Traded #12: Stewart Crameri - Traded to Footscray for pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate Crameri extremely highly but its tough to measure how big of a loss he's been considering our most credentialed key forward in Bellchambers and Ambrose the guy picked to replace Crameri are both injured.

Ok, I gave Liz votes because he was under the utmost pressure in keeping the big bastard quiet, was just waiting for crameri to hit the scoreboard the longer the game went. Liz smashed him. Having said that I'm giving crameri an out, to me he wasn't 100%, did not look right. But then again when you cross that white line......

Oh, come on.

It is fact he struggled with groin and hamstring issues.
It is fact that he struggled against quality sides as well.

It is fact that he struggled against quality sides as well.
To insinuate he effectively piked it and just didn't try is another matter, though.

Besides, he did beat some quality backs on occasion- see Kong's post on the previous page.

To insinuate he effectively piked it and just didn't try is another matter, though.

Besides, he did beat some quality backs on occasion- see Kong's post on the previous page.
If you thought I insinuated that you're wrong. I'm just saying that whenever he struggles there always seems to be an excuse, which he normally struggles against quality defenses.

If you thought I insinuated that you're wrong. I'm just saying that whenever he struggles there always seems to be an excuse, which he normally struggles against quality defenses.
He struggled against quality defenders in general because, most of the time, he's not good enough to beat them.

With a few notable exceptions, as Kong laid out.

I don't see the injuries as an excuse. They're just fact. He carried a lot of niggles in his time with us.

Oh, come on.

It is fact he struggled with groin and hamstring issues.
I think his issue is he lets those injuries play on his mind.

Saw Goddard a few weeks ago for example where he had the groin complain and he did everything he could to work through it, failed in the end, but Goddard said he had played with it for years and can normally run it out.

I think Crammers is just the kinda players that lets little niggles like that get on top of him. I think some of that is in his mind.

He's not the only one in that boat, and I don't even think it is a criticism as such. I don't think it is a purpose trying less, just that it plays on his mind. Hard think I think to avoid if you are struggling with a niggle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

his game on sat was a perfect snapshot of his career with us i thought..

always threatening to break it open, but never quite able to for whatever reason (inj? mental block? class?)

from early on i was worried when he got near the ball, he looks so dangerous! but as the night went on i was more and more comfortable, particulay with hurley on him.

I know he was the one who left us....

But I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for him at the end of the match. He had this look on his face pretty much told a thousand words.. he really looked like he missed playing with us, and when that siren blew he wished he was on the winning end of it.

I know he was the one who left us....

But I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for him at the end of the match. He had this look on his face pretty much told a thousand words.. he really looked like he missed playing with us, and when that siren blew he wished he was on the winning end of it.
He made his bed, now he has to sleep in it.

Bit of a nice comparative moment at the weekend I thought.

Now I'm generally not one to bag blokes for moving clubs - we usually draft them without them nominating us specifically and then they fulfil their contract. Fair play.

I tend to make a bit of an exception in the case of rookie listers however... you tend to pull them out of the wilderness, and it's probably the one case where I feel a player genuinely owes some level of loyalty to an AFL club beyond just fulfilling his contract.

And so my feelings toward Cram... seriously... here's a bloke who was playing bush footy and heaving bags of cow s**t in his old mans store... he gets given a chance at Bendigo... then a rookie list spot, then a few games, and then finally a senior spot and a genuine AFL career. He's obviously worked hard but really, he owes Essendon and it's development team a lot.

And then he gets a slightly better offer and he's gone quicker than you can say "minnow club".

So anyway, to the weekend... I just thought it appropriate... Saturday night, huge game against another huge club at the G, 75k people in attendance and we're running rampant against the hapless scumbags from Punt Rd.

And just quietly, a glaring gap or two for a strong sharp shooter in our forward line.

Where's Stewie? Fast forward to Sunday... he's running out in front of 14k people for Footscray... sorry, Western... frustrating himself with terrible supply in his new team set for yet another bottom four finish.

Enjoy the extra $50k a year Stewie... hope it buys you a bigger joint in "Edgewater" or whatever it is... we took you from tears to *in glory, and this is how you repaid us. Hope it was worth it.

(Of course nobody is beyond redemption when it comes to footy - I'd welcome him back if he ever wanted to right his wrongs and head home. In the meantime, enjoy the pain).

Go Bombers

Not popular with some of his ex-team mates as well.

What happens with BMAC gets given the boot?

He left us for cash, no doubt he will leave the bulldogs for a crack at a flag at another club in a few years.

Hope he enjoys having his Septembers free for the next 10 years.
xhG4zI9.gif

Our september's have been pretty free for the past 10 too my friend

xhG4zI9.gif

Our september's have been pretty free for the past 10 too my friend

Yeah, but at the Dogs you can plan your September holidays years in advance these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back