Preview 2016 AFL Finals - Sydney v G.Western Sydney, Stadium Aus, Sat, Sept 10, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I follow the Neathandal league really closely and care what he says. Is he still coaching the Western Suburbs Magpies?

Yes AFAIK he still believes he is coaching the fibros, whats more my mother grew up in Silvertail territory and they had a dirt floor - mind you we are talking about Manly in the 1930's, a bit different to today, but Manly in the 1970's was not full of silvertails.

Yes AFAIK he still believes he is coaching the fibros, whats more my mother grew up in Silvertail territory and they had a dirt floor - mind you we are talking about Manly in the 1930's, a bit different to today, but Manly in the 1970's was not full of silvertails.
I used to think so until I went to visit a friend at Dee Why once. Even stood on the mound at Lidcombe oval once. Figured I couldn't spend a lifetime in contempt of their game without going to one.

Really like GWS chances here, were pretty competitive earlier in the year and smashed the swans at spotless. Neutral venue defintely helps GWS chances. I think the bottom 6 players for GWS are better than Sydneys but Sydneys top 6 are superior to GWS. Will be a close game but ill defintely be taking the $3 plus odds on the boys from the west of the town.

Really like GWS chances here, were pretty competitive earlier in the year and smashed the swans at spotless. Neutral venue defintely helps GWS chances. I think the bottom 6 players for GWS are better than Sydneys but Sydneys top 6 are superior to GWS. Will be a close game but ill defintely be taking the $3 plus odds on the boys from the west of the town.
Pretty fair summary really.

Hard to know what to make of playing on the smaller ground as both teams like to spread the ball. The tighter confines restrict lateral ball movement and will force more one on one footy through the middle. Should be a cracking contest - hopefully the rain stays away!

Pretty fair summary really.

Hard to know what to make of playing on the smaller ground as both teams like to spread the ball. The tighter confines restrict lateral ball movement and will force more one on one footy through the middle. Should be a cracking contest - hopefully the rain stays away!
Dont really see that as a negative. Skill and timing is how you run and carry through traffic. Your guys outside defence did us at the SCG. Also we went in short and hen had ro put Lobb in the ruck to try and match Tippett. That upset our balance and Corr's injury meant he had to stand as a post in the forward line.
At Spotless our runners got on top helped a lot by Tippetts injury gifting us a chance to use Mummy where he is best suited and our team balance worked.
I wish Tippet hadn't been injured fomr him of course, but also becuase it would have great to beat you at full strength.
Now we get a chance? We are close enough to full strength to have no excuses anyway.

Dont really see that as a negative. Skill and timing is how you run and carry through traffic. Your guys outside defence did us at the SCG. Also we went in short and hen had ro put Lobb in the ruck to try and match Tippett. That upset our balance and Corr's injury meant he had to stand as a post in the forward line.
At Spotless our runners got on top helped a lot by Tippetts injury gifting us a chance to use Mummy where he is best suited and our team balance worked.
I wish Tippet hadn't been injured fomr him of course, but also becuase it would have great to beat you at full strength.
Now we get a chance? We are close enough to full strength to have no excuses anyway.
Not necessarily a negative but a smaller ground obviously leads to more congestion and increased ability to flood defensive zones quickly. I think both sides prefer playing an attacking brand of footy so I doubt flooding will be too much of an issue.

Swans are reasonably close to full strength too, assuming Mills returns and Naismith is OK to play. A few guys like Jones, Sinclair and Reid missing, but can't use those as an excuse.

If we are going to lose to anybody the Giants are the team I would prefer to beat us and they are in with a big shot.It will be interesting who the break suits more .

GWS have looked tired the past few weeks and the week off might just give them a chance to reset.Hopefully it is a cracker and would love a rematch in a GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16 players from the Swans 22 that played against Richmond last Saturday had finals experience. GWS's whole list has 6 players.

Might not make a difference but it's interesting none the less.

If we get off to a good start against GWS like we did at the SCG earlier in the year then I'll think we'll get over the line.

18 points the margin.

Hoping for a GWS win - only because our potential pathway to a GF is via the winner of this match.

Reckon we have more chance of getting the Giants at Spotless than Sydney at the SCG.

However - Sydney are the best team this year, in the best form with all their important players fit and firing.

Their only weakness seems to have been filled by a highly enjoyable to watch Allir Allir

16 players from the Swans 22 that played against Richmond last Saturday had finals experience. GWS's whole list has 6 players.

Might not make a difference but it's interesting none the less.

If we get off to a good start against GWS like we did at the SCG earlier in the year then I'll think we'll get over the line.

18 points the margin.
I think it means our guys are'nt scarred by recent unsuccessful finals campaigns.

What's ANZ's events schedule for the next 2 weeks look like?
That could have a massive impact on the quality of the surface.
A couple of rugby matches, 3x U2 concerts, shetland pony racing, trials for tough mudder and some monster trucks going through their paces.
However, they are giving the ground a chance to recuperate on the friday before the game so it should come up a treat as always.

Actually we have 56. I think up from around 30k when Buddy joined. At this rate, after nine years, it will be... a lot.

I'm taking confidence out of GWS's mildly erratic form line - a sign it's still a young team.

Plus it's not at Spotless. It will be Stadium of Death for the next few years.

How much of that increase do you attribute to Buddy, realistically?

Will be supporting the Giants but I can see the Swans getting up. Loser can still make the grand final fairly easily due to the extra week off after home and away season.

Could be deducting people who are members of both clubs.

There are more than 12,000 of those 56,000 Sydney members who are Victorian members.

The AFL would be factoring that into it as well, GWS also have a sizeable number of Canberra members as well.

Last edited:
There are more than 12,000 of those 56,000 Sydney members who are Victorian members.

The AFL would be factoring that into it as well, GWA also have a sizeable number of Canberra members as well.
Who are these GWA clowns taking members from us in Canberra?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back