Oppo Camp 2012 AFL Finals Discussion - Grand Final Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Cracking game tonight; great to see the Pies getting towelled. Some soft umpiring (those frees against Roughhead for using his body in marking contests especially. Hope they aren't paid all finals) but some excellent footy, Sam Mitchell especially.
Breust has been a gun tonight too, I know Hawks fans have been going on about him for a while, but this was the first time I've really watched them closely and he has been super.

Cloke just got interesting. Kicked half a dozen on Shoenmakers.
Clark had 4 on him in a quarter, with our mids delivering (granted it wasn't finals pressure).
Dunno why Cloke is getting big raps, his first 3 goals were more a product of solid teamwork and being opportunistic, rather than taking big marks or using his strength. A good game by him, but not $1m a year good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Morton's game today has probably been the high point of the Morton family's contribution to AFL footy. Huge from him!
Haha, beat me to it. Although Cale did have some great games in '09.

All of a sudden I don't feel as bad about getting smashed by Freo and the Swans..

Can't say the same for Adelaide. :(

All I have to say about this years' finals, is: go Swans!

Can't say the same for Adelaide. :(

All I have to say about this years' finals, is: go Swans!

Adelaide are still a very good side, the difference yesterday was all in the maturity of the playing groups. Sydney kept calm at every stage, kept the game in control and played on their terms, when things weren't looking great Adelaide got reactionary and it cost them, as Cameron Mooney said they played like boys. Adelaide never had to worry about getting reactionary against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back