Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are just going by this year, I cant see how we justify another contract?

Would any other team be itching to get him? I don't know anymore

He can still play. The whole group has taken a downturn since halftime vs Brisbane.

If the entire squad was pumping right now and Luke was the outlier then he might need special attention.

But while there's a broader question on 4 quarter application and focus across the group I think he shouldn't be singled out.

He can still play. The whole group has taken a downturn since halftime vs Brisbane.

If the entire squad was pumping right now and Luke was the outlier then he might need special attention.

But while there's a broader question on 4 quarter application and focus across the group I think he shouldn't be singled out.

I think we all have high expectations of Lmac

I hope we arent considering trading him. I think he just needs a rocket.

Making him sweat on a contract a bit and then giving him some absolute home truths in his exit meeting would be the best way to go at this point.

He might never be an A grader but he has the tools to be so much better than he has played this year. He needs a huge pre season too. Time to really spend some time in the gym too - hes still too weak in contests yet is trying to bust through tackles all the time

I hope we arent considering trading him. I think he just needs a rocket.

Making him sweat on a contract a bit and then giving him some absolute home truths in his exit meeting would be the best way to go at this point.

He might never be an A grader but he has the tools to be so much better than he has played this year. He needs a huge pre season too. Time to really spend some time in the gym too - hes still too weak in contests yet is trying to bust through tackles all the time

Unfortunately i cannot see Brad dropping him though. But i agree his "good" is sensational, almost captain Territory

Go back to the VFL Lmac and show us what you're really about!

bloke is not getting dropped, as mentioned earlier hes our 3rd highest possession getter so far this year and this is an off year for him
And I'd wager close to most turnovers!

Stop defending the indefensible. His form and attitude are putrid.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

his possessions count for bugger all when he continually bombs it to no one. His foot skill shave been deplorable for 18 months.

spot on. Brown leads to the right hand side of the goal square, guess where McDonald kicked it?..... to the far left side so Collingwood player easily takes a mark.

Right now, he isn't even worth a rookie contract! Outside of his Brisbane game, I can't remember a game this year where he was the stand out or even in the top 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not buying into this mob mentality over Mcdonald. Its confirmation bias.
I 100% agree with you..
this trading/delisting is crazy talk.
Although I do think he needs a rocket, football careers are short, maybe a talk from a J.Smith to remind him.

What offer do you think the club should put to Luke considering he's out of contract and wants a long term deal?

The timing of Wood coming out of contract was perfect for him. Wright would be happy with anything they put in front of him, possibly 2 at low money.

So what are you giving Mcdonald?
So you agree he’s no way the worst on our list.
He’s 23 And we don’t have a good age profile, as the guys I’ve mentioned above are actually a lot more senior and don’t play very often.

Unless you want to enter Melbourne levels of s**t for a decade we need senior bodies and Luke doesn’t get injured.

I’d be giving him 3 or 4 years on a standard 400/500k.

Take it a sign of where our list is actually at.

He’s 23 And we don’t have a good age profile, as the guys I’ve mentioned above are actually a lot more senior and don’t play very often.

Unless you want to enter Melbourne levels of s**t for a decade we need senior bodies and Luke doesn’t get injured.

3-4@400-500k?

2@400k feels like overs...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think anybody thinks he's the worst player on our list.

But on output over his career so far you couldn't be offering him a 3 to 4 year deal on decent money.

A 2 year offer seems about right to me but i'm not sure that's enough to keep him.

Reports early in the year were that he was after a long term deal on decent coin. A new two year deal around 400k is about right(probably generous) i would think but the problem with that is other clubs will offer more than that.

Then the question becomes are we prepared to trade him or is he prepared to go.
On current output, would there be many long-term offers on the table?

I would have thought a 2 year deal was fair and if he gets back to producing to the level he's capable we look to tie him up long term.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back