News 2014 Geelong guernseys and apparel - new 'premiership guernsey' to be worn in Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

For the valid reasons raised here, I'm still thinking it might be a real nice Father's Day present. Pricey yes, but still, my dad feared he'd never see a flag since arriving in the 70s, and now he's seen 3, having attended the most recent. Granted he too would happily drop some coin if he knows it'd be redundant come end of Sept. :p

I got him one of the members ones last year, but IIRC that max sized out at 5XL, and he's a fairly big bloke, so the idea of getting this as a 7XL is tempting.
Weird, they says up to 7XL, but there is no 6XL listing, and when you find the official ISC sizing chart for guernseys (i.e. go see the home guernsey listing, the official chart is missing a row for 6XL, as if ISC doesn't make such a size....maybe they don't? lol

Decisions, decisions.

We don't even have the years listed on our 'Premiership Stand':

IMG_0062_zps8181d0ee.jpg

This is what I don't understand about his push. Geelong can TODAY recognise its VFA Premierships and put things up about them. I was shocked when they didn't in their latest 'Our Premiership History' Memorabilia. They want the AFL to recognise VFA Premierships (which is awkward) but they won't put anything out about them. It's ridiculous.

This is what I don't understand about his push. Geelong can TODAY recognise its VFA Premierships and put things up about them. I was shocked when they didn't in their latest 'Our Premiership History' Memorabilia. They want the AFL to recognise VFA Premierships (which is awkward) but they won't put anything out about them. It's ridiculous.
Exactly.

I almost feel like writing to the club to explain this. It's just a disgrace. We are one step away from having the superhero round they had in the NRL.
We will probably get it next season.
It all starts with the Superman emblem t-shirts...

The only thing I guess is it all has to be sanctioned as "official merchandise" by the AFL so maybe they won't let them do it?

I almost feel like writing to the club to explain this. It's just a disgrace. We are one step away from having the superhero round they had in the NRL.
Again it's AFL boo. All clubs cop it. :(

My Canberra Raiders got a sweet Hulk jersey out of that though so I'm not complaining.

...except for the fact they got smashed 54-18 when wearing them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the negativity around this guernsey, and I do agree with most of it, yesterday was my Dad's birthday. So part 1 of the present was great Level 2/N seats in the Olympic Stand. Well, sadly the team didn't do their bit, but without going off-topic, it's pretty clear many of us aren't surprised. What plagued us all season defeated us in the end. We're simply not a true top 4 team this season, and were fortunate to finish there.

Part 2 was the surprise gift of one of these jumpers for my Dad (and one for myself), and a photo today with the 2011 cup that he and I got to witness together. The only one we've both been able to go to. So while over-priced, I'm glad I got one for us each, so we could also get that photo.

I'm sure they'll likely eventually drop in price, as people won't be rushing to buy them anytime soon, but hey, we waited for 44 years for one flag, I think many have just assumed after 3 that they're easier to win now....well they're not. They're even harder. Cherish every one of them I say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back