that_dood

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
The biggest inter-continental club tournament in the world which usually has no interest to most (Although usually some good games eventuate) will move from Japan to the UAE for the first time, with game being played in Abu Dhabi.

Schedule (All games LIVE on ONE HD)

Match 1: Auckland City 2 vs 0 Al-Ahli
Qtr Final: TP Mazembe 1 vs 2 Pohang Steelers
Qtr Final: Auckland City 0 vs 3 Atlante
Semi Final: Pohang Steelers 1 vs 2 Estudiantes
5th Place Playoff: TP Mazembe 2 vs 3 Auckland City
Semi Final: Atlante 1 vs 3 Barcelona
3rd Place Playoff: Pohang Steelers vs Atlante 12:00am EDT (Dec 20th Sun Morning)
Final: Estudiantes vs Barcelona 3:00am EDT (Dec 20th Sun Morning)

Might aswell give the trophy to Auckland already as I can't see any team getting anywhere near them.

The biggest inter-continental club tournament in the world which usually has no interest to most (Although usually some good games eventuate) will move from Japan to the UAE for the first time, with game being played in Abu Dhabi.

Schedule (All games LIVE on ONE HD)

Match 1: Auckland City vs Al-Ahli 2:00am EDT (Thurs Morning)
Match 2: TP Mazembe vs Phang Steelers 2:00am EDT (Fri Morning)
Match 3: Winner M1 vs Atlante 2:00am EDT (Sat Morning)
Match 4: Winner M2 vs Estudiantes 2:00am EDT (Dec 16th Wed Morning)
Match 6: Loser M2 vs Loser M3 11:00pm EDT (Dec 16th Wed Night)
Match 5: Winner M3 vs Barcelona 2:00am EDT (Dec 17th Thurs Morning)
Match 7: Loser M4 vs Loser M5 11:00pm EDT (Dec 19th Sat Night)
Final: Winner M4 vs Winner M5 2:00am EDT (Dec 20th Sun Morning)
LIVE? WTF!!! :D :D

Oh but it's 2:00am. ****kk

LIVE? WTF!!! :D :D

Oh but it's 2:00am. ****kk

Actually it may not be 2:00am. Just saw on another forum someone saying the games are at 3am, and they reckon ONE have their TV guide wrong.:eek:

Just checked and I think the games are at 3:00am EDT. Will see tonight...

I assume that Al-Ahli playing Auckland City in the qualifying match is a local UAE team, not the Egyptian powerhouse Al-Ahly?

Yeah, the local team.

And by the way ONE did f**k the times up. They are now starting the coverage at 2:40am EDT instead of 2:00am. Game starts at 3:00am EDT.

Oh dear Auckland City have a 46 year old drummer on their team:

Grant Young (born January 5, 1963, in Iowa City, Iowa) was the drummer for the band Soul Asylum from 1984-1995. He replaced Pat Morley shortly after the release of Soul Asylum's debut album, Say What You Will, Clarence...Karl Sold the Truck in 1984. Young's last appearance on a Soul Asylum record was their breakthrough album, Grave Dancers Union. He was replaced in the middle of the recording sessions by Sterling Campbell, who has also since left the band.
Young has said that he plays on five or six of the songs on the album; one of the songs he did NOT play on was the big hit, "Runaway Train" but did play in concerts.
After his departure from the band, Young and his wife, Cathy Mindel owned and operated a resort in the Boundary Waters region near Ely in northeastern Minnesota. They have since sold the resort, and now operate a retail business in Ely.

Real heroic performance by the sheep shaggers. The second goal was a cracker!!!

Win their next match and they play Barca...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Runaway Train is a cracking song.

The film clip with all the missing persons used to freak me out though.

well played to Auckland City, absolutely beat the hopeless home side in all departments last night.

I am expecting a cracker tonight. The Africans taking on the Koreans in 15 minutes time. I have hardly any knowledge of either team but going on stereotypes I expect the Africans to be big and black, attacking with flair, but with not much defensive cohesion. The Koreans will be small, technical players who will play on the counter and will make for a ripper match.

Now watch it turn into a dull 1-0 with both teams nothing like I described!:p:eek:

2-1 come from behind win for the Koreans against the Africans I believe. They now play Estudiantes?

Yeah.

Great game. I was hoping the Africans scored another goal because I didn't want it to end! The first goal was a screamer from long range, and then the Mazembe 'keeper was top notch in the first half. Three or four world class saves. Pohang were clearly the better team and if it wasn't for the 'keeper it would have been four or five goals.

Does anyone know if Denilson is the same one the Glory tried to sign this year?:confused:

Great game. I was hoping the Africans scored another goal because I didn't want it to end! The first goal was a screamer from long range, and then the Mazembe 'keeper was top notch in the first half. Three or four world class saves. Pohang were clearly the better team and if it wasn't for the 'keeper it would have been four or five goals.

Was part of the interest in seeing the match due to Adelaide being grouped with Pohang?

Yeah.

Does anyone know if Denilson is the same one the Glory tried to sign this year?:confused:

It is I believe, once the most expensive player in the world? He still would have been dumbed down to the level of Naum Sekulovski by the Perth Glory coaching staff if he had signed though.

Why was it swtiched from Japan for the $$$ too? It's always been in Japan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back