List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you see Carlilse first hand in the Saints backline you will say pick 5 was bloody worth it imo.
Why dont you people realize that if we trade pick 5 for even a very good backman that we will NOT be winning a flag due to an undermanned midfield. Pick 5 goes to an ELITE midfielder but I guess none of you seem to know what one of those is.

As I've said before guys, don't stress about what we'll potentially pay for Carlisle. We are working through some scenarios with at least one other team. Aish is the one I'm really excited about when you look at a potential 2018 team. Hope Pies stuff up somehow there.
When do reckon Carlisle nominates a club Ghost? Same question for Aish if he does request a trade.

Just read the last two pages. Just let it go mate, some people over there are getting high on some crazy s**t if they think an ooc player is worth pick 5

Imagine what they think he would be worth if under contract and was all Australian his year... Picks 1 and 2?!

I have revised down my max valuation of Carlisle. Our 2nd and Saunders. Ross is worth too much.
Absolutely he is. How about the shutdown job on Selwood in the draw? Kid is just starting to break out....the LAST thing we'd want to see is him be in Red & Black and explode next year. Would be disappointed if we go this route.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do get that, ultimately it comes down to risk and reward. My points on that would be:

-What was the last premiership side that had 22 perfect upstanding citizens taking the park? Every team has flogs. It is highly unlikely 1 loose character will destroy the fabric of our club. The fact we have recruited quality young guys means we are less susceptible to a rogue screwing the fabric of the club up. Our guys won't be easily influenced. Billings, Goddard, McCartin, Dunstan, Sinclair are not going to become pill heads the moment Bennell steps into the club.
-Currently, I have seen or heard nothing that makes me think "Wow, this guy is really messed up". If getting caught doing cocaine made you untradeable then there would be less than 50 players left in the AFL. A lot of innuendo so far, nothing that can't be managed.
-I am not anywhere near as bullish as some on this forum. I love my Saints, but I personally think we have a serious dearth of top end talent. We bat deep, but we have very few potential elite players. It's why we subconsciously overrate blokes like Acres and Ross because we need them to become something they are unlikely to ever be. IMO Billings is the only potential "elite" player we have on our list. We need more, Bennell is crazy talented. Could be absolutely anything, and he may only cost a 2nd rounder.
I like your points but most clubs that have some flogs playing for them, well they're their own flogs, not usually flogs traded in from other clubs, so they've in a sense grown up with the flog & know his behaviours. Trading in a flog, well no one really knows what to expect because they don't know his typical behaviours.

I'd love Bennell but I'm wary too

Nice to have pick 5, I was told today we rate our top 5 a long way ahead of the next group of people, and Schache isn't in our top 5(Which if you read my comments on him weeks ago isn't that surprising).
Edit: This year has pretty well played out how we predicted it would be, full of elite mids so the Paddy decision was the correct one.
Imagine if we didn't take him and we're now picking pick 5? Doh!

Is that the top 5 available or top 5 kids inc. Hopper, mills etc.

Once you see Carlilse first hand in the Saints backline you will say pick 5 was bloody worth it imo.

So, how do you account for the fact this superstar couldn't poll in the top 10 in your B & F, given your putrid season? I believe he played most games so you can't blame injury.

Just had a quick look and Shaun McKernan & Melksham finished ahead of him:eek:

Seriously how does that happen? You don't just flick a switch and pronto you are back to a rare 10 game stretch of form you had 2 years ago.

We made the same mistake with Kosi, everybody expected he could repeat a hot streak experienced in 05 when Roo was out. Guess what, it never came. Nothing to say we couldn't see the exact same outcome from Carlisle, it has been 2.5 years now.

FWIW, I really rate Hooker and Hurley as much better players than Carlisle. Personally I think we should be targeting Hurley next year in a big way, unless we get Carlisle on the cheap.

I believe he played most games so you can't blame injury.

2015 = lowest amount of games he's played since becoming best 22. Due to injury.

mckernan played 9 and still got in the top ten... is he worth pick 5?

You make sense in a way that you probably should discuss trade value based on a B&F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back