2016 mature age draft prospects.

Remove this Banner Ad

We may see a few mature aged KPP's taken this year; one can hope my mob pick one up.

Brett Eddy kicked 7 on the weekend (54 in 15 for the year)
Mason Shaw kicked 3 on the weekend (34 in 16 for the year)
Darcy Cameron kicked 3 on the weekend (29 in 15 for the year)

mason shaw is the one clubs will be keen on,or should be,has he played mainly full forward? stunned port kept butcher over him

Have seen enough of Eddy in the last few years to think he has the tools to make it. Really hope someone takes a punt on him

shaw has 34 goals in 16 games, which isn't awesome. The only thing he has on some one like eddy i guess is age and he still has plenty of development left. funny how the eagles nearly drafted cameron or shaw. We should have got cameron cause he would have been the perfect back up to lycett in the last couple of weeks.

Surely Brisbane/Bulldogs/Fremantle could do worse then rookie him.
I've never understood why no one has given Eddy a go.
he's undersized for a key position player at the upper level and probably not agile enough for a "medium" forward. He does have great hands and ability to read the play; wondering whether there's a belief among clubs that SANFL has dropped in standard and that it no longer provides a high enough level to properly judge players. This could also explain why Adelaide isn't picking those players in their SANFL side who are in the best consistently. Certainly most team's game plans are several years behind the AFL.
Personally I think he's worth a shot in sides that need a medium forward given that a transition to Fulltime professional will make him a better player.

he's undersized for a key position player at the upper level and probably not agile enough for a "medium" forward. He does have great hands and ability to read the play; wondering whether there's a belief among clubs that SANFL has dropped in standard and that it no longer provides a high enough level to properly judge players. This could also explain why Adelaide isn't picking those players in their SANFL side who are in the best consistently. Certainly most team's game plans are several years behind the AFL.
Personally I think he's worth a shot in sides that need a medium forward given that a transition to Fulltime professional will make him a better player.
But going on that standard no one would be picking up players from any comp. yes the standard of SANFL has dropped but it's still on par if not better than the VFL and WAFL and light years ahead of the NEAFL.

Can any SANFL watchers shed some light on Luke Reynolds?

Rookie listed by Carlton a few years back but only lasted the one year. Looks to be having a reasonable year in the SANFL - has kicked 35 goals in 14 games.

I wonder if he's had a good enough year to be given another opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can any SANFL watchers shed some light on Luke Reynolds?

Rookie listed by Carlton a few years back but only lasted the one year. Looks to be having a reasonable year in the SANFL - has kicked 35 goals in 14 games.

I wonder if he's had a good enough year to be given another opportunity.
locked in for Ports rookie list next year.

no one else would take him! :p:D;)

Another bag of 7 for Brett Eddy on the weekend. 63 goals from 17 games.
20 goal lead in the race for the Ken Farmer Medal. Has dished off a few more goals this year than in previous seasons. Work rate is up a fair bit too.

Another bag of 7 for Brett Eddy on the weekend. 63 goals from 17 games.
20 goal lead in the race for the Ken Farmer Medal. Has dished off a few more goals this year than in previous seasons. Work rate is up a fair bit too.
With him missing out on the state combine doubt we'll see him.

Matty Dea has had a fantastic season for Essendon and is back in the draft pool.

I have no doubt we are saving a spot for him with a later draft pick and that even perhaps other teams will let him slide to us at a later spot.

However saying that, if Hibberd decides to stay with us do Melbourne take a swing at him with a third rounder? They have enough kids, he would bring in a solid Vet presence in their backline?

Matty Dea has had a fantastic season for Essendon and is back in the draft pool.

I have no doubt we are saving a spot for him with a later draft pick and that even perhaps other teams will let him slide to us at a later spot.

However saying that, if Hibberd decides to stay with us do Melbourne take a swing at him with a third rounder? They have enough kids, he would bring in a solid Vet presence in their backline?
Wouldn't be surprised if Brisbane, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Melbourne or St. Kilda had a look at him

We may see a few mature aged KPP's taken this year; one can hope my mob pick one up.

Brett Eddy kicked 7 on the weekend (54 in 15 for the year)
Mason Shaw kicked 3 on the weekend (34 in 16 for the year)
Darcy Cameron kicked 3 on the weekend (29 in 15 for the year)
Howe from the VFL Pies is another that has had a huge year. Massive buzz around him on the Magpies forum.

Funny you bumped this thread, the VFL team of the year was named tonight

VFL team of the year named and a few handy players amongst it, including our very own Aaron Heppell (back pocket)

backs; Aaron Heppell (Essendon) - Jack Hutchings (Casey) - Luke Ryan (Coburg)

half backs; Jake Kelly (Collingwood) - Tom Stewart (Geelong) - Jordan Russell (Footscray)

centres; Ryan Fox (Coburg) - Michael Gibbons (Williamstown) - Nick Rippon (North Ballarat)

rucks; Nick Meese (Williamstown) - Willie Wheeler (Williamstown) - Tom O'Sullivan (Port Melbourne)

half forwards; Matt Hanson (Weribee) - Tim Smith (Casey) - Ben Cavarra (Frankston)

forwards; Tom Atkins (Geelong) - Ahmed Saad (Coburg) - Sam Dunnell (Williamstown)

interchange; Sam Darley (Richmond) - Khan Haretuku (Port Melbourne) Ben Jolley (Williamstown) - Declan Keilty (Casey) - Damian Mascitti (Port Melbourne) - Tim Wilson (Northern Blues)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back