Opinion 2013 Win/Loss predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

If we win round 1, which I am tipping is on the cards this year, then we will jump out of the gates with a run of wins and basically go into the game against the Pies undefeated, which means the G will be a rockin. ;)

If we are both undefeated going into that game 85k+ IMO

Just by improving a bit on last year, and having better composure in tight games we win 12-14.
The worst I can expect is about 9 if injuries hit us. The best is about 16 wins. So bottom half of the top 8 is my predication.

My Win/Loss Predictions 2013:
1. Carlt @ MCG - W
2. Saints @ MCG -W
3. Doggies @ ES - W
4. Pies @ MCG - L
5. Dockers @ PS - L
6. Cats @ MCG - W
7. Port @ AS - W
8. Melb @ MCG - W
9. Ess @ MCG - L
10. Eagles @ PS - L
11. Bye
12. Adel @ MCG - L
13. Doggies @ ES - W
14. Saints @ MCG - W
15. North @ ES - W
16. Suns @ CAZ - W
17. Dockers @ MCG - W
18. Syd @ SCG - L
19. Haw @ MCG - L
20. Bris @ MCG - W
21. Carlt @ MCG - L
22. GWS @ SK - W
23. Ess @ MCG - W

So, 14 wins - plus 2 finals.

Family Day and the NooB Cup dont cut it for me anymore, bring on Rnd1! :footy:

My Win/Loss Predictions 2013, might be a bit optimistic. We need to back up the win against St. kilda last year with a 3-5 goal win, twice. we need to be belting the dogs, melb, port, gcs and gws. toppling north and beating freo and home are must wins for me. rounds 16-19 will be telling. I am confident our best is now able to beat and match the best of other teams in the top 8. I would like to think we are a chance to beat WCE or freo at PS (more likely WCE). we always seem to go 1-1 with the bombers. We need to end this losing streak against carlton!!! we need to continue to prevent games from blowing out to big losses this will be key, we need to show we can back that up from last year. no more than 6 goals.

1. Carlt @ MCG - L (must be close in the last quarter, dont let them get goals quickly)
2. Saints @ MCG -W (3-5 goals)
3. Doggies @ ES - W (10+)
4. Pies @ MCG - L (close)
5. Dockers @ PS - L (must shut down pav, lyon always gets us)
6. Cats @ MCG - W (will be close)
7. Port @ AS - W (we need to beat them convincingly)
8. Melb @ MCG - W (10+)
9. Ess @ MCG - L (ess early season form trumps ours, 4-6 goal loss)
10. Eagles @ PS - L (need to push them hard)
11. Bye
12. Adel @ MCG - W (we can beat them at home)
13. Doggies @ ES - W (another 10+)
14. Saints @ MCG - W (3-5 again)
15. North @ ES - W (need to get over the line, need to do it convincingly too)
16. Suns @ CAZ - W (absolute must win)
17. Dockers @ MCG - W (can not drop another to them at the mcg)
18. Syd @ SCG - W (proven we can beat them, come close to doing it at the scg before, close one)
19. Haw @ MCG - L ((rance can hold franklin, close loss) but we can beat them)
20. Bris @ MCG - W (will continue to smash them, must be by 10 or more this time).
21. Carlt @ MCG - W (scrape over the line to end the hoodoo)
22. GWS @ SK - W (smack them hard before finals, jack to kick 10)
23. Ess @ MCG - W (we beat them, 5-8 goals)

Was interested in Richmond's draw and came across this. Thought I'd have a crack. ;)

1. Carlt @ MCG = L *
  2. Saints @ mcg = W
  3. Doggies @ es = W
  4. Pies @ mcg = L
  5. Dockers @ ps = L
  6. Cats @ mcg = L
  7. Port @ as = W
  8. Melb @ mcg = W
  9. Ess @ mcg = 50/50 *
  10. Eagles @ ps = L
  11. Bye
  12. Adel @ mcg = L
  13. Doggies @ es = W
  14. Saints @ mcg = W
  15. North @ es = L *
  16. Suns @ caz = W (Finally ;) )
  17. Dockers @ mcg = L
  18. Syd @ scg = L
  19. Haw @ mcg = L
  20. Bris @ mcg = 50/50 *
  21. Carlt @ mcg = L *
  22. GWS @ sk = W
  23. Ess @ mcg = 50/50 *
8 Wins - 11 Losses - (2 50/50s that I was unsure of)

The ones I marked with an asterisk were losses or 50/50s that I deemed potential wins, on a lucky day.

Was interested in Richmond's draw and came across this. Thought I'd have a crack. ;)

1. Carlt @ MCG = L *
  2. Saints @ mcg = W
  3. Doggies @ es = W
  4. Pies @ mcg = L
  5. Dockers @ ps = L
  6. Cats @ mcg = L
  7. Port @ as = W
  8. Melb @ mcg = W
  9. Ess @ mcg = 50/50 *
  10. Eagles @ ps = L
  11. Bye
  12. Adel @ mcg = L
  13. Doggies @ es = W
  14. Saints @ mcg = W
  15. North @ es = L *
  17. Dockers @ mcg = L
  18. Syd @ scg = L
  19. Haw @ mcg = L
  20. Bris @ mcg = 50/50 *
  21. Carlt @ mcg = L *
  22. GWS @ sk = W
  23. Ess @ mcg = 50/50 *

The ones I marked with an asterisk were losses or 50/50s that I deemed potential wins, on a lucky day.

i can live with ess and carl being 50/50 but bris? we havent lossed to them in 5 years or so, i will give us a win for this game.

1. Carlt @ MCG = L *
  2. Saints @ mcg = W
  3. Doggies @ es = W
  4. Pies @ mcg = L
  5. Dockers @ ps = L
  6. Cats @ mcg = L
  7. Port @ as = W
  8. Melb @ mcg = W
  9. Ess @ mcg = 50/50 *
  10. Eagles @ ps = L
  11. Bye
  12. Adel @ mcg = L
  13. Doggies @ es = W
  14. Saints @ mcg = W
  15. North @ es = L *
  17. Dockers @ mcg = L
  18. Syd @ scg = L
  19. Haw @ mcg = L
  20. Bris @ mcg = 50/50 *
  21. Carlt @ mcg = L *
  22. GWS @ sk = W
  23. Ess @ mcg = 50/50 *

wow. yea we will do much better than that. o_O

50/50 with brisbane, how many in a row have we beaten them now? the margins are getting bigger too...
crows at mcg, win.
cats mcg, win (10 point loss at the cattery)
last time we played the swans at the scg the margin was 10 points. we smacked at the g a few times too.
dockers at mcg eugh, no we should beat them there this time. we played soooo poorly. we must atone for that.
always go 1-1 with the bombers.
must beat gcs and the blues eventually.
we must beat your mob for once too.

perhaps itd be good if you elaborated as to the margins. after all we did have a ton of very close losses last year. we will improve and win more games.

* on a lucky day we could beat anyone, so mark all the games with an asterix please.

i can live with ess and carl being 50/50 but bris? we havent lossed to them in 5 years or so, i will give us a win for this game.

forgive him dude, for he knows s**t. He is but a forlorn roo supporter, who's self esteem has been conjured to the level where they think they anyone gives a flying * on anything about that club, outside their own. I mean, lets face it, they went for a trillion years as the team to beat, then they got lucky, had a few get into positions of power, so much so, that they changed the rules just for them to be able to win a flag, after a lifetime in the wilderness. Now they actually think they can have a say on succes...LMAO..FFS give me a break..;)

wow. yea we will do much better than that. o_O

50/50 with brisbane, how many in a row have we beaten them now? the margins are getting bigger too...
crows at mcg, win.
cats mcg, win (10 point loss at the cattery)
last time we played the swans at the scg the margin was 10 points. we smacked at the g a few times too.
dockers at mcg eugh, no we should beat them there this time. we played soooo poorly. we must atone for that.
always go 1-1 with the bombers.
must beat gcs and the blues eventually.
we must beat your mob for once too.

perhaps itd be good if you elaborated as to the margins. after all we did have a ton of very close losses last year. we will improve and win more games.

* on a lucky day we could beat anyone, so mark all the games with an asterix please.

I think Brisbane will be a bit of a dark horse in 2013. Could easily just be a donkey. ;)
Also, I've marked them a w/l on what I expect. I'm not going to mark it because you're 'due for a win'.

Dockers at the MCG is one I'll retract though.
Could go either way then and I skimmed over the homeground being the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Brisbane will be a bit of a dark horse in 2013. Could easily just be a donkey. ;)
Also, I've marked them a w/l on what I expect. I'm not going to mark it because you're 'due for a win'.

Dockers at the MCG is one I'll retract though.
Could go either way then and I skimmed over the homeground being the MCG.

Brisbane is our bitch.

I hope we get at least 12 wins this year, 2 games over WA will hurt us.

Have s**t KPPs though. Budding midfield cant take em into the 8.

As we discovered this year.

Lol at us maybe beating North on a lucky day... North will drop out of the 8 this year. No top end

Brisbane is our bitch.

I hope we get at least 12 wins this year, 2 games over WA will hurt us.

Everyone feels those WA games. Make you feel sick to your stomach before they ever start.
Especially in a final... ;)

As we discovered this year.

Lol at us maybe beating North on a lucky day... North will drop out of the 8 this year. No top end

A couple of things:

- The recent track record shows that we're likely to win. Therefor, I'd say that we're going to beat you. Nothing against Richmond, it's just that recent history shows that we're more likely to win. If you guys are lucky, you might slip a win. Plain and simple.
- And no top end? I'd take an Adams, Petrie or Swallow workhorse before any 'superstar' player, any day. Hell, look at what type of player the 2012 Brownlow Medalist is.

No malice intended. Just don't get too defensive when your side is still in a youthful, development stage.

North are a nothing team as shown in the last ten or more years. They are up and about in or near the finals, then get smashed straight back out in massive blow outs.

This comming year will be no different, as they have one A grader (not A+ or elite) and a bunch of decent B+ graders.

With Richmond, Carlton, Essendon and maybe the Lions goiing for top 8 (add the Saints) i cant see North finishin better than 10-11th

- And no top end? I'd take an Adams, Petrie or Swallow workhorse before any 'superstar' player, any day.

PMSL... If that is your top end then go to sportsbet dot com dot ay you and put a red back on for bottom 4.

Shout me a six pack when you collect;)

No malice intended. Just don't get too defensive when your side is still in a youthful, development stage.

Long gone. Youth/developement etc was in the last three years. We are as primed as i can remember. Im tipping 6th. Bookmark it for this time next year.

Everyone feels those WA games. Make you feel sick to your stomach before they ever start.
Especially in a final... ;)

A couple of things:

- The recent track record shows that we're likely to win. Therefor, I'd say that we're going to beat you. Nothing against Richmond, it's just that recent history shows that we're more likely to win. If you guys are lucky, you might slip a win. Plain and simple.
- And no top end? I'd take an Adams, Petrie or Swallow workhorse before any 'superstar' player, any day. Hell, look at what type of player the 2012 Brownlow Medalist is.

by that logic alone you need to change the brisbane game. our track record says we'll beat them, and beat them easily.

agree that north have some very good workhorse players, something richmond do need more of. (tuck, foley etc).

North are a nothing team as shown in the last ten or more years. They are up and about in or near the finals, then get smashed straight back out in massive blow outs.

This comming year will be no different, as they have one A grader (not A+ or elite) and a bunch of decent B+ graders.

With Richmond, Carlton, Essendon and maybe the Lions goiing for top 8 (add the Saints) i cant see North finishin better than 10-11th

PMSL... If that is your top end then go to sportsbet dot com dot ay you and put a red back on for bottom 4.

Shout me a six pack when you collect;)

Long gone. Youth/developement etc was in the last three years. We are as primed as i can remember. Im tipping 6th. Bookmark it for this time next year.

Just for shits and giggles:

And what are Richmond? You can't just say that Richmond will go past North with that sort of confidence when you have a shocking track record against us and have been a C/D grade side over the last couple of years, with the same side.

Anyway, I'm just going to stop responding to you now. You don't need to get so aggressive when someone inputs their opinion.

by that logic alone you need to change the brisbane game. our track record says we'll beat them, and beat them easily.

agree that north have some very good workhorse players, something richmond do need more of. (tuck, foley etc).

The Brisbane game is one I'm leaning towards Richmond to win. But something about the Brisbane midfield is making me unsure. I think they're an up and coming team of the next couple of years. Whether or not that statement will bear fruit next year is unsure.

No doubt you have the wood on us in recent years, North are pretty much a bogey side for us. Always seem to struggle against you for some reason.

That doesn't mean however that I rate your team. You're have the opposite of Richmond's problem in 2012, your team is all depth. Swallow is an excellent player, would love him at Richmond, but he's not yet one of the competition's elite mids. Swallow is your best, Cotchin is ours. I'm happy with that. Adams is coming along pretty nicely but he's no star. Ziebell, Cunnington and Bastinac will all be good but I question whether they have the class to form an elite midfield brigade.
Petrie is great on his day but lacks consistency and aint getting any younger. Boomer was a champion but is past his best. Wells, meh.

You have the same problem with KPPs, plenty of them there but no real standouts. Hansen and Tarrant are okay, plenty of room for improvement I spose. Goldstein is a very good ruckman.

But where's the top end? The Pendelbury, Swan, Mitchell, Cotchin, Waston, Kennedy, Deledio, Franklin, Natanui, Judd?

I just don't see what it is that will take you to the next level. Your list seems very middle of the road to me and you'll need vast improvement, from players who haven't really shown they're capable of it, in order to further climb the ladder rather than fall further down it.

Sorry I just don't rate the Kangas that highly. I think you'll either just scrape into the 8 again or fall a fair way, depending on injuries.

BTW I'm not saying I think Richmond are way ahead either. I think we're around the same mark, though I'd put us slightly ahead to make the 8. We just have a higher ceiling IMO.

Don't take it personally. :footy:

The Brisbane game is one I'm leaning towards Richmond to win. But something about the Brisbane midfield is making me unsure. I think they're an up and coming team of the next couple of years. Whether or not that statement will bear fruit next year is unsure.

so what about our midfield then, I'd say we comfortably accounted for theirs last year. ours will only get better too. bring back foley, conca with another (partial) preseason, ellis is having a big one apparently so is martin (until this supposed indiscretion). More inside depth with lonergan. Knights has been injury free for a long time now and has been training very well. grigg with his out side ball. then we've got cotchin and lids. oh and tuck!

think that accounts for black, rocklif, redden, moloney and zorko.

respect your opinion however:thumbsu:

imo opinion your list sorta reminds me of sydney... alot of very good players but no out and out elite ones (argument for kennedy at swans, very good year = swallow?).

so what about our midfield then, I'd say we comfortably accounted for theirs last year. ours will only get better too. bring back foley, conca with another (partial) preseason, ellis is having a big one apparently so is martin (until this supposed indiscretion). More inside depth with lonergan. Knights has been injury free for a long time now and has been training very well. grigg with his out side ball. then we've got cotchin and lids. oh and tuck!

think that accounts for black, rocklif, redden, moloney and zorko.

respect your opinion however:thumbsu:

imo opinion your list sorta reminds me of sydney... alot of very good players but no out and out elite ones (argument for kennedy at swans, very good year = swallow?).

Out of Brisbane and Richmond, Brisbane will ave the better midfield.
But in Fwd/Def, Richmond easily surpasses them.

Out of Brisbane and Richmond, Brisbane will ave the better midfield.
But in Fwd/Def, Richmond easily surpasses them.
If they have the better midfield how come they never even come close to us in the midfield whenever we play and beat them and do it without much challenge?

You're so far off on this;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back