2016 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, Its how they lost .
They have three veteran snipers, who were particularly poor last night.
If Clarkson doesn't move on Mitchell, Lewis and top bloke, he will be setting them back for a longer period than they otherwise would have.
The show doesn't go on forever. Those three were awful last night and it affected others as well. Cyril for one, when the going gets tough, is gone and those three players have a huge impact on how Cyril fares.
I say they're gone based on keeping all three of those players too long however, they may kick on again in the finals this year on their home ground. I don't think they will make the GF, though.

To say it is dumb is just cheap; I have rationalized on three high impact players who have been a key for them but are now at the end. Clarkson might keep one but I don't know which.
Hodge was their best last night and Mitchell has been outstanding this year.

If Clarkson doesn't move on Mitchell, Lewis and top bloke, he will be setting them back for a longer period than they otherwise would have.
The show doesn't go on forever. Those three were awful last night and it affected others as well. Cyril for one, when the going gets tough, is gone and those three players have a huge impact on how Cyril fares.
I say they're gone based on keeping all three of those players too long however, they may kick on again in the finals this year on their home ground. I don't think they will make the GF, though.

To say it is dumb is just cheap; I have rationalized on three high impact players who have been a key for them but are now at the end. Clarkson might keep one but I don't know which.

I have been saying similar things during the year but certainly when they went two games up I was doubting myself. Hawthorn do not look the same team this year and the biggest indicator is their relatively poor percentage, frankly some teams have handed them games they shouldn't have.

Sydney will win this year (put your money on it) and possibly against Adelaide.

Ohhh sorry mate I wasn't aware you were simply stating the obvious that the Hawks after three grand final wins in a row might be on the decline in the future. No you are right that's not dumb.

I have been saying similar things during the year but certainly when they went two games up I was doubting myself. Hawthorn do not look the same team this year and the biggest indicator is their relatively poor percentage, frankly some teams have handed them games they shouldn't have.

Sydney will win this year (put your money on it) and possibly against Adelaide.

Thought similar, and my money has been on Sydney since three weeks ago. The only thing you've got to keep at the back of your mind is that the Hawk's finals experience is immense and they know how to play September. The sniper crew who have been pretty good, but not supper consistent, are the ones who can turn it on better than any in a final. Especially if the draw falls their way a bit (say GWS who they can beat up on a bit), then they might sneak into a GF.

I'll add this. In the QF game at Subi last year they got thumped too ... and we know how that turned out in the end. They get their s**t together and they have a mental toughness that no other team can get close too and that will win you the big biscuits.

Hawthorn will have less pain compare to freo. Exposure to sicily, burton and other but mitchell and hodge type is very hard to replace. Really hope Melbourne win this week to set it up against geelong.
Crap. We've got exposure into a few of our guys as well, and in fact in terms of games played, more. Our young blokes don't look any worse than Hawthorns, in fact on games I've seen I'll say some of them look better. Blakely being a good example.
And Hawthorn have that confidence as well, which can make a young player better than he is.

In addition, they'll be losing Burgoyne (33) and Lewis (30) shortly. That's five of their most influential players. Freo lose Sandi, Mundy (maybe) and Pavlich in the next year or so but we've already got Neale, Walters and Fyfe who might not have even hit their prime yet. Let's omit Walters from the equation because they have Rioli, and that's me being nice because Rioli will be 29 next year as well, (and Puopolo will be 29 and Roughhead 30) and won't be around for when Hawthorn contend again. That's every name in the Hawthorn team their game revolves around.

So you're saying Hawthorn face less pain than we do because of... Sicily? Burton? I'll throw in Blakely and Alex Pearce.
They haven't got any absolute A-graders to fill the holes at this point, and we have at least 2 already established before they hit age 25. Three, if you count Neale.

Hawthorn are going to drop out of the eight hard in the next two years. Maybe even next year. The only thing that'll save them from doing so is another couple of good years from Rioli and a couple of good player trades keeping them afloat because some people think because they've won three grand finals lately it makes their player development better than everyone else's. Trades based more upon reputation than reality, in other words.

I'm wondering. Exactly who do you think Hawthorn are going to base their rebuild around that makes you say they're in for less pain than we are?

Thought similar, and my money has been on Sydney since three weeks ago. The only thing you've got to keep at the back of your mind is that the Hawk's finals experience is immense and they know how to play September. The sniper crew who have been pretty good, but not supper consistent, are the ones who can turn it on better than any in a final. Especially if the draw falls their way a bit (say GWS who they can beat up on a bit), then they might sneak into a GF.

I'll add this. In the QF game at Subi last year they got thumped too ... and we know how that turned out in the end. They get their s**t together and they have a mental toughness that no other team can get close too and that will win you the big biscuits.

And don't underestimate the impact of #free kick Hawthorn, which has been quite unbelievable this year. Still I am seeing to many issues and don't think they will make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malaysia also got into three finals at Rio as well. All silver as well -_-

I was hoping to get something to smile about after such a shitty year
But you are in australia, win gold also no public holiday here. I am so sad my soccer team play so s**t like freo in epl . So many d.pearce and ibbo. Cannot pass , try to be too cute.

Nic Nat confirmed ACL tear.

Crappy luck for a pretty good fella (playing for the wrong team)
Ironic the same knee he used to knee sandilands in the back to give cause him a removed rib and collasped lung is the same knee he tore and is out for 18 months....

Crap. We've got exposure into a few of our guys as well, and in fact in terms of games played, more. Our young blokes don't look any worse than Hawthorns, in fact on games I've seen I'll say some of them look better. Blakely being a good example.
And Hawthorn have that confidence as well, which can make a young player better than he is.

In addition, they'll be losing Burgoyne (33) and Lewis (30) shortly. That's five of their most influential players. Freo lose Sandi, Mundy (maybe) and Pavlich in the next year or so but we've already got Neale, Walters and Fyfe who might not have even hit their prime yet. Let's omit Walters from the equation because they have Rioli, and that's me being nice because Rioli will be 29 next year as well, (and Puopolo will be 29 and Roughhead 30) and won't be around for when Hawthorn contend again. That's every name in the Hawthorn team their game revolves around.

So you're saying Hawthorn face less pain than we do because of... Sicily? Burton? I'll throw in Blakely and Alex Pearce.
They haven't got any absolute A-graders to fill the holes at this point, and we have at least 2 already established before they hit age 25. Three, if you count Neale.

Hawthorn are going to drop out of the eight hard in the next two years. Maybe even next year. The only thing that'll save them from doing so is another couple of good years from Rioli and a couple of good player trades keeping them afloat because some people think because they've won three grand finals lately it makes their player development better than everyone else's. Trades based more upon reputation than reality, in other words.

I'm wondering. Exactly who do you think Hawthorn are going to base their rebuild around that makes you say they're in for less pain than we are?
If you're going to bottom out, might as well do it while GWS are having their dynasty.

If you're going to bottom out, might as well do it while GWS are having their dynasty.
Yeah, I know. There is a lot of "luck" (in terms of timing) involved in Hawthorn's ascendency at the moment - not taking anything away from their recruitment policies (that's a separate subject) but they had all their ducks in a row before expansion compromised the draft.
Fremantle, by comparison, started a rebuild around 2008-2009 and got a fair chunk of our current teams from there... but by 2010 the draft was well and truly murdered. Look at those drafts for GC/GWS in 2011-2012, which was about when Lyon came on board and we were in rebuild mode.

You know, people talk a lot about our recruitment/drafting failures of 2010-2011, 2012 or thereabouts, but when you look at that, and where our first picks were by comparison... it isn't hard to come up with a at least partial reason why. The further down you go in the draft, the more likely it is you're simply throwing the dice. There aren't many teams who have done much better than we have, when you compare everything.

Our players should be forced to watch the Showdown. *That* is how you play when you're a s**t team in a local derby.
I'd prefer they showed them our games against the Eagles from years ago. where we got the rep for it being our grand final because we actually competed well (usually) even when sitting on the bottom of the table for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back