Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corr will not get up I reckon . Hopefully Taz is a chance to play

He's been passed to play by the AFL according to the radio this arvo mate.

Jordan ‘the sniper’ Lewis criticised North for giving Luke a 5 year contract basically saying no other clubs would have been chasing him , that has had a good year and is not elite

I'm going with delayed concussion.

I’m going with he is a turd of a bloke

He never got over Daniel Pratt calling him out on footsteps waaaaaay back in 2008, retaliating, then Pratty sucking him in and getting him reported..................and he has despised North ever since.

It all happened at the time about 20 feet in front of me. Lewis SH1T HIMSELF and boy did Pratt let him know it.

Jordan ‘the sniper’ Lewis criticised North for giving Luke a 5 year contract basically saying no other clubs would have been chasing him , that has had a good year and is not elite
Jordan Lewis is a *******.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thank Jordan for his concern but our TPP and list management strategies need not keep him up at night.
Luke is no world beater and it's shocking if he's got 6 years to go (including 2021). His previous extension was bad enough.

Luke is no world beater and it's shocking if he's got 6 years to go (including 2021). His previous extension was bad enough.

He flat out beat a few "world beaters" last year mate.

He made one D. Martin virtually disappear for ~70-80 minutes of footy until he was moved off him. Dustin wasn't pleased with the attention either.

He flat out beat a few "world beaters" last year mate.

He made one D. Martin virtually disappear for ~70-80 minutes of footy until he was moved off him. Dustin wasn't pleased with the attention either.
Luke is a good player now, no question about that. But that doesn't mean 5 years was warranted. Standard 2-3 year deal would have made more sense.

Luke is a good player now, no question about that. But that doesn't mean 5 years was warranted. Standard 2-3 year deal would have made more sense.

Let's say Luke never matches his 2020 output but oscillates around the 5-15 mark on our list as the whole team improve.

He's still a valuable player in that pessimistic scenario so why not just tie him up anyway?

Of course if he does sustain or exceed 2020 form then bonus.

He'd get a game in every side in the AFL and I dare say the contract was a modest one.

Let's say Luke never matches his 2020 output but oscillates around the 5-15 mark on our list as the whole team improve.

He's still a valuable player in that pessimistic scenario so why not just tie him up anyway?

Of course if he does sustain or exceed 2020 form then bonus.
Agree.
I'd imagine that the contract is so heavily front ended that the last couple of years won't be a burden on the salary cap.

He'd get a game in every side in the AFL and I dare say the contract was a modest one.

Correct - a modest contract no doubt in my mind to make a very popular father son selection a one club player and provide some core stability to a new long term plan isn’t a bad thing.

A culture move if you ask me, he’s a clubman that can play footy and bleeds Royal blue and white - no issue from me even though I was surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back