Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the mo too he looks like a footballer from the 70's.

Yeah, but what's up with Anderson and that tooth?

I figure that a bloke with only one tooth could at least keep it white.

Feel like he's been working on his explosiveness from the contest, not only is he confident to do it, but he gets that tree trunk legs of his moving very quickly.

Very exciting to see him start to take the next step. Excellent game, so glad he has finally made the midfield.

I wonder when teams will wake up to him running past the bloke who has taken a mark 60 - 70 from goal play?

I wonder when teams will wake up to him running past the bloke who has taken a mark 60 - 70 from goal play?

Boomer got away with it for about 20 odd years so...

So bloody proud of Luke right now; the epitome of living the dream, soak it up boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McDonald, Ziebell, Simpkin, Wood. They types of confident/arrogant players are what make a long term successful team. Look at the Hawks and Cats dynasty's. A lot of team will be hoping we don't sneak into the 8.

Especially Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needed the time in defence, that has only enhanced his game! He is a genuine star! Love this bloke, beautiful long kick for goal, evasive, strong in the contest and a smart user of the ball forward of centre! Jet!

Agreed.

Luke agrees too. He says so in his interview. That he needed to develop a defensive mind set and body to then play in the midfield.

Glad that he's now been moved upfield once he's developed his game. Gun.

Agreed.

Luke agrees too. He says so in his interview. That he needed to develop a defensive mind set and body to then play in the midfield.

Glad that he's now been moved upfield once he's developed his game. Gun.
IMO - I think his time in defence stymied his growth. Before he moved to the midfield this year he was trending down.

I'm glad he likes playing defence, but I've seen mason play great defence, I've seen turner play great defence, I've seen a number of players play great defence.

Playing our top draft picks in defence for multiple years is just plain bad and not where you should make use of the abilities. I use Atley as an example of a player who after too many years down there struggles to stay focused on what is a much more dynamic positional structure (midfield).

IMO - I think his time in defence stymied his growth. Before he moved to the midfield this year he was trending down.

I'm glad he likes playing defence, but I've seen mason play great defence, I've seen turner play great defence, I've seen a number of players play great defence.

Playing our top draft picks in defence for multiple years is just plain bad and not where you should make use of the abilities. I use Atley as an example of a player who after too many years down there struggles to stay focused on what is a much more dynamic positional structure (midfield).

Take that up with Luke. He seems to differ in his opinion. As do the coaches.

If it comes down to the football opinion of you or the player we're discussing and the coaches - I think I'll be going with the player and coaches.

Also, on what basis do you rate him is as 'trending down'? After the last few weeks, I'd say it's quite the opposite.

Sure, he got the 2nd year blues as many draftees do and was injured a bit last year. But I think he's been good when fully fit on the whole - just playing a different role.

Take that up with Luke. He seems to differ in his opinion. As do the coaches.

If it comes down to the football opinion of you or the player we're discussing and the coaches - I think I'll be going with the player and coaches.

Also, on what basis do you rate him is as 'trending down'? After the last few weeks, I'd say it's quite the opposite.

Sure, he got the 2nd year blues as many draftees do and was injured a bit last year. But I think he's been good when fully fit on the whole - just playing a different role.
Sure, you can take their opinions over mine anytime. One thing I'll say is that I don't have any agenda, no one to please, and no decisions to justify. I don't think you could say that for players and coaches.

Based on his last three seasons statistics. Stymied for such a young and talented footballer. His turn up in form has directly related to his new role and it showcases his abilities.

Sure, you can take their opinions over mine anytime. One thing I'll say is that I don't have any agenda, no one to please, and no decisions to justify. I don't think you could say that for players and coaches.

Based on his last three seasons statistics. Stymied for such a young and talented footballer. His turn up in form has directly related to his new role and it showcases his abilities.

Case in point, out of Luke's mouth nonetheless, was the statement that Swallow is still best 22.

Thanks for your permission. I will...

Which statistics might they be?

I think that is the point being made.

Its not "an agenda" then is it. Unless reasonable human behaviour is an agenda.

Anyway in 2015 he had real injury issues with his back then did his hammy last year - half a season of games missed. So specifically how do the stats over those years tell us his back half playing stymied his career development when he missed so much in the way of games and training due to injury?

Further more given he said what he said and you don't believe him what would it take to change your mind.

Frankly his defensive side needs development. If he could defend around a contest better we would have beaten Freo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back