Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

We want him 100 percent when it counts though.

If he gets an unnecessary setback thats not what we want though is it!!

All depends on the level of risk....
Are you in the medical staff and have access to his records?

We want him 100 percent when it counts though.

If he gets an unnecessary setback thats not what we want though is it!!

If he’s going to cop a set back it will happen regardless if he’s playing vfl or afl also it’s not like he’s coming back from a soft tissue injury that once they start to happen a player becomes more prone to them

There is risk every time any player plays or trains it’s a reality of the game no point worrying about what if’s

If the docs and coach’s say he’s right why would we question it when they are the people with all the relivent info on the matter

No, but there has been a bit of grey.

If he played well in JLT we would be a lot more assured from afar though naturally.

Its not like where cellar dwellers with no handy depth either...
Then you shouldn’t make assumptions without all the info.
We are keyboard experts, we don’t know better then the people who’s jobs are on the line making the calls.

Then you shouldn’t make assumptions without all the info.
We are keyboard experts, we don’t know better then the people who’s jobs are on the line making the calls.

What assumption have I made??

If a guy in the media said he would only play for a half in the two's, if playing in the twos, and assuming he and Tom where telling the truth, he can't be 100 per cent can he even if arguably he is ready!

is he 100 per cent fit though?? If so why did the media person on foxtel, on the couch, say if playing in the twos would only be for a half?
No. He's not 100% match fit. But he is fit to play. He needs to play matches to become match fit. I would rather him play on the MCG than out at Williamstown oval TBH. Players play with niggles all the time too. It's up to them to say they are right to go as much as it is the club medicos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is he 100 per cent fit though?? If so why did the media person on foxtel, on the couch, say if playing in the twos would only be for a half?
Clearly he’s 100% fit or he wouldn’t be getting riskee since he’s a 7 year investment

I can't see a reason either.

If he was a racehorse you would not do it!!!

Apparently told media would only go round for a half if went into the two's.

The main thing is his knee is right and all checks and balances ticked off.

Then gradually increase the workload etc... I would have thought so right for finals
Thought you supported gws. Why would you care of he plays or not?

Cant see a reason why we need to rush him into round 1 when he hasnt played for more than half a year. All i can see is a car crash performance because he going to be super rusty or possibly reinjure himself
Cannot believe there can be any negative comments about this great player coming in as soon as HE feels he’s ready.
He’s not a first year player, he’s been in the system for 8 years now so I’m tipping he knows exactly when he’s ready to go! As will our fitness staff, think they’ll know a lot more than we big footy posters 🤔🤔
Embrace the moment fellow Tigers, he’s going to be an awesome player for our Club and it all starts tomorrow night. C’mon Tom, kick a bag against these pricks.

We've named him but will he play?
Of course he is, they’re not going to troll 100k members by naming and putting all over social media that our big name recruit will be making his club debut, only to not play him.

If he’s going to cop a set back it will happen regardless if he’s playing vfl or afl also it’s not like he’s coming back from a soft tissue injury that once they start to happen a player becomes more prone to them

There is risk every time any player plays or trains it’s a reality of the game no point worrying about what if’s

If the docs and coach’s say he’s right why would we question it when they are the people with all the relivent info on the matter
You just wouldn’t play him at VFL level, way above that.

BugFooty. Phew this site has some serious load server problems.

Don't really understand this Lynch decision. Why take the risk ? Doesn't make sense. We make fit players play 2 full JLT games before setting them loose in game 1 of the season, so why would we take a bloke coming off a PCL and no footy in 8 months and send him out there without one skeric of a hit-out, especially when he's on $900k a year and has years ahead of him ?

There's no rush and no sense in this really. Hasn't played in our game plan either and we're sending him out into the real stuff stone cold ? Strange decision. Hope this doesn't bite us on the arse.

We are sending him out against Carlton. Honestly prefer him to have a training run on the MCG than on Punt Road Oval. He will be good to go, any risk and they wouldn’t do it. Have some faith in the fitness staff that always seem to get it right.

Tom Lynch has 'a lot to learn', says Tigers champion

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...arn-says-tigers-champion-20190320-p515z2.html

Boom Richmond recruit Tom Lynch’s development was stymied at Gold Coast, who failed to exploit his potential, says champion Tigers defender Alex Rance.
Rance also said Lynch and Jack Riewoldt on the Richmond forward line would be the equal of the Lance Franklin-Jarryd Roughead combination from Hawthorn’s halcyon days.

Tom Lynch's lack of polish shows up at training sometimes, says teammate Alex Rance.Credit:Justin McManus
Rance said what had surprised him about all-Australian Lynch since he arrived at Punt Road was how much he still had to learn.
‘‘Lynchy’s development [at Richmond] has shown to me the lack of development that Gold Coast had,’’ said Rance, speaking at the MCC’s footy season launch.

‘‘He’s a natural freak. Players like him and [David] Swallow and [Jaeger] O’Meara, who are just natural freaks; they were always going to shine through and be really good players.’’
But Rance imagined that there were players at Gold Coast who like him were not instant stars and are now out of the game. ‘‘[They] missed out on an opportunity because of development.
‘‘I think Gold Coast really missed the mark there. They didn’t put enough support, from a soft-cap perspective, around those players.’’

Rance said Lynch’s lack of polish still showed at training sometimes. ‘‘I even see some stuff now with Lynchy [and] I’m like, ‘Why are you doing that?’ ’’ he said.

‘‘It’s just because he’s such a freak athlete and a freak footballer that he gets through. But I think his next three years to five years will be something really special.’’
Rance said he envisaged only good for the way Lynch would work with Riewoldt, the Tigers’ star forward-in-residence. He said it was important to remember that Riewoldt’s best year, 2017, was not his most prolific, but it led to a Richmond premiership.
‘‘His selflessness and awareness reminds me a lot of the Franklin-Roughead combination,’’ he said. ‘‘Buddy was by far the more talented, but Roughy was the better architect.
‘‘Roughy could see where the space was going to be and naturally draw his player away. I think Jack can be that for Lynchy. He can give Lynchy a one-on-one with a smaller match-up.
‘‘Jack’s a very, very smart footballer, has a very good footy brain, and is very very selfless now That’s a very dangerous combo, and I’m really excited.’’

After a limited pre-season, Lynch has been picked to make his Richmond debut in tonight’s season-opener against Carlton before an expected crowd near to 90,000.
Rance said it might take him a while to adapt.
‘‘He’s probably only played out there twice in his career,’’ said Rance, nodding towards the MCG arena.
‘‘It’s going to be 10 times the crowd he’s used to playing in front of. A lot of things will go into his nerves. But I am confident, he’s an all-Australian. He’s a fantastic player.’’
The match also will be Rance’s 200th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back