Goals: 1
Yabby Medal votes: 0

Averages

Kicks: 11.7 per game
Handballs: 9.0 per game
Disposals: 20.7 per game
Marks: 5.3 per game

Milestone

Played in his first game in almost two years (round 17, 2019 versus Fremantle Dockers)

Standout

Round 17, 2019 (versus Fremantle Dockers): After such a prolonged absence from the game, Birchall's return to the football field was a triumphant one, as he accumulated 21 disposals (including five rebound-50s) and took eight marks in an assured display off half-back.

Shocker

Round 20, 2019 (versus North Melbourne): Another soft tissue injury struck Birchall during the game, forcing him from the field and leaving a question mark over his future at Hawthorn.

14 - Grant Birchall (2018)

He's thanking God the AFL wasn't with WADA back in his early years of going to Tassie a day early for promotion and perhaps having a toke with mates on the Thursday night poor Willie Rioli; thought the substitution for that though was dumb by him.

Definitely think Birch is worth another contract next year.

Love the man and player hes been over the last 12 - 14 or so years and loved seeing him get back on the field, but I think its time to move on with the amount players we have over 30 on our list. I can see Scrimshaw playing that role he has for so long and the back 6 is looking really solid with continued development of Sicily and Hardwick.

Do we assume the club has offered him a minimum $ 1 year deal and advised him to look around for a better deal?
I've heard that the club hasn't made any guarantees, but at this stage have said to him it's likely that he will be retained if he wants to stay. Only 1 year and low $ so he may be snatched by Brisbane or Gold Coast offering a 2 year deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back