AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been critical of him not doing the basic fundamentals ie marking kicking but he is definitely getting in the right spots at the right time which shows me that he is not footy dumb it’s more of an execution issue.

I think people need to be mindful as it hasn’t been mentioned much is he didn’t have a proper preseason preparation so I think he has been playing a bit of catch up. It’s like the hard things come easy for him and the easy things can be hard for him. I thought he did some super important things today.

I cannot believe the bullshit spouted about this bloke on here. Had an off week and all of a sudden he's the whipping boy extraordinaire! Unreal.

People completely forget how us dropping off the perch last year correlated almost precisely with Draper's injury. Now, correlation isn't always causation but it's also not a coincidence, by any stretch. His physicality and energy is critical for us, and yes, you'll get the full Draper - brilliance AND brainfades, but fair *en suck of the sav the carry on over the last week has been ridiculous

I cannot believe the bullshit spouted about this bloke on here. Had an off week and all of a sudden he's the whipping boy extraordinaire! Unreal.

People completely forget how us dropping off the perch last year correlated almost precisely with Draper's injury. Now, correlation isn't always causation but it's also not a coincidence, by any stretch. His physicality and energy is critical for us, and yes, you'll get the full Draper - brilliance AND brainfades, but fair *en suck of the sav the carry on over the last week has been ridiculous
Also Ridley injury last year hurt big time.

Much better week but the bar was low.

I suspect Goldy will have a rest next week so it’s a good chance for him to have a crack as a solo ruck

Feel the same way.

It was his best game of the year, so you give him props for that. But he also wasn't great. And I'm starting to think that's how his career may end up. He's just an okay ruck.

I think it's obvious what the coach values put of him - physicality & contest. In the postgame Scott says "he never looses a contest, if he doesn't mark it he brings it to ground". Compared to 2MP, Draper is much better for this, and it's something we have all been crying out for.

The X-factor stuff is the cream.
Now we just need some genuine crummers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back