2011/12 Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brebner was done, and Covic wouldn't have gotten a game under Ange because he wants to play Velaphi.

Looking forward to these new signings Postecoglou's going on about too.

I would've kept Covic after the season he had, but both velaphi and Thomas on exposed form are viable and younger alternatives. We also need the list space and the money so it's fair enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid moves in my opinion, still shocked that guys like Kemp haven't been released yet, although surely it has to be announced in the near future...

Unless a club agrees to take him, we'd have to pay him out and it would contribute to the salary cap. Unfortunately we're stuck with a few of the duds until their contracts run out.

Bit surprised about Covic. I don't know what sort of money he was on but he could have been a handy backup for Velaphi.

We signed Covic as an injury replacement thus not under the salary cap. Now that it is a new season and Tandho is fit Covic is no longer exempt from the salary cap. It just doesn't make sense to have 3 keepers on the list and Covic at 36 was always the most likely to go despite his good performances last season.

Tando is a good keeper. Tando was really good in the acl last season imo. Very Happy to see Grant gone. Should been gone after season 3 with that Chonburi incident. The Thing that worries me with Carlos going is where are we going to get our goals from?

Tando is a good keeper. Tando was really good in the acl last season imo. Very Happy to see Grant gone. Should been gone after season 3 with that Chonburi incident. The Thing that worries me with Carlos going is where are we going to get our goals from?

Well I'm not all that sure that Carlos is the right man to play that sort of role next season, far too many times last season he just looked to slow to really impact the play. Theres no doubt he can take amazing spot-kicks but he seemed to fade out of critical games last year, so if I were Ange I'd be looking for a more versatile player, probably someone whos job is to supply the strikers rather than score themselves, a sort of playmaker. Looking at Carlos' statistics from 2011-12 he managed 10 goals & 2 assists from 21 appearances, a bit poor on the assists stat considering he mostly played an attacking midfielder role.

Well I'm not all that sure that Carlos is the right man to play that sort of role next season, far too many times last season he just looked to slow to really impact the play. Theres no doubt he can take amazing spot-kicks but he seemed to fade out of critical games last year, so if I were Ange I'd be looking for a more versatile player, probably someone whos job is to supply the strikers rather than score themselves, a sort of playmaker. Looking at Carlos' statistics from 2011-12 he managed 10 goals & 2 assists from 21 appearances, a bit poor on the assists stat considering he mostly played an attacking midfielder role.

In Carlos defence Archie botched alot of chances. Archie has to go imo. Doesn't score enough goals for a striker in the marquee spot.

In Carlos defence Archie botched alot of chances. Archie has to go imo. Doesn't score enough goals for a striker in the marquee spot.

I do agree with you in principle but realistically we're desperately short of quality strikers, so anybody who can actually score should be kept on.

Ideally Archie should be under the cap and be coming on as a impact sub imo.
Would be a lethal prospect :D

That would be perfect. 30 mins a game. If we can find a way to put Archie under the cap. We can get another marquee. How is Scott Mcdonald these days?

Looking at Carlos' statistics from 2011-12 he managed 10 goals & 2 assists from 21 appearances, a bit poor on the assists stat considering he mostly played an attacking midfielder role.

That's all Archie's fault. He botched half a dozen chances a game. That's right, he should have smashed Berisha's goal scoring record for the season but he simply ****ed up too many easy chances.

The supply was fruitful from Carlos. A damning stat for Archie is the fact that he was out scored by a player who spent a major time on our bench last year (god knows wtf the coaches were thinking) and according to you is rather slow and not contributing as highly as he should.

Carlos is the best player on the Victory list. It would be ludicrous to not pay him what he wants. How can the club justify not retaining Hernandez, yet guys like Ferreira, Foschini, Kemp and Broxham are all getting contract extensions?

It's a complete joke. Hopefully Ange sees this and cleans up this mess.

That's all Archie's fault. He botched half a dozen chances a game. That's right, he should have smashed Berisha's goal scoring record for the season but he simply ****ed up too many easy chances.

The supply was fruitful from Carlos. A damning stat for Archie is the fact that he was out scored by a player who spent a major time on our bench last year (god knows wtf the coaches were thinking) and according to you is rather slow and not contributing as highly as he should.

Carlos is the best player on the Victory list. It would be ludicrous to not pay him what he wants. How can the club justify not retaining Hernandez, yet guys like Ferreira, Foschini, Kemp and Broxham are all getting contract extensions?

It's a complete joke. Hopefully Ange sees this and cleans up this mess.

Under contract
Carlos isn't

Remove this Banner Ad

Back