales and contributions for this book will be forwarded onto the PAFC by the publisher?
Why? The PAFC arent the authors and AH isnt an employee.

Its not an official PAFC publication, so stupidly they arent promoting it and not stocking up at the Port Store. If they did they would be making the retailer's margin as several hundred copies have been sold. The Port Store took 20 copies and sold them out immediately but havent ordered anymore.

The retail $$$ margin per book is greater than the authors $$$ royalty fee per book.

Last edited:

Its not an official PAFC publication, so stupidly they arent promoting it and not stocking up at the Port Store. If they did they would be making the retailer's margin as several hundred copies have been sold. The Port Store took 20 copies and sold them out immediately but havent ordered anymore.

The retail $$$ margin per book is greater than the authors $$$ royalty fee per book.
I bought my copy at the Port Store.

Ok, this is how I feel about it......

Seeing this is the only Andrew Hunter dedicated thread, I will put this here.

I saw this tweet alert of Andrew Hunter's article in The West on Saturday - in the opinion section rather than sports section about Sports diplomacy.

If he has a part time gig there, he might get to write about Port if we win the PF and write a couple of Port stories for The West leading up to the GF. Maybe even do a piece on Aliir.

There are people who will be remembered by those who were involved, at the time, as being instrumental in the quest to develop the Port Adelaide trademark on the world sporting stage as representing Australia’s best effort at a time when nobody knew or still knows quite where Beijing stands.

Much less Canberra.

Well done, Andrew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back