Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

83% DE today and you could tell. He looked so much better by foot today. And his tackling numbers have been excellent the last few weeks. Great game.

83% DE today and you could tell. He looked so much better by foot today. And his tackling numbers have been excellent the last few weeks. Great game.
I said it in the GDT, but I thought his kicking really improved in the Collingwood game, and it continued on today. It's a relief, as I thought that I'd perhaps imagined the fact he was once a good kick.

Happy to see him attempting to kick on his left, it's the only way he will get better
He kicks more on his opposite than any other player in the game at the moment. He's actually very good at it IMO, wouldn't be surprised if his DE is similar off both feet.

Wish more of our players had this ability, massively opens the game up.

Mate he had a good kicking game for the most part. Shouldn't be tag worthy when a number 3 draft pick kicks decent for 1 game though

and i don't think you've ever questioned his skills, just his decision making - just going long each time without looking. That was his best kicking game for some time.

He kicks more on his opposite than any other player in the game at the moment. He's actually very good at it IMO, wouldn't be surprised if his DE is similar off both feet.

Wish more of our players had this ability, massively opens the game up.

You are, in fact, correct: https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06...kicking-on-the-wrong-foot-is-dividing-opinion

I side with Carey on this one - it's the first thing I was taught as a kid, to be able to kick and handball on both sides.

Love to know what Gus' DE is for non-preferred, compared with preferred, and who our others top couple of players are for using non-preferred..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that I think about it who was the last Melbourne player to move to Essendon? I literally can't think of anyone in my life.

Edit. Mark Jamar 😂😂

Anyone else that wasn't involved in the top up team
for some reason I was thinking about this the other day. Chris Heffernan ended up going back to Essendon, but I can't think of any others.

Now that I think about it who was the last Melbourne player to move to Essendon? I literally can't think of anyone in my life.

Edit. Mark Jamar 😂😂

Anyone else that wasn't involved in the top up team
Why would anyone willingly go to essendon?

Kicked two today which was nice; but does anyone know why Gussy spends so much time on the bench?

His stamina can't be this bad can it? Is he carrying an injury? Are we managing loads?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back