2011 Official Trade/Delisting Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Josh Jenkins in Demand - An Issue?

As much as I love hille. If we could trade him for value, I would take it. With daniher coming next year, we can cover for 12 months with Ryder and bellcho. Jenkins back up, rookie orron Stephenson for a year, in case a ruck breaks down.

S20 is correct.

Read Still's name in the online section.

No point bringing up every factual mistake made by the HUN - It would fill 10 threads or more.

Today's age is not much better listing several players who have recently signed as trade options although they where reasonably accurate with what they said about us.

The era of facebook and twitter journalism has a lot to answer for.

As much as I love hille. If we could trade him for value, I would take it. With daniher coming next year, we can cover for 12 months with Ryder and bellcho. Jenkins back up, rookie orron Stephenson for a year, in case a ruck breaks down.

Agree.

Hille struggled to contest in the latter part of the season. Perhaps his endurance was not well balanced or managed. Bellchambers needs a year under his belt. Hille to take a back seat in 2012 IMHO

3 years for Hardingham? :confused::eek:

Whats the issue there SirJim?

It's called list management. We haven't many in the 23-28 bracket yet and can't rely on kids.

He's established himself in the 22 and even if he does fade and gets pushed out than we need strong bodied backups.

He's a better version of Toovey from Collingwood who's a premiership player and plays a role.

How about this:

Adelaide: Brad Ebert + Henry Slattery
Essendon: Patrick Dangerfield
West Coast: Travis Colyer

Ebert nominated Port as his preference (familly ties with the club etc) so how about something like...

Port: Brad Ebert + Henry Slattery
Essendon: David Rodan
West Coast: Travis Colyer

I just sussed out Rodan's age and he's turning 28 in 3 days. Maybe a tad 'old' considering where we're at but I can't see Port letting go of someone like Boak in that deal. I reckon we need Rodan more than Boak anyway.

I like Colyer but Rodan is money.

Rodan is a spud.

Has 3 or 4 good games a year(mostly in hte wet), 10 ordinary and the rest he's out with another knee injury.

No thanks....next.
He's not a spud. He's not an accumulator but he's the kind of player that can do damage with fewer possessions. Port being disgusting this year and terrible a few years before that has affected his numbers. When Port made a Grand Final he was very good and that followed on for the 2 years after that. His injury history of course is a concern.

I'm not saying go out and get him at all costs but I would probably do that trade if it was presented to me because I think it makes our team better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's called list management. We haven't many in the 23-28 bracket yet and can't rely on kids.

He's established himself in the 22 and even if he does fade and gets pushed out than we need strong bodied backups.

He's a better version of Toovey from Collingwood who's a premiership player and plays a role.

You call that list management? :confused::confused:

He's not a spud. He's not an accumulator but he's the kind of player that can do damage with fewer possessions. Port being disgusting this year and terrible a few years before that has affected his numbers. When Port made a Grand Final he was very good and that followed on for the 2 years after that. His injury history of course is a concern.

I'm not saying go out and get him at all costs but I would probably do that trade if it was presented to me because I think it makes our team better.

Don't want him but 'spud' is a ridiculous claim. He is one of Ports most damaging player and one of their more important players.

Injuries are the only issue.

Agree. He's only had 2 years in the system and before the fade out was going great guns. He was killing the ball as good as any stopper in the comp. He faded, but so what, so did alot of our players. Another year fitter, another year better. He will be a fantastic defender. I still feel he gets judged unfairly for not being Barlow.

Probably been asked, but would it be possible offering GWS pick 19 and Player/s (has to be qulity unfortunatly....maybe Belch. etc.) for O'meara then on trading him to Westcoast for Gaff?

Probably been asked, but would it be possible offering GWS pick 19 and Player/s (has to be qulity unfortunatly....maybe Belch. etc.) for O'meara then on trading him to Westcoast for Gaff?

Why would Wes Coast trade Gaff for O'meara?

Disclaimer: Only if Colyer wants to leave.

Colyer - WC
Ebert - Port
Pearce - Ess

with a few draft picks here or there.

Pearce had a bad year but has proved he can be a quality player and i'd be willing to take a punt.
Don't want any battlers like Surjan.
Pearce would be boom or bust but a good gamble

I'm a Hille fan too, but I can see the sense in this. Hille to Richmond or GWS and, I don't know... on from there with a view to a midfielder.

I'm a Hille fan too, but I can see the sense in this. Hille to Richmond or GWS and, I don't know... on from there with a view to a midfielder.

Yeah i agree i'm a big Hille fan as well. But we have our future Ruck stocks covered so if we could get something for him i say go for it.

Maccaffer is starting to look like a possibility - I would definitely have a crack at him for the right price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back