2016 NFL Division 2

Who will win the NFL Div 2 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will play Nth in the Grand Final? Can Hurstbridge bounce back and have another crack or will Diamond Creek use the momentum of the after the siren goal to make their way to Cramer St.
I think another close one is on the cards but Hurstbridge were very good on Saturday and think they will get the job done and earn another shot at Nth.
It won't matter who play's north they won't be going home with the silver ware

Have also heard this. He is also trying to pry mature age player Malcolm Brown to Thomo too. Hopefully the trio doesn't go
Think thomo might be fairly active this off season. This years recruits were way off the mark. Good on paper only. If Super does take the job, he'll need to choose potential players wisely

Also Brad Perry, Diamond Creek number 9 is surely going to sit out the rest of the season for this hit.

Was never in the contest. Ball was long gone by the time he chose to lay the bump.

Clinton Benjamin, arguably the Fitzroy Stars best player, likely Best & Fairest out of the game in the first quarter with a broken eye socket.

In the AFL the severity of the injury alone would get the player a 4 week suspension.

View attachment 282796

Going by the NFL tribunal results it looks like this matter wasn't even looked at.

Wowee. How do we protect our players from each other when the league won't protect them.

An incident where the player:
1. elected to lay the bump (even after the ball had cleared the area).
2. made head high contact (whether incidental or otherwise).
3. impact was severe (used significant force)
4. severely injured the player that was targeted.

Going by the AFL MRP classification the following boxes would be ticked:
Conduct: Intentional.
Impact: Severe or High.
There is no base sanction for this level of offence. However if the incident was judged as intentional, medium, high, the base sanction would be 3 weeks suspension. So judging by the higher level of impact, I would expect an incident of this nature to receive more than 3 weeks suspension if occurred in the AFL.

I'm blown away that this incident was not even considered worth reviewing. Very poor and disappointing.

Going by the NFL tribunal results it looks like this matter wasn't even looked at.

I think if an Umpire does not make comment on their match report ie 'check incident approx 15 min mark 2nd quarter near XXXXX forward 50, player carried off, no Umpire sighted incident' or a Club puts in a official request for MRP or a NFL official sees something and they are their in an official capacity and place a report then I believe they will not look at it.

As its not the AFL this, whilst not perfect, typically this should get missed incidences, in saying that I saw things on the weekend I am amazed did not get looked at.

I think if an Umpire does not make comment on their match report ie 'check incident approx 15 min mark 2nd quarter near XXXXX forward 50, player carried off, no Umpire sighted incident' or a Club puts in a official request for MRP

As its not the AFL this, whilst not perfect, typically this should get missed incidences, in saying that I saw things on the weekend I am amazed did not get looked at.

Whilst I can't confirm if it was on a match day report from the umpire or the club. I am under the belief there was a formal submission put to the NFL that the incident at the very least be considered by the Match Review Panel. This is not unreasonable.

I understand that incidents can go unnoticed, but this isn't an acceptable excuse when the footage of the hit is available and can be slowed down for more clarity.

Whilst I can't confirm if it was on a match day report from the umpire or the club. I am under the belief there was a formal submission put to the NFL that the incident at the very least be considered by the Match Review Panel. This is not unreasonable.

I understand that incidents can go unnoticed, but this isn't an acceptable excuse when the footage of the hit is available and can be slowed down for more clarity.

If there was a formal submission then maybe they did not see what you have seen and only saw a footy accident.

If there was a formal submission then maybe they did not see what you have seen and only saw a footy accident.

Accident or not, the duty of care is on the player that has elected to lay the bump. Even so, this incident WAS NOT an accident. He chose to make the contact. Perhaps he didn't intend to make head high contact, but that is irrelevant. The duty of care is on the offending player and he has severely injured his opponent.

We should all be aware by now that head high contact is dangerous and automatically puts the offending player at risk of suspension, even when the impact is low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Accident or not, the duty of care is on the player that has elected to lay the bump. Even so, this incident WAS NOT an accident. He chose to make the contact. Perhaps he didn't intend to make head high contact, but that is irrelevant. The duty of care is on the offending player and he has severely injured his opponent.

We should all be aware by now that head high contact is dangerous and automatically puts the offending player at risk of suspension, even when the impact is low.
Is it the 15 min mark of second quarter denny crane said

Is it the 15 min mark of second quarter denny crane said

First half 26:15. As the camera pans away you do have to pause to see the frame more clearly (as in post #531) or if you have the tech knowledge, download the footage and slow it down. When the camera pans back, you can see the player is in a bad way.

Obviously too late to do anything about it now, and in the long run it's not going to do anything to change the inevitable of a North Heidelberg premiership but it would be nice if our players are protected.

Interesting to see a North Heidelberg player receive 4 weeks from MRP for striking. Anyone know what time-mark of the replay this incident occurred?

Roughly 25 min
First half 26:15. As the camera pans away you do have to pause to see the frame more clearly (as in post #531) or if you have the tech knowledge, download the footage and slow it down. When the camera pans back, you can see the player is in a bad way.

Obviously too late to do anything about it now, and in the long run it's not going to do anything to change the inevitable of a North Heidelberg premiership but it would be nice if our players are protected.

Interesting to see a North Heidelberg player receive 4 weeks from MRP for striking. Anyone know what time-mark of the replay this incident occurred?
Roughly 25 min 3rd q. Deserved 4

courtney johninstead of a nicst: 46408858 said:
Have heard this. Could be taking young Malone with him too
Swanny to Thomaslavia haha. Good one. Cant imagine he nor anyone with AFL experience picking to play at thomo. Getting a decent coach is the key first. Im hearing they going pretty hard for a div 1 coach....Super?????
Any chance of a name instead of a nickname

Would have been a super boring grand final had hurstbridge have lost that's for sure. They definitely lost form and reputation in the second half of the year but thought their 1st final was damn good. Think it will be closer final than most would predict.

Hurst will be starving after they've lost 3 out of 4 when North fix them up in Round 16.

Back at Epping for finals where they dropped out straight sets last year.
Who's droped out and sooks about it same as last year

Heard a horrible rumour that Harvs may not play this week due to work commitments. Damn Coppers. Does that change everything? Or do Nth have the cattle to cover?

Same source said Boomer and The Dish are locked in for the kennel in 2017, unless other AFL clubs can tempt Boomer.

Heard a horrible rumour that Harvs may not play this week due to work commitments. Damn Coppers. Does that change everything? Or do Nth have the cattle to cover?

Same source said Boomer and The Dish are locked in for the kennel in 2017, unless other AFL clubs can tempt Boomer.

That is some rumour if true. Can they cover him? Makes it very tough I would say.

That is some rumour if true. Can they cover him? Makes it very tough I would say.

If harvey doesnt play, then Hurstbridge go in as favourites IMO. The beauty abouting having a bloke like harvey on your team is that if he plays the other team needs to be a lot better to beat north. He brings, keeps and wins games for north. Hurstbridge arent alot better then north minus harvey so will be a really tight game if he doesnt play.

Back