2016 NFL Division 2

Who will win the NFL Div 2 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This year reminds me of 2014, North took all before them all the while star slowly built culminating in stars going atleast equal favourites to the GF. Hurstbridge aren't as good as that north side was but are still very very good. North and stars are finals hardened. Id want to see what kind of form stars are in towards the end of the season but right now it's a north v Hursty gf with IMO north slight favourites due to finals exp and big ground of Preston.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Would have thought North are close considering it was only nine points at Hurstbridge's home ground?
They took their foot off the pedal after half time, destroyed North when it counted. Don't worry about the big grounds, watch us against Diamo this week. Shaw, Tilley, Kruezer, Farrelly all experienced finals players.

They took their foot off the pedal after half time, destroyed North when it counted. Don't worry about the big grounds, watch us against Diamo this week. Shaw, Tilley, Kruezer, Farrelly all experienced finals players.

No doubt Hurstbridge deserve the favourite's tag, have taken all before them to this point of the season.
Plenty of football to be played before finals though and anything can happen with injuries, suspensions, form etc. Thinking it will be a Hursty v North granny, but will see how both teams are holding up towards the end of the season until I give a prediction.

hurstbridge were pretty good up until the 20 min mark of the 2nd qtr and North were terrible game should have been over if hurstbridge kicked straight
North were pretty good in the 2nd half and bridges were terrible
I heard all the comments from the north faithful ' lucky we kicked poorly blah blah blah' well they weren't Robinson Crusoe 29 scoring shots to 28 and norths poor kicking in the first half was due to more on ball pressure as opposed to hurstbridges missed shots from set shots
Not to take anything away from North they were terrific in the 2nd half and probably not a bad outcome for hurstbridge as it might just calm the faithful down
Just need to remember the club have been working very hard for a long time to get close to this position with the work put into developing jnrs and u 19s
The club don't pay lots of money but do have a few people that put there hearts and souls into a terrific community club
One of the few clubs in the competition that has involvement and support of many other community organisations
whatever the outcome we the members supporters and hurstbridge community are very proud of our club
Look forward to what the rest of the season brings
Go bridges

Last edited:
Did they take the foot off the pedal ??? I don't think north could play any worse than they did goal less at H/T should be a ripper next time at the kennel

Did they take the foot off the pedal ??? I don't think north could play any worse than they did goal less at H/T should be a ripper next time at the kennel[/QUOTE

Yeah probably did but as I said a pretty good thing blows away the complacency
The next one at the kennel will be a cracker

hurstbridge were pretty good up until the 20 min mark of the 2nd qtr and North were terrible game should have been over if hurstbridge kicked straight
North were pretty good in the 2nd half and bridges were terrible
I heard all the comments from the north faithful ' lucky we kicked poorly blah blah blah' well they weren't Robinson Crusoe 29 scoring shots to 28 and norths poor kicking in the first half was due to more on ball pressure as opposed to hurstbridges missed shots from set shots
Not to take anything away from North they were terrific in the 2nd half and probably not a bad outcome for hurstbridge as it might just calm the faithful down
Just need to remember the club have been working very hard for a long time to get close to this position with the work put into developing jnrs and u 19s
The club don't pay lots of money but do have a few people that put there hearts and souls into a terrific community club
One of the few clubs in the competition that has involvement and support of many other community organisations
whatever the outcome we the members supporters and hurstbridge community are very proud of our club
Look forward to what the rest of the season brings
Go bridges

While Hurstbridge at this stage look the team to beat they have had a very soft draw so far having played the 3 other teams in the 4 all at home. In those 3 games Creek led them by 4 goals at 3/4 time but Hurstbridge overrun them in the last. (Maybe creek took foot off pedal), they had to get Fev to beat the stars and Nth almost beat them without kicking a goal in 1st half. if they can knock off nth at the kennel, stars at sir Douglas nicholls and creek twice at Coventry they will go into the finals a deserving favourite.

Hurstbridge still obviously the team to beat. My question would be around what happens if they do win the flag? They are a very good team but the four players you just mentioned wouldn't want to play Div.1 i imagine. Probably another couple to add to that list also.

They have been building now for a few years which is great, but to go up and lose your most experienced players wouldn't be ideal.

Hurstbridge still obviously the team to beat. My question would be around what happens if they do win the flag? They are a very good team but the four players you just mentioned wouldn't want to play Div.1 i imagine. Probably another couple to add to that list also.

They have been building now for a few years which is great, but to go up and lose your most experienced players wouldn't be ideal.
I agree, we would need to find another 12 quality players to be competitive in Div 1.
Our current under 19's probably have 3 players capable of playing regular senior football. After that our juniors are running thin for a few years. Lost a couple of good young players this year to other clubs.
But I am sure the current committee have a plan in place for not just this year but the next 5 years.

Last edited:
I agree, we would need to find another 12 quality players to be competitive in Div 1.
Our current under 19's probably have 3 players capable of playing regular senior football. After that our juniors are running thin for a few years. Lost a couple of good young players this year to other clubs.
But I am sure the current committee have a plan in place for not just this year but the next 5 years.

6 blokes under 21, 3 of which are still eligible 19's. that would get games at a lot of first division clubs play every week for us. We wouldn't need half a new side. There's a lot of upside to the youth we already have going through. Already 11 under 22 have played Snr footy this season. To go with losing furlong who is still best mates with all the guys from the club. If we go up we wouldn't have to find half a side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 blokes under 21, 3 of which are still eligible 19's. that would get games at a lot of first division clubs play every week for us. We wouldn't need half a new side. There's a lot of upside to the youth we already have going through. Already 11 under 22 have played Snr footy this season. To go with losing furlong who is still best mates with all the guys from the club. If we go up we wouldn't have to find half a side

6 blokes under 21, plus at least 3 who were playing reserves in div 1 two years ago and are on the wrong side of 30.
If you want to compete in div 1 your 6 blokes under 21 would want to have at least 2 years exposure to div 1 footy to really make an impact. i really see hursty struggling if they do indeed come up.

6 blokes under 21, plus at least 3 who were playing reserves in div 1 two years ago and are on the wrong side of 30.
If you want to compete in div 1 your 6 blokes under 21 would want to have at least 2 years exposure to div 1 footy to really make an impact. i really see hursty struggling if they do indeed come up.
As opposed to any other club that goes up?? They are 9-0 , what would Nth Heid offer that Hursty couldn't ?? If it comes down to dollars , I think you'll find Hursty have more then enough in the piggy bank.

That's well and good but I think you under estimate the jump from second division to first. You only have to look at a bloke like Ferarro, kicked 62 goals last year in div 2 and has only kicked 6 goals in 6 games this year.

Never said nth were any different. They were the same and went straight back down which is my point exactly.
It's always hard to attract players when coming up, plus the fear of playing div 1 factor which players often get and would rather play at a diff club in div 2.
Don't get me wrong I would like hursty to come up.

What the hell is happening at Sydney Cres? Money crisis, player punch ups and all this after being 3 points from div 1. Thank christ the weagles got up that day. Looking frightening the next few years to say the least. To be thrashed by the bears who themselves are on struggle street is a lowlight.

What the hell is happening at Sydney Cres? Money crisis, player punch ups and all this after being 3 points from div 1. Thank christ the weagles got up that day. Looking frightening the next few years to say the least. To be thrashed by the bears who themselves are on struggle street is a
Mate at game had a few guys tell him there were heaps out from both sides but more notably from lalor. Injuries and poor recruiting to blame from both. Lalor thomom and hillers simply making up the numbers. Lalor crowd very low also. They have dropped off too it seems. I enjoyed the comeback north had against hursty who are taking all b4 them.

Hearing shaw will be back at Bundoora next year coming from the Bundoora camp . Todd Hughes is another name words floating around hurstbridge are keen to secure his services next year .

Still believe north are too good . Big and strong and playing a great brand of footy

Just about every club who goes up to divvy 1 struggle to stay up, look at North Heidelberg and Whittlesea of recent times. Im sure Hurstbridge realise this, especially after being promoted after 2003 premiership when almost every senior player retired. Im sure if they win the flag (and that's a big if, very even comp this year) they have plans to recruit. Agree the likes of Shaw, Kruezer, Farrelly, Tilley would probably pull the pin on going backup to divvy 1. So would need to replace them with senior div 1 calibre players. Almost got back Fennell this year and think he is a certainty to go back next year.

Well hurstbridge would want a chauffeur service for hughes as he is linked heavily to bundoora which is walking distance too home.
Harley ryan and spencer to morang is what is also lurking around.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Great night had by all down at the bear cave thanks to fitzroy stars for our joint venture between the two clubs in our launch for the magnificent new jumpers for naidoc week next week for our clash between two great clubs special mention to the nfl bosses who were invited down to help with the promotion but couldnt give a toss but am sure will be willing to jump on the coat tails of both clubs and promote the naidoc week next weekend very disappointing but thsts what we expect from ou

Great night had by all down at the bear cave thanks to fitzroy stars for our joint venture between the two clubs in our launch for the magnificent new jumpers for naidoc week next week for our clash between two great clubs special mention to the nfl bosses who were invited down to help with the promotion but couldnt give a toss but am sure will be willing to jump on the coat tails of both clubs and promote the naidoc week next weekend very disappointing but thsts what we expect from ou
I reckon the nfl clubs should form a nfl players association like the afl has. That is the only way you will keep these nfl dickheads honest and on there toes.

Back