Preview 2016 AFL Finals - West Coast v Western Bulldogs, Subiaco, Thu, Sept 8, 6.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The more you think about the Thursday night, the worse it sounds

Both Sydney teams played yesterday and don't have much travel to get to ANZ. However the dogs were last one to play this round, need to travel to WA to play west coast who have an extra 1-2 day break? Then on a Thursday night where dog fans can't attend.

Can't get any of the VFL players to step up and play either as it would be a 4 day break

What a joke the AFL is

Hated the idea of a Thursday night final from the start. Hate the fact that we now have it. 6:10 start on a working day is stupid.

Cant enjoy any buildup to the game beforehand. Its going to be rush out the door from work straight to the ground.

Cant enjoy anything post match as will need to be up early getting kids ready for school and myself for work.

**** you AFL.
At least you get to go to the game. Not even a option for most Bulldogs supporters now

The more you think about the Thursday night, the worse it sounds

Both Sydney teams played yesterday and don't have much travel to get to ANZ. However the dogs were last one to play this round, need to travel to WA to play west coast who have an extra 1-2 day break? Then on a Thursday night where dog fans can't attend.

Can't get any of the VFL players to step up and play either as it would be a 4 day break

What a joke the AFL is
Since when has the AFL been about fairness? Salary cap concessions to help teams win more in markets they want to penetrate.....umpiring farces that never are fixed.....same teams playing blockbuster matches even when they suck....no brownlow taken off proven drug cheat...the list goes on and on

Since when has the AFL been about fairness? Salary cap concessions to help teams win more in markets they want to penetrate.....umpiring farces that never are fixed.....same teams playing blockbuster matches even when they suck....no brownlow taken off proven drug cheat...the list goes on and on
It's bad for the dog supporters, but pretty hard for West Coast supporters. everybody trying to finish work + public transport + traffic will be ******* horrible to match a stupid time slot

So much for supporters trying to get in the September fever when all they have to worry about is work + commuting

I know it's too late to change, but you could only hope the AFL change it around

It's bad for the dog supporters, but pretty hard for West Coast supporters. everybody trying to finish work + public transport + traffic will be ******* horrible to match a stupid time slot

So much for supporters trying to get in the September fever when all they have to worry about is work + commuting

I know it's too late to change, but you could only hope the AFL change it around
Afl only cares about TV. Thursday night will get a lot more viewers than Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

They say they care about the fans but they don't.

Afl only cares about TV. Thursday night will get a lot more viewers than Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

They say they care about the fans but they don't.
Kaiser is right. Of course it's about money. It's the same reason the GF will be played at the G for the entirety of our lifetimes. It's pathetic when Vics come into this thread and whinge about how hard done by they've been in the AFL's pursuit of $$ yet in another thread they'll happily stand on a podium justifying to non-vic team fans the importance of a 100,000 set stadium. If we should just accept it then you should too

The Bulldogs are severely ripped here because their turnaround time is the smallest of every finals team. They only played today and will arrive back in Melbourne late tonight/early tomorrow morning ....... they will then need to head back West on the Tuesday I'm preparation for the game ........ plus West Coast get an extra two days turnaround.

Why couldn't the two Sydney teams play on the Thursday because they both played on Saturday?

Lol. Anybody would think you guys travel every fortnight and have to endure 6 day breaks through the season on the back of travelling like west coast have to do.
Oh the horror of an eleven day break and a plane trip.

You guys have to win by 23 points or more to collect. No offence, but you should win by 15 goals.
So if i bet one buck on a line of 23 how much do i win? Does the line bring it back to even money?

I dont quite get this concept. Isnt it easieer to give odds of winning with the dogs at higher odds and eagles at lower?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if i bet one buck on a line of 23 how much do i win? Does the line bring it back to even money?

I dont quite get this concept. Isnt it easieer to give odds of winning with the dogs at higher odds and eagles at lower?
Betting agencies set the line at a price where they think everyone will bet about the same amount of money. They will return somewhere about $1.90. So for every $2 bet, the agency would expect to give back $1.90 in winnings.

Not trying to sound cocky like the other supporter (just realistic), I imagine in this case most people will see the value with the Eagles at the line of 22 given the recent form of both teams and the Dogs injury run. The Dogs last 5 trips to Subiaco has seen 4 10-goal losses (all to the Eagles - 77, 65, 70 and 123 points) and a 38 point loss to Fremantle. It's not been a happy hunting ground lately for them.

I'll be kicking back 12.10pm on holiday in Prague so i personally won't give a **** about the time slot!

What does that line stuff mean?
Think of the line as a handicap. Betting on WC at a line of -22.5 means you should imagine the starting scores as follows:

WC: -22.5
WB: 0

If WC score 70 and the Bulldogs score 60, the final (line) score will look like:

WC: 47.5
WB: 60

So even though WC scored more, you've lost your bet.

The half points are used so that the result can't be a draw (although some betting types like Asian Handicaps allow for draws)

Thursday night final ffs what a joke who's consulting the AFL on this s**t absolute rubbish. In fact a lot of the AFL's decisions this year have been poor, clearly they have no regard for the fans, they just assume we will just suck it up and turn up, have they not considered the doggies fans that would have loved to go over to the west and watch their team play in a final but now can't due to work, school commitments?
Why to much consulting going on at the AFL, I wonder how much $$ someone pocketed for coming up with the bright idea of a Thursday night final.

But the price of pies at the MCG dropped 50 cents and kids can kick the footy on the ground after Sunday games (except every single week when it's cancelled due to weather).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back