2016 NFL Division 2

Who will win the NFL Div 2 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Division 2 was at its strongest in 2013 and 2014. Whittlesea, North and Stars over that period were the strongest teams I've seen in the division. Both sides lost a couple when they went up a division and couldn't make a good go of it.

North Heidelberg favourite for sure. They started the season slower than I expected but got going not long after. May lack a strong forward option when Harvey isn't down there but find a lot of goals from others. Pretty solid outfit.

North have probably lost about 15 of that premiership side to be fair and a lot of them were bloody good players.

Big gap between all the divisions. When you move up you need to recruit well to survive. If you think you have a good side and rely on the players you have you will quickly be found out.
About half the players in the div2 sides wouldnt get a game in div1 and div3 would only have 1-2 players who would get a game in div1.

Looks like Division 3 is shaping up to be a 9 team comp next year.

I wonder how soon it will be before we can expect to see a couple extra teams filter up into Division 2. I don't suspect it would take all that much for Epping, South Morang or Mernda to get up to speed.

A 10 team comp in Division 2 operating the same way as Div 1 would be ideal. 18 round season, play everyone twice.

Div 3 would have to take the hit and return to a 7 team comp.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...n/news-story/5850c5854189e5b1ec9a410a283c5501

A bit of egg on faces if Hurstbridge do manage to win. Don't think there is too much in it tbh. Ledger sits 2-2 and I honestly think Hurstbridge is the side Nth Heidelberg least wanted to play hence the huffing and puffing going on by some Nth supporters.

Not sure who you in particular is doing the huffing or puffing but if it comes to the stars best vs hurstbridge's best. I think stars best is better, hence if the stars did make it they had the potential to beat north no matter how well north plays. Hurstbridge on the other hand is more predictable, they will play well but their best I believe is not as good as north's best.

A bit of egg on faces if Hurstbridge do manage to win. Don't think there is too much in it tbh. Ledger sits 2-2 and I honestly think Hurstbridge is the side Nth Heidelberg least wanted to play hence the huffing and puffing going on by some Nth supporters.

Which Nth supporters are huffing and puffing? Just curious. As to who I wanted to face least, Fitzroy Stars actually.

Not sure who you in particular is doing the huffing or puffing but if it comes to the stars best vs hurstbridge's best. I think stars best is better, hence if the stars did make it they had the potential to beat north no matter how well north plays. Hurstbridge on the other hand is more predictable, they will play well but their best I believe is not as good as north's best.
Are Fitzroy Stars pretenders? How many years have they made finals but were unable to win the big one?

If by the word pretenders, Do they as a team have some sort subconscious mental weakness that doesn't allow them to perform in the big games? On the evidence so far. I'd say yes.

Are Fitzroy Stars pretenders? How many years have they made finals but were unable to win the big one?

In my opinion the Stars came up against the 2 best sides that have ever competed in Division 2 in those grand finals.

Had a lull last year and whilst they left it late, they did enough to win their final this year but had it taken away from them and would probably be coming up against North this week. But not to be.

Some would argue their best is the best but I think North have been the strongest team this year. The game between North and Stars in Round 18 was better than any final so far.

I don't think there is grounds to be throwing out the calls for pretenders.

In my opinion the Stars came up against the 2 best sides that have ever competed in Division 2 in those grand finals.

Had a lull last year and whilst they left it late, they did enough to win their final this year but had it taken away from them and would probably be coming up against North this week. But not to be.

Some would argue their best is the best but I think North have been the strongest team this year. The game between North and Stars in Round 18 was better than any final so far.

I don't think there is grounds to be throwing out the calls for pretenders.
I think he meant of the last 5 years. Finals loss 12,13 Gf loss 14, Prelim 15, in which some of those years they were the best performed home and away team but failed in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he meant of the last 5 years. Finals loss 12,13 Gf loss 14, Prelim 15, in which some of those years they were the best performed home and away team but failed in finals.

The Stars have never finished as the minor premiers.

2012 they were still building and weren't really considered a genuine threat, challenged in 13 and 14, fell away in 15 and fell short in 16.

They've looked dangerous and capable of snagging it in 3 and of those years but again, not to be. Not really pretenders, there's just been a better side than them on 2 occasions and a little unlucky in the other.

2012 they were still building and weren't really considered a genuine threat, challenged in 13 and 14, fell away in 15 and fell short in 16.

They've looked dangerous and capable of snagging it in 3 and of those years but again, not to be. Not really pretenders, there's just been a better side than them on 2 occasions and a little unlucky in the other.

Think they lost Proctor early in one of there Grand Finals as well which didn't help their cause.

Can appreciate all of that but in my opinion they tend to pick and choose when to apply themselves. Which is why until that changes their fortunes wont.

Can appreciate all of that but in my opinion they tend to pick and choose when to apply themselves. Which is why until that changes their fortunes wont.

Unless you're in the week to week dealings with the club then its a bit rich to claim they pick and choose when to apply themselves. I can assure you there was no 'picking and choosing' going on right throughout the year, just unlucky in the end. Moot point now either way.

It's got nothing to do with week to week dealings. I'm referring to match day. It is about a pattern of getting significantly behind in games and then storming back into them. They have an undisputed record of doing this more than any other team. So not rich at all considering it is fact and visible for any match day observer to see. Again may not be relevant in regards to Saturday but definitely something the club will need to realise if they haven't already, and try and change that. they have undeniable talent not resulting in success. If the club is of the same opinion as you then they may never really reach full potential

It's got nothing to do with week to week dealings. I'm referring to match day. It is about a pattern of getting significantly behind in games and then storming back into them. They have an undisputed record of doing this more than any other team. So not rich at all considering it is fact and visible for any match day observer to see. Again may not be relevant in regards to Saturday but definitely something the club will need to realise if they haven't already, and try and change that. they have undeniable talent not resulting in success. If the club is of the same opinion as you then they may never really reach full potential

Get over all that crap, they are finished for the year. We have the biggest game of the year this week lets talk about that.

North to in by 5 goals.
Bramich for BOG

I
Get over all that crap, they are finished for the year. We have the biggest game of the year this week lets talk about that.

North to in by 5 goals.
Bramich for BOG

I haven't followed D2 at all this year but I'm hoping Hurstbridge win only for the fact that their ground is a lot closer to my house and no one likes going into West Heidelberg (is there even a suburb call North Heidelberg ?) :D Welcome to D1 for whoever wins

Is this not the nfl div 2 thread, are the stars not a nfl div 2 team, was the question not asked, am I not giving a fair arguement. Don't like it, don't read it. Not stopping anyone else from discussing this week's game.

Anyway as for this week's game, will come down to 2 factors. Shane Harvey and which teams kids stand up. North by under 10pts. Harvey BOG

Simpson back in for Hurstbridge. Wonder how under done he is. Didn't look too great in the Semi, had the ambulance attend for him. Did sit the game out on the bench though.

Not exactly sure what was wrong with him, ribs maybe? Might not take much more than a good tackle to flare up again.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the game early.

Back