News 11 June 2020 - Restarting the 2020 AFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

Corporate boxes where you have social distancing, SMA members and probably 100 cheer squad members will have a lot of crowies. Got have 2 sets of cheer squads.

Plus each club will probably have 100-150 officials and staff each. Each club should invite all staff stood down and dismissed before any corporate's, SMA members and club members are selected.
Opinion or is this based on anything?

Opinion or is this based on anything?
Corporates based on what is happening at other sports stadiums - clearly show social distancing to authorities.

Rest is opinion based.

basically anyone in attendance will be spending big on light beer and crap food in the boxes or at the stalls, they love taking advantage of the most passionate fans. AFL house wins again!!

lol, we're gonna have the smallest ever showdown crowd :mad:
AFL better not make it an official crowd.

and ZERO crow members, it's our home game!!
The crows will always have the smallest afl crowd in sa forever due to round 1 lol, but yes should be 90% port fans but won't be

May be imagining things, recon I read somewhere that it may be 2K plus corporates.

SMA members can get stuffed, the majority of tickets should go to PAFC members who pledged.
I agree with you on SMA members but they will put pressure on Port offer some scaps to us to let them in. They will probably try and get some sort of government ruling fior 10-15% of the 2k to be their members.

I dont care what it takes and how small the crowd will be. I want to be there.
There is a great thread on the main board - been going for about 15 years and gets bumped every September, called Sneaking into the Grand Final. There are some great tips in there.

edit thread link is

Last edited:
May be imagining things, recon I read somewhere that it may be 2K plus corporates.

SMA members can get stuffed, the majority of tickets should go to PAFC members who pledged.
It will be 2,000 + 240 into corporate rooms.

There are the 32 x 18 people super boxes. Both clubs have a room for 100 people. The SANFL has has 2 rooms about 60 people each can fit in them and the SACA has 2 or 3 rooms the Gil Langely room fits 80, another room 40, and the SACA Committee room about 20. There are some 12 people enclosed boxes the 2 clubs sell for their home games as well as a whole lot of 10 and 12 people open boxes.

A crowd of 2000 spectators will be able to attend Saturday’s Showdown with another 240 attendees in private areas given the all-clear from South Australian authorities.

“Football and crowds are back in South Australia,” Premier Steven Marshall announced today. “It’s a good reward for people in South Australia who have done the right thing.”

Marshall said South Australia would become the first state to allow crowds at a major sporting event as part of the staged lifting of pandemic restrictions.

Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said the state’s transition committee had met today and decided that the Showdown would have a crowd of 2000 people in the general area and another 240 people in private rooms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So once again our home showdown gets turned into a neutral game. I'm betting there's no way we get a majority of available tickets for our supporters.
Don't know how accurate it is but given he is a sports reporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back