2016 NFL Division 2

Who will win the NFL Div 2 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gracious in victory and gracious in defeat. I'm guessing you are the minority tho. Doubtful you would hold yourself in the flesh as you do on here.

That's a shame for you mate, but I wouldn't have thought this was the place to discuss your short coming.
Maybe your name suggests something notablowie. You should have been a blow job instead of a root. Would have been the best decision your mother would have made. Good luck in 2017.

I suggest you look up the word relegation , because that's what happened last time you started making 'announcements'.
No need mate. We're a community club not defined by wins and losses. If you need a definition of what that means, take a look at what Billy Barden is doing with raising funds for Pat Cronin Foundation. As a matter of fact, I'll post something for you later to help you out.

No need mate. We're a community club not defined by wins and losses. If you need a definition of what that means, take a look at what Billy Barden is doing with raising funds for Pat Cronin Foundation. As a matter of fact, I'll post something for you later to help you out.
As you might appreciate (perhaps not), football clubs play a far more important role than win/losses or what div they play in. First and foremost they're about community. Billy Barden has organised this and it would be good for as many get behind it as possible. PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME TO READ THIS:
Sunday April 17th 2016 – I wake up after a big night with my mates celebrating my 28th birthday which was the day before. But when I picked up my phone from the side table to see about 30 missed calls and 50 messages I knew something horrible must have happened. It was then I called back one of my best mates and coach of our football team that I got told the news. One of our young up and coming champions footballers and just all round amazing young man Patty Cronin had been hit in a disgusting coward punch attack. Under 48 hours later the world lost a beautiful young man.
The impact this attack had on not only his family, friends and community can’t be described, it was horrible. No one should ever have to go through it. But not only that, the impact it then has on the attacker’s family and friends who’s lives have also been torn apart knowing about what will be coming next through the courts when justice is served.
As a young father myself the memory of going into the hospital to say goodbye to Patty for the final time and seeing his mother and father who are saying goodbye to their special boy will never leave me.
These coward punch attacks have to stop. They are a senseless act of violence and within a split second can change so many lives forever.
I’m running an event with the help from a lot of really good people to raise some much needed awareness and money that will be put into a program which is set up to help educate people on the dangers of this kind of violence. It is also set up with the intention to show that big groups of people can just HAVE FUN in a licenced venue without the fear of violence.
Let me just finish with saying this. if the money raised or the awareness around the issue we have helped bring to the surface from this event saves just ONE LIFE or stops 1 or 2 people from attacking someone in that way I will consider it the biggest achievement I have ever had a hand in.
So please if you are free this Grand Final Eve - Friday 30th September from 9pm get all your friends together and come down to THE PRINCE BANDROOM in St Kilda and together let all help to “STOP THE COWARD PUNCH” for good.

Entrainment from DJ Grant Smillie, john course, Andrew Murphy and many more.

Please share this if you can to help spread the message.

Entrainment from DJ Grant Smillie, john course, Andrew Murphy and many more.

As an outsider to your club it was a a credit to everyone involved with lower plenty football club and the FIDA Bears on how well you dealt with both tragedies of young Pat and the sudden death of the FIDA coach (I know one of the FIDA boys).They way your club handle this season and the compassion and care shown to everyone involved should be held and used a blue print to show other clubs how to go about it well done.
As for being relegated bad luck, with all your club had to face this year i would say it was a very successful year and to your detractors like blowie they need to have a hard look at themselves.

How will Thomastown go next year with Ben Chapman as coach? Will he make the difference? Do they have the list to play finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Jake King to be an assistant to brother Jarrod at Lalor, any chance he plays?

Pretty sure I've heard something of him having a foot or toe injury that would prevent him from playing any footy again. From memory he was seeking some compensation from the AFL because of the injury.

Pretty sure I've heard something of him having a foot or toe injury that would prevent him from playing any footy again. From memory he was seeking some compensation from the AFL because of the injury.

You are right that's why he stopped playing at Richmond because of the injury but who knows the injury might stand up to playing a few games at local level where it is not subjected to the same strain levels as AFL

You are right that's why he stopped playing at Richmond because of the injury but who knows the injury might stand up to playing a few games at local level where it is not subjected to the same strain levels as AFL
He wouldn't be that stupid. Any compensation received or in line to receive would be in jeopardy if he played 1 game of football, regardless of the level.

Yep similar to Trent Croad a few years back now. Wasn't allowed to play any footy due to insurance/medical claim.

Boomer Harvey to North Heidelberg!

I wonder if Boomer playing with North next year will have a flow on effect in terms of attracting players to club. Would playing along side the champ be a strong enough reason for players to go there.

Also I think its not such a bad thing that North are still in Div 2 as they probably would have still been at the lower end of the ladder and copped a few heavy losses along the way. Div 2 allows the kids coming through to develop in a winning environment while Boomer plays local footy with a team winning most games. All in all, a happier club to be at i would have thought.

I wonder if Boomer playing with North next year will have a flow on effect in terms of attracting players to club. Would playing along side the champ be a strong enough reason for players to go there.

Also I think its not such a bad thing that North are still in Div 2 as they probably would have still been at the lower end of the ladder and copped a few heavy losses along the way. Div 2 allows the kids coming through to develop in a winning environment while Boomer plays local footy with a team winning most games. All in all, a happier club to be at i would have thought.

I think everything you said is 100% correct. North have a massive opportunity here to start to get back to where they once where.

However this is a long road they need to take and if they have the smart people behind the scenes and a long term plan (that HAS to include a robust junior program including U19s) then anything is possible. If they just expect people to come and fans to drop in like its a weekly freak show then they may make a few $$$ but when he goes...so will the Club in the end.

I think everything you said is 100% correct. North have a massive opportunity here to start to get back to where they once where.

However this is a long road they need to take and if they have the smart people behind the scenes and a long term plan (that HAS to include a robust junior program including U19s) then anything is possible. If they just expect people to come and fans to drop in like its a weekly freak show then they may make a few $$$ but when he goes...so will the Club in the end.
Crossroad year for sure.

North AGM this Sunday & can confirm from a reliable source profit to report will be not far off $100k for last twelve months. The new committee has worked hard with increased sponsorship into the club & provided real direction & vision. Plans well in advance for 2017.

North AGM this Sunday & can confirm from a reliable source profit to report will be not far off $100k for last twelve months. The new committee has worked hard with increased sponsorship into the club & provided real direction & vision. Plans well in advance for 2017.
And yes all football department inc players paid by end of September.

Back