2015 draftees vs 2016 draftees

Remove this Banner Ad

Some reason I think SPS will be a better player than Francis. He will be given every opportunity to play. Francis is a gun but SPS is a freak, was playing WAFL Seniors at 16

Calm down champ, he played 3 games in the WAFL seniors in 2015 when he was 17, but he spent all of this year playing Colts.

1 Weitering vs McGrath
2 Schache vs Taranto
3 Mills vs McCluggage
4 Oliver vs Ainsworth
5 Parish vs Setterfield
6 Francis vs SPS
7 Hopper vs Scrimshaw
8 Cal Ah Chee vs Logue
9 Weideman vs Brodie
10 McKay vs Bowes

11 Milera vs Florent
12 Curnow vs Simpkin
13 Kennedy vs Venables
14 Hipwood vs Perryman
15 Rioli vs Galluci
16 Himmelberg vs Marshall
17 Doedee vs Berry
18 Gresham vs SPP
19 Burton vs Tim English
20 Fiorini vs Cummings
21 Ben McKay vs Hayward
22 Lovell vs Ridley
23 Cuningham vs Witherden

1 Weitering vs McGrath; Weitering
2 Schache vs Taranto; Schache
3 Mills vs McCluggage; McCluggage
4 Oliver vs Ainsworth; Ainsworth
5 Parish vs Setterfield; Setterfield
6 Francis vs SPS; SPS
7 Hopper vs Scrimshaw; Hopper
8 Cal Ah Chee vs Logue; Logue
9 Weideman vs Brodie; Brodie
10 McKay vs Bowes; Bowes

11 Milera vs Florent; Milera
12 Curnow vs Simpkin; Simpkin
13 Kennedy vs Venables; Kennedy
14 Hipwood vs Perryman; Hipwood
15 Rioli vs Gallucci; Gallucci
16 Himmleberg vs Marshall; Marshall
17 Doedee vs Berry; Berry
18 Gresham vs SPP; Gresham
19 Burton vs Tim English; English
20 Fiorini vs Cummings; Fiorini
21 Ben McKay vs Hayward; Hayward
22 Lovell vs Ridley; Lovell
23 Cuningham vs Witherden; Witherden

I cant believe that anyone would take burton over english sorry

i will takes bets

Depends what you feel hasn't greatest potential. Still have Burton ahead, everyone forgets how good he was before injury and he's just starting to get back. Could be anything.

Wasn't Burton a projected top 3 pick before his injury? Looks to be over his injury. Not sure how you could have English ahead of him. So many things need to go right for a ruckman to develop to an A grade level and even if English gets there, it won't be until his early 20s at the earliest.

Burton looks like a sure thing. Similar situation to Lever a few years back.

Burton played 3 vfl games last year spread out over the entire season. 2 at the start of the season coming off a year and a half of injurys and another after returning from mid season surgery. From there he played 4 afl games 1 as a fwd, 1 as a mid, and 2 as a hbf. After performing in all roles he also became our 1st choice hbf for finals. A position we struggled to fill all season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

To miss so much footy as a junior and still be fit enough to perform as an afl player immediately is ultra impressive. im so excited to see how he goes next season now he will have an entire pre seaon preparing him self for the hbf role he locked up last year.

Burton played 3 vfl games last year spread out over the entire season. 2 at the start of the season coming off a year and a half of injurys and another after returning from mid season surgery. From there he played 4 afl games 1 as a fwd, 1 as a mid, and 2 as a hbf. After performing in all roles he also became our 1st choice hbf for finals. A position we struggled to fill all season.

I don't doubt that he's looked good but for him to be the 1st choice hbf in a team with Birchall, Mitchell, Hodge and Burgoyne is a stretch

I don't doubt that he's looked good but for him to be the 1st choice hbf in a team with Birchall, Mitchell, Hodge and Burgoyne is a stretch
Exactly the point. We toiled away trying to find someone to sit back there that wasnt 30+ and perform at said level.
We tryed pretty much everyone by the time burton could get on the park and lock it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he was the 5th choice but looks like he might be competent moving forwards
I was leading the conversation down a certain path. Most of last season we had to rely on gibson and smitchall to move the footy out of the back half.

Gibsons 2nd half of the season he was looking slow.
Mitchell is gone now.

Birchall had a tough year last year without suckling there to take away the pressure. Teams have worked out how to stop him it seems.

Burgoyne is still burgoyne but his body along with hodge gets managed. He isnt given the role of main mover / exit opion with the footy. Like ever.

Duryea, Howe, Smith, Hurtang, Sicily, O'Brian and Burton all had a run at help these blokes out.

Burtons end of season form shows with a preseason he could move past birchall and gibson quite promptly.

Edit: i have him as best choice because of all the wepons and potential he has. But if your a little be cautious of jumping the gun all ither hawks fanswould have him 3rd in line under birtchall and gibson. In regards to best choice over a season.

I could be wrong on every Occassion too
With SPS I think will be more exciting player than Francis
Holy crap this is just plain wrong. Francis is as exciting as it gets. I am almost certain you are basing this off one bloke being a pale white redhead and the other a skinny aboriginal, because you've clearly seen neither play.

Holy crap this is just plain wrong. Francis is as exciting as it gets. I am almost certain you are basing this off one bloke being a pale white redhead and the other a skinny aboriginal, because you've clearly seen neither play.
Na can't agree. SPS will be one of the most exciting players in the league. I rate Francis but SPS is something really special.

Na can't agree. SPS will be one of the most exciting players in the league. I rate Francis but SPS is something really special.
Sorry, I'm not putting SPS down at all. Just amazing how the OP can keep making comments about players he clearly hasn't seen. 90% of what he's said since the draft couldn't be wronger.

Sorry, I'm not putting SPS down at all. Just amazing how the OP can keep making comments about players he clearly hasn't seen. 90% of what he's said since the draft couldn't be wronger.

It could be worse, have you missed his "McKay is going to be the best forward" ever thing he has going on..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back