List Mgmt. 2013 Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley wasn't contracted was he? And Jaensch is. And if we'd cut Graham our backup ruckman would be the basketballer who spent all of last year in the SANFL reserves. As uninspiring as Graham is, at least he's played AFL level. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Aiden, but he also plays in our strongest position, and Jaensch does used to actually possess a decent kick, which is something we lack.

EFA

Riley wasn't contracted was he? And Jaensch is. And if we'd cut Graham our backup ruckman would be the basketballer who spent all of last year in the SANFL reserves. As uninspiring as Graham is, at least he's played AFL level. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Aiden, but he also plays in our strongest position, and Jaensch does actually possess a decent kick, which is something we lack.

No point having a decent kick if you can't get your hands on the pill

After reading the article re Bling. Wouldn't be too surprised if after he's had a chance to think it through he took the offered. O'Brien might be another. I can't remember if Tuck had been discussed, but he'll probably go before the rookie draft anyway.

Riley wasn't contracted was he? And Jaensch is. And if we'd cut Graham our backup ruckman would be the basketballer who spent all of last year in the SANFL reserves. As uninspiring as Graham is, at least he's played AFL level. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Aiden, but he also plays in our strongest position, and Jaensch does actually possess a decent kick, which is something we lack.

Jaensch is finished as an afl footballer, he will never make it and you can hold me to it. Apart from his above average kicking skills he offers very little. Riley on the other hand is still very young, a clearance and tackling machine and gives 110% all the time. Would have had a much better chance at making it at afl level.

Would have kept graham for back up purposes but 11/10 i would have paid out jaensch and delisted him rather than ditch Riley.

Jaensch is finished as an afl footballer, he will never make it and you can hold me to it. Apart from his above average kicking skills he offers very little. Riley on the other hand is still very young, a clearance and tackling machine and gives 110% all the time. Would have had a much better chance at making it at afl level.

Would have kept graham for back up purposes but 11/10 i would have paid out jaensch and delisted him rather than ditch Riley.
Don't get me wrong, I agree that Jaensch is all but cooked. I think nearly all of this board would agree with that. Regardless, I can sort of understand why the club did what they did, though I can't really condone it. At least Riley will have more of an opportunity with Melbourne than he did with us, inside midfield is still our strongest position.

Was just watching channel 2 news for the first time in forever and they had Polec finishing way back in port's 3k run and Hinkley having a stern talk to him as soon as he pulled up. Afterward Hinkley said he was laying down the law about whats required at this level. Going to be interesting to see how he responds

Was just watching channel 2 news for the first time in forever and they had Polec finishing way back in port's 3k run and Hinkley having a stern talk to him as soon as he pulled up. Afterward Hinkley said he was laying down the law about whats required at this level. Going to be interesting to see how he responds
I just posted on the non AFC thread that Hinkley gave him a public serve on SEN too

Yep, he's already played the "I wanna go home card" because folk expected him to earn his money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Jaensch is all but cooked. I think nearly all of this board would agree with that. Regardless, I can sort of understand why the club did what they did, though I can't really condone it. At least Riley will have more of an opportunity with Melbourne than he did with us, inside midfield is still our strongest position.

If we had no reserves team next year I would agree, Jaensch would be gone. The one thing the reserves will provide is a better selection guide at where players are at and players cant be hidden and forgotten at their respective SANFL clubs. I truly think due to the reserves set up we can no longer write players off.

Ha, my gf used to work at Maccas - Angwin came along as the Crows rep on McHappy Day.

Apparently he was particularly happy...

Insert your own munchies joke here

Usually it makes no difference.

People are who they are

I agree. It is rare that a kid turns things completely around. I have been working with 16 to 18 year olds for a long time. I can count on one hand the kids who had issues of some kind that caused under performance and with guidance and assistance turned things around. On the other hand I couldn't name all the kids who had potential but could not turn over a new leaf despite the same support and encouragement.

The motivated kids always performed at a high standard, even those with less natural talent/ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back