Player Watch #1: Nick Vlastuin

Remove this Banner Ad

Still have my concerns whether he can go to a higher level Appears to be a glorified plodder. Long way to go for me before I raise my eyebrows . A glorified rugby player ATM and still loses sight of ball , opponent and game. Just a young kid tracking fine , but still needs to go up a hell of a notch before we can start building statues of him. Hasn't even got a tank yet

Still have my concerns whether he can go to a higher level Appears to be a glorified plodder. Long way to go for me before I raise my eyebrows . A glorified rugby player ATM and still loses sight of ball , opponent and game. Just a young kid tracking fine , but still needs to go up a hell of a notch before we can start building statues of him. Hasn't even got a tank yet
Agreed with most of this, but he's shown he has good burst speed when he needs to.

It can't be easy to run that much with a head that massive.

I've got a lot of time for the kid Juke as he's still learning the game. I hope DH gives him heaps of Ben Cunnington videos to watch over the Summer. Watched him play basically VFL for two years and was convinced he wouldn't make it. Good development and gut running line breaking inside work has turned him into the gun I want flossy to be. Im worried that flossy will just coast as what happens with a lot of blokes at pro

Dying for him to develop that tank and become the inside midfielder we drafted him to be.

Agree that he will be captain. Love him to bits.

Like you Bobby I hope he develops into a mid.
However if he doesn't I think he can become our general down back organising the backline in a similar way to Chaplin. he see's things unfolding before anyone else which is why he gets himself into such good positions to take intercept marks.

I've got a lot of time for the kid Juke as he's still learning the game. I hope DH gives him heaps of Ben Cunnington videos to watch over the Summer. Watched him play basically VFL for two years and was convinced he wouldn't make it. Good development and gut running line breaking inside work has turned him into the gun I want flossy to be. Im worried that flossy will just coast as what happens with a lot of blokes at pro
That last phrase hits the nail on the head 100%. Many just coast.....

Ran into him at the Hawthorn Hotel last Tuesday and we were both off our heads, he was there with a few other boys. Great laugh.
He was the most talkative of the lot and also the most drunk. I spilt my beer all over myself, him and Mcintosh and they really didn't care which I took as a win :D
"If you don't hit that I will mate" in reference to my girlfriend who was talking to him at the time, made me lol. They all ditched him in the end and he asked me and my mates if we're interested in cheers, we turned him down on account of being cooked and he ranted about Burwood being a shithole.
Nice cameo that night.

On the field, I love him even more. Contested beast and should get more time in the guts next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You make a good point for a hard marker. IMO, he's got the ingredients of a good'un. He's got guts.

Ran into him at the Hawthorn Hotel last Tuesday and we were both off our heads, he was there with a few other boys. Great laugh.
He was the most talkative of the lot and also the most drunk. I spilt my beer all over myself, him and Mcintosh and they really didn't care which I took as a win :D
"If you don't hit that I will mate" in reference to my girlfriend who was talking to him at the time, made me lol. They all ditched him in the end and he asked me and my mates if we're interested in cheers, we turned him down on account of being cooked and he ranted about Burwood being a shithole.
Nice cameo that night.

On the field, I love him even more. Contested beast and should get more time in the guts next year.

Isn't he with that surfer bird anymore?

What's not to like about Vlossy , would really like to see how he goes in the mids....

oh dear

He's virtually a ball of muscle Tigga.

Love what he does watching from afar.

What I'd like to see is some Essendon players show that much endeavour and be more willing to attack contests like this ripper does.

Definitely a future captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back