Mod. Notice 2013 Official DT/SC Thread- Post here only

Remove this Banner Ad

How was Goldstein's pre-season? I remember how he destroyed Sam Jacobs in 2012, he was almost AA in 2011 right?

His preseason has been uneventful as far as I know. He was beaten in the intra club by Dan Currie which isn't a great sign.

Yes he was.

Liam Anthony, injuries? fit? risky? best 22?

Thanks

Injury free, will probably start out in the best 22 but not a lock.

Hey guys, just curious to know if you see Daw and Currie playing in the same team at all? Currie was brilliant in the ruck and Daw's defense of the man taking the mark would be an asset anywhere on the ground. Both were great and I'm considering filling my bench with both of them. If it's one or the other, though, that'd be a silly move.

Hey guys, just curious to know if you see Daw and Currie playing in the same team at all? Currie was brilliant in the ruck and Daw's defense of the man taking the mark would be an asset anywhere on the ground. Both were great and I'm considering filling my bench with both of them. If it's one or the other, though, that'd be a silly move.
They wouldn't be playing a game together barring injury or a major form slump to Goldstein, and or the "Triple Towers".
Some here believe that both are serious chances for rd. 1, but I'd think that would be a major coup on their behalf.

Hi guys,

Bit different I'm a member of a Ultimate Footy keeper league. I had been thinking of hanging onto Jamie Macmillan, but I'm a bit disconcerted by him not being included against Gold Coast particularly given Mullett and Sierakowski, who are capable of playing the same role, have kept their spots. Do you think they've gone past him with Jacobs or Bon's just giving them extra opportunities?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Bit different I'm a member of a Ultimate Footy keeper league. I had been thinking of hanging onto Jamie Macmillan, but I'm a bit disconcerted by him not being included against Gold Coast particularly given Mullett and Sierakowski, who are capable of playing the same role, have kept their spots. Do you think they've gone past him with Jacobs or Bon's just giving them extra opportunities?

Thanks

I think he is just being rested, he'll probably play next week.

Hey guys, seen he's been posted above, but Liam Anthony is v. interesting if you're looking at UF Category. 25 touches a game average but projected way down in the 130s...interesting indeed.

How's Wells traveling this preseason boys?
Was on a modified program around christmas time due to some knee soreness which for Wellsy at his age well think hell be managed from here on in regarding his work load.
He had the clots last year which affected him partially but hes just clicking into gear over the past 2 weeks travelling in 4th or 70%. With plenty of the boys maturing around him hell be very consistent IMO, even playing deep forward to kick a few in Boomers absence so we all expect a solid year from DW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep a close eye on him this weekend.

In the absence of Boomer for the first six, he could be under consideration for a spot in your forward line if you like him.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking, thanks mate.

He's one of those guys who a lot of casual footy followers don't know much about and so might be a steal in my draft league. A few extra handball recieves in the first 6 weeks will be nice too.

Do you expect it to be Daw or Currie to help out either week or will Goldstein play by himself in some games? thinking of both north ruckmen as bench with my 2 starting ruckmen on ground.

Hey guys, just a quick question...
what sort of player is Kieren Harper? Seems to be doing quite well DT wise this pre-season, and I noted he played every game last year averaging only just under 50, and averaged 50.2 from 14 in his first season. Any chance of him bumping up to 75 across the season? Seems to do ok in Tackles and kicks goals, but just hasn't won enough ball. What are his prospects this season?

Hey guys, just a quick question...
what sort of player is Kieren Harper? Seems to be doing quite well DT wise this pre-season, and I noted he played every game last year averaging only just under 50, and averaged 50.2 from 14 in his first season. Any chance of him bumping up to 75 across the season? Seems to do ok in Tackles and kicks goals, but just hasn't won enough ball. What are his prospects this season?
Played across half forward all last year and didn't see a great deal of the ball but is very good when he does get it. Played midfield most of the preseason and if that continues into the season proper will get a fair bit of the pill. Very fit, strong and quick. Very good skills. Just needs to mature as a footballer and midfielder.

In see Liam Anthony missing from last game. Injured or just rested?

How has he been traveling? Much time in the midfield?

Not injured or rested; he played for North Ballarat. In his brief opportunities during the NAB he's mostly been used off a hf flank.

Played across half forward all last year and didn't see a great deal of the ball but is very good when he does get it. Played midfield most of the preseason and if that continues into the season proper will get a fair bit of the pill. Very fit, strong and quick. Very good skills. Just needs to mature as a footballer and midfielder.

Cheers. Looking at his stats, they read like a third tall, but the tackles stood out. His player bio on the website reads as anything but third tall type. I'm not that knowledgeable on North's younger brigade, so thanks for the input.

How likely is Bastinac to get a higher PPG this year in SC? Just thinking that he might stamp his name on the comp like we want Melksham to do this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back