Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's shitloads better than Zac Jones.
LMac and Jones are borderline the same player, only Jones plays midfield so gets more of the ball (and more opportunities to butcher it). Both are good enough to be premiership players as the 20-22 best player ala Kamdyn McIntosh but neither are going to suddenly become superstars.

“Speak to someone - don’t just bottle it up all inside, because you’re never going to get anywhere if you do that. That’s something that I’ve definitely learnt .”

North Melbourne defender Luke McDonald speaks to True North about the importance of maintaining good mental health, and the negative effects social media had on him.

“I actually took six months off social media towards the back end of last year and this year, because I probably wasn’t going too well in my footy,” McDonald revealed.

“A lot of people, I suppose, just writing stuff [on social media] and I was spending way too much time on social media as it was, so I was like ‘stuff it, I’m just going to get off it’ and within two weeks I didn’t even realise that I had it. You know it was actually really refreshing.

“It’s a real trap for young people, in particular footballers; people can say stuff on there that they’d never say to your face.

“[It’s a] big challenge for young people, because you’ve got to realise what matters and whose opinions actually matter.”

McDonald said learning to speak about emotions is the most powerful tool anyone can hold.

“When you are battling a bit with form and even mentally like struggling a bit for motivation, don’t just try and do it all yourself, go out and speak to people,” he said.

“Even the club psych [psychologist] or players or leaders or coaches ... speak to someone, don’t just bottle it up all inside, because you’re never going to get anywhere if you do that."

“Speak to someone - don’t just bottle it up all inside, because you’re never going to get anywhere if you do that. That’s something that I’ve definitely learnt .”

North Melbourne defender Luke McDonald speaks to True North about the importance of maintaining good mental health, and the negative effects social media had on him.

“I actually took six months off social media towards the back end of last year and this year, because I probably wasn’t going too well in my footy,” McDonald revealed.

“A lot of people, I suppose, just writing stuff [on social media] and I was spending way too much time on social media as it was, so I was like ‘stuff it, I’m just going to get off it’ and within two weeks I didn’t even realise that I had it. You know it was actually really refreshing.

“It’s a real trap for young people, in particular footballers; people can say stuff on there that they’d never say to your face.

“[It’s a] big challenge for young people, because you’ve got to realise what matters and whose opinions actually matter.”

McDonald said learning to speak about emotions is the most powerful tool anyone can hold.

“When you are battling a bit with form and even mentally like struggling a bit for motivation, don’t just try and do it all yourself, go out and speak to people,” he said.

“Even the club psych [psychologist] or players or leaders or coaches ... speak to someone, don’t just bottle it up all inside, because you’re never going to get anywhere if you do that."

He mentions social media but I doubt this place is as bad as facebook is.
The s**t on there makes the stuff on here seem positive in comparison. Just real vitriol.

He mentions social media but I doubt this place is as bad as facebook is.
The s**t on there makes the stuff on here seem positive in comparison. Just real vitriol.
Good North news on here: 20-1 positive comments to negative.
Good North news on Facebook: 50-50 positive to negative comments. It's really a miserable website.

Good North news on here: 20-1 positive comments to negative.
Good North news on Facebook: 50-50 positive to negative comments. It's really a miserable website.
I think the negativity on here gets compounded by a constant source or replies to that original negative comment exaggerating its spread.
On FB its a widespread pile in.

I hope all the clueless s**t campaigners that post here are proud of themselves.

Stay focused Luke & the rest will take care of itself. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back