Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

chad.jpg

Chad Warner
When the Sydney Swans swept up Chad Warner with pick 39 at the 2019 AFL Draft, they secured a youngster with an insatiable appetite for the contest. Warner attacks the ball and opponents with aggression and is relishing calling midfield bulls Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker his teammates at the Swans. Warner impressed for Western Australia in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 18.2 touches (50 per cent contested), 3.2 clearances and 6.8 tackles per game. He also tallied an average of 27.1 disposals, 6.4 clearances and 7.4 tackles per match at Colts level for East Fremantle in 2019. He earned his AFL debut against Richmond in Round 6 of the 2020 season, recording eight disposals and two tackles.

Chad Warner
DOB: 19 May 2001
DEBUT: 2020
DRAFT: #39, 2019 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Willetton (WA)/Aquinas College (WA)/East Fremantle (WAFL)

Last edited by a moderator:

Free to play against the Bullflops. Nice try Fox Footy in trying to get him suspended.

They were the ones saying he'd be fine? Think it was Channel 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free to play against the Bullflops. Nice try Fox Footy in trying to get him suspended.

How was he ever going to miss? The elbow didn't make contact, did it?

Get the third brother this year.

Complete set

That's not a complete set. I think the third brother is Ashton but there's still Troy coming behind him too. And there's a sister - I'm not sure but I think she may play footy too.

I'm not sure the exact time but it was the last quarter (maybe midway to late?) while he was running from the back half of the centre square through the middle.

Edit: 10.30 to go in the last quarter

Just in case people aren’t aware of this amazing, yet completely unpublicised, bit of functionality in the official AFL app

IMG_3846.jpeg

IMG_3847.jpeg
IMG_3848.jpeg
IMG_3850.jpeg

A smile rather than a laugh in mentioned in ~ 14 mins in
I reckon that particular one just qualifies as a laugh.

One of the things that makes watching Isaac and Chad play is that they rarely take the grins off their faces. They're like a couple of kids in a toy shop.

Others in our team have their moments: Papley's are legendary, Errol loves to celebrate goals (his own and others). But most of them have more serious game day faces while they go about their business.

But not Isaac and Chad. They just wanna have fun.

Foxsports article on Harley Reid today mentioned broken tackles.

Dustin Martin holds the record (83) for a season. Way out in front for anyone for a single season.

At the same stage of the season Reid is currently ahead of Martin.
Reid currently on 29.

And finally to the point of the post, Chad is second on 25 and tracking very well in comparison to other players over the years. :)

285d4bb5c417ebe6b9e24fc3739de4c4.jpg
(Right click on thumbnail to open link for full size pic).

He looks extremely lean this year. His strength is shocking given his relative lack of size. Wonder if that is a deliberate decision.

Foxsports article on Harley Reid today mentioned broken tackles.

Dustin Martin holds the record (83) for a season. Way out in front for anyone for a single season.

At the same stage of the season Reid is currently ahead of Martin.
Reid currently on 29.

And finally to the point of the post, Chad is second on 25 and tracking very well in comparison to other players over the years. :)

View attachment 1996878
(Right click on thumbnail to open link for full size pic).
Only reason Chad is 2nd is because most of the time oppo players aren't even able to get an attempted tackle on him. If he slowed down then he'd eat Dusty's record.

A more valuable stat would be if they could record attempted tackles evaded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back