Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney's face when Francis wins MOTY
f83171df28cac6daaf6fab3d979d1cbc

computer-says-no.png

For the record I think Heeney is a deserved winner but Franga should’ve been a close second. For someone his size to get that leap on top of Ryder’s shoulder WOW....

How perfect for Aaron to head into off and pre-season with all that confidence, a VFL Premiership Medal, and EFC 2018 MOTY laminated award.
2019 membership cards better have his glorious face on it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times was he beaten one on one?

That's the thing. They tagged him so he essentially won his position without even doing anything because his man wasn't worrying about the ball or impacting the scoreboard.

A poor game by his standard but he still kept his opponent scoreless and prevented Richmond getting any connection going forward because it felt at times as if they were genuinely trying to keep it away from him.

That's because we're holding him to a higher standard (and rightly so)

How many times was he beaten one on one?
A few times he fell back into ball watching. In a few contested situations he could have impacted he hesitated and stayed outside. His disposal was lazy at times and generally poor.

The kid is a star but just calling it how I saw it. Thankfully because he is a star it caused Richmond to try and work around him and I think that messed with their fluidity. But I’m not at all concerned, Francis will know he needs to keep working and he’ll hopefully be good next week.

We’re in a good position where we have Hartley, Ridley and BZT causing enough havoc down back when Francis doesn’t fire.

Tigers we’re putting a lot of time and effort into him. Agree with Ethan...think it hurt them in terms of their ability to score.

Franga "had a bad game" because the opposition planned for him and played around him. He was starved of opportunities and made one mistake with his failed attempt to take on 3 players. Didn't do that well forward in the last quarter.

However, the fact that the opposition planned their forward attacks to avoid him is a massive feather in the cap and had a real impact on which way they approached the goal.

Franga "had a bad game" because the opposition planned for him and played around him. He was starved of opportunities and made one mistake with his failed attempt to take on 3 players. Didn't do that well forward in the last quarter.

However, the fact that the opposition planned their forward attacks to avoid him is a massive feather in the cap and had a real impact on which way they approached the goal.
one mistake?

Francis's kicking seems to be a bit like Hurley's. When he's on, he's capable of spectacular passes but when he's not he turns it over way too often. Hopefully as he matures the gap between his worst and best days can be bridged. I still think he's a great player in the making but its his marking, reading of the play and ground level agility that will set him apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back