Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

I come in peace.
What is your honest gut feel, do you guys think he will stay at Essendon or ask for a trade?
He isn't going anywhere. Seems to be some concern about what role he will have in the senior team going forward, and being trained in that position.

When he was drafted he was meant to be a Goddard type utility without the tank required to do that at senior level. Since then he trained forward, trained back, played back, then forward, then back, then swung forward and back in a couple of games as well.

Once he has some sort of assurance I'm sure he'll sign on the dotted

Be careful straying from the crowd... You'll be accused of seeing what you want to see

I mean you might just be imagining him rolling about on the ground and limping off like shot each week only to return 5 mins later

Is it brave or nothing to begin with? Eye of beer holder.

Lol I’m pretty sure it’s ok to have someone disagree with you.

Anyway, I hope the club and the fans exercise a bit of patience with him.

Having said that, if someone like BZT with far less experience overtakes him in no time, then he needs to pull his finger out.

He isn't going anywhere. Seems to be some concern about what role he will have in the senior team going forward, and being trained in that position.

When he was drafted he was meant to be a Goddard type utility without the tank required to do that at senior level. Since then he trained forward, trained back, played back, then forward, then back, then swung forward and back in a couple of games as well.

Once he has some sort of assurance I'm sure he'll sign on the dotted
Then he'll be swung forward or back depending on our needs because Hooksy ain't gettin any younger.

Then he'll be swung forward or back depending on our needs because Hooksy ain't gettin any younger.
That's assuming our forward line gets flogged with injuries again. Not the most unlikely scenario all things considered, but if they're healthy he should be able to settle in the backline. There's also the possibility that we bring in some sort of back up ruck who can fill the gap forward a little bit better than what Clarke does too.

FWIW Sam Edmund on SEN this morning said his information is that Francis has agreed to terms with Essendon on a new deal, official signing and announcement to follow.
He's right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back