Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I respect your opinion. You really reckon I am being harsh? Turn over merchant again, poor choices again when he had the ball. Not our worst and probably seems like I am just hating now but hardly a good game tonight.

I like you too buddy, and I don't remember you ever being this far off the mark in the 15 odd years I have been reading your posts.

It's been an emotional night, so I'll put it down to that.

I like you too buddy, and I don't remember you ever being this far off the mark in the 15 odd years I have been reading your posts.

It's been an emotional night, so I'll put it down to that.
Lets face facts - McGuigans black label is not an expensive wine, but very drinkable. Its about all I can afford at Dans now. Maybe the last glass clouded my judgement.

I thought Luke had a solid night, in-fact our back six performed really well under pressure. Apart from Jasper, they are the least of our worries right now.

Jasper started poorly, but he settled better as the game went on.

Back half was under immense pressure for large parts of the game. I’d have them in this order.

Walker
Tarrant
Mcdonald
Williams
Pittard
Atley

I’ve left Hayden out because he seemed to play higher at times.

I agree with all of that. Walker was really impressive and McDonald had a generally good game with a handful of disposal / judgement errors.

He should never rebound. As a lockdown defender he is effective but my god his kicking is a liability.
All the guts and hardness in the world but if we want to win a flag we need better users of the footy in defence.

Last edited:
His kicking isn’t necessarily bad, it’s his decision making. Starting to see better signs from Luke this season as in he is harder to beat in a contest. Once he develops confidence in his defensive role his decision making will improve. He is tracking ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are going to have the sexiest backline of all time with majak returning as well, they could start a boy band if north folds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some have LMac in their votes. Our best 3 against poo wees? Extraordinary. Hun and Age correctly don't have him in our best 5 or 6. Played a typical game littered with poor decision making and disposal. Maybe not as bad as I thought through a bottle of sav blanc last night but still cannot accept he played well.

You know I respect your opinion. You really reckon I am being harsh? Turn over merchant again, poor choices again when he had the ball. Not our worst and probably seems like I am just hating now but hardly a good game tonight.
3 turnovers from 21 disposals/10CP. This is one of those areas where single game stats don't always mean much, but your average elite HBF goes at about a turnover every 6-7 disposals with a much lower CP rate. You're just flat out wrong. Luke basically held the backline together last night. His one major stuff-up IMO was getting caught ball-watching and letting O'Brien stroll in to goal alone.

3 turnovers from 21 disposals/10CP. This is one of those areas where single game stats don't always mean much, but your average elite HBF goes at about a turnover every 6-7 disposals with a much lower CP rate. You're just flat out wrong. Luke basically held the backline together last night. His one major stuff-up IMO was getting caught ball-watching and letting O'Brien stroll in to goal alone.

Yep.

It wasn't a faultless display, but it was still 8 out of 10.

Some have LMac in their votes. Our best 3 against poo wees? Extraordinary. Hun and Age correctly don't have him in our best 5 or 6. Played a typical game littered with poor decision making and disposal. Maybe not as bad as I thought through a bottle of sav blanc last night but still cannot accept he played well.
I'd be feeling a bit off this morning after a bottle of sauv blanc. You?

I just stick to Carlton Draught.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Most people on here were freaking out over him tagging the best player in the middle

But he’s been shutting down players in the back line for years

It was a Jacobs night performance tonight. I even think the back line was missing him tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back