Delisted #15: Josh Green - will not be offered a contract for 2019 - 10/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for the AFL to take a stand, so lets start with Essendon :rolleyes:
Well why wouldn't they when an Essendon player was the first to do so for the year? Stop with the tin foil hat rubbish.

Well why wouldn't they when an Essendon player was the first to do so for the year? Stop with the tin foil hat rubbish.
I tend to agree but it is hard to ignore the fact that last time they cracked down it somehow was an Essendon player, which I supported because it was supposed to be a crackdown - then for some reason no other player ever got suspended ever again and people are still staging left right and centre, a la Oliver etc.

Let's just hope it's as you and I think and if any other players do it they also get a similar penalty to Green - which obviously I agree with

I hope Daniher gets fined next.
I think those push in the back ones will be super hard to fine against because the contact is often there and he just exaggerates it. The ones where the is little to know high contact and the players throw their heads back as if they've been KO'd are the real ugly ones.

Feel for him. Clearly trying to mimic his game on one of the AFL's best players, whom he was coincidentally playing against - Joel Selwood - but instead of being rewarded for his "bravery" he was punished!! :p

(The fine was deserved though. It is just interesting that EFC keeps getting penalized when there are many perpetrators).

Should never be kicked the ball as an inside 50 target unless standing unmanned. Against your average small defender Green is incapable of winning the contest in the air or on the ground.

If this is the precedent for staging in 2018 then Lindsay Thomas will need a day job. He won't be able to afford playing AFL.

Fines don't affect it, only suspensions in the H&A season. Also: lol. Jackson Merrett?
Well it would be between Jackson Merrett and Shaun Mckernan if Green were to be ineligible I guess.

ol mate Shaun would prepare a long list of gags about his brother Corey if he were to win a brownlow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staging was awful, deserved the fine. Hopefully don't see it again. At least he doesn't miss a match.

Everyone's on notice, don't exaggerate contact. People like Lindsay Thomas are already into such a bad habit of it that it will be really hard for them not to. Hopefully Green isn't like that.

Hawkins missed a game last year when the AFL were making a statement about jumper punches, it's not bombers victimhood time.

Eh, tweener game. Two nice goals. Had some nice moments of pressure but others were poor. Shades Begley if Fantasia comes back next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back