Prediction 2016 Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

You said that if you were in charge you would have recruited a premiership quality midfield. I'm challenging you to say how you would have done that. Don't try and weasel out of it by pushing the "I'm happy with mediocrity" crap. You made a big statement, so back it up with something. If you're going to rubbish the club, say how you would have done things differently and how you would have made things better.

You were the one who raised the Brisbane, Geelong and Hawthorn midfields as an example. We've been over this before. Yes, they had some great players, usually with at least 3-4 AA grade players in their midfield. However, with very few exceptions (Sam Mitchell being the only notable one), every single one of those players was a top-10 draft pick, a F/S selection, or a zone selection. None of those advantages are/were open to the Adelaide recruiters.

So.. rather than being a smart arse... what would you do to get us that A-grade midfield? How do you propose that the club should land the required players, given the resources that our recruiters have available to them - i.e. no top-10 draft picks?

Without thinking too hard, Maybe if Isaac Henney, Caleb Daniel getting recruited and using teh PD leaving us to go after Gibbs/ Rockliff with the currency we had. Would see Daniels, Henney and Gibbs added to Crouch, Crouch and Sloane

Not sure but they would look pretty damn impressive to me and an outstanding midfield

Without thinking too hard, Maybe if Isaac Henney, Caleb Daniel getting recruited and using teh PD leaving us to go after Gibbs/ Rockliff with the currency we had. Would see Daniels, Henney and Gibbs added to Crouch, Crouch and Sloane

Not sure but they would look pretty damn impressive to me and an outstanding midfield

Henney was always going to Sydney
Gibbs was not interested last year and even if he did request a trade last year Carlton would of had the same asking price.

Heeney was an Academy selection for Sydney. Not available to Adelaide, so cross him off your list.

Caleb Daniels was one they missed. Happy to give you this one, as there were many who thought that Adelaide should have selected him.

What would you have given up to get Gibbs?

So far you're batting 1 from 3.

Heeney was an Academy selection for Sydney. Not available to Adelaide, so cross him off your list.

Caleb Daniels was one they missed. Happy to give you this one, as there were many who thought that Adelaide should have selected him.

What would you have given up to get Gibbs?

So far you're batting 1 from 3.

Henney was pick after our pick no way he was in play

Daniels for sure

We had picks that we could trade with, Geelong was a pure negotiation process but it seeems damn clear PD for Gibbs/Rockliff was on the cards and easily acheivable, the club effed up by not investigating all posibilities

Come up with more excuses for their lack of ability to address our problems, you love doing that

Daniels for sure

We had picks that we could trade with, Geelong was a pure negotiation process but it seeems damn clear PD for Gibbs/Rockliff was on the cards and easily acheivable, the club effed up by not investigating all posibilities

Come up with more excuses for their lack of ability to address our problems, you love doing that
If you think Heeney was available, then you don't understand the process... which brings everything you write into question.

Heeney would have gone in the top-2, except that he was an Academy player. Under the rules at the time, if/when another club bid on him, Sydney had to only had to use their first pick after that to get him.

Heeney was NOT available to Adelaide.

Where do you get this stuff about PD for Gibbs/Rockliff? Seems to me that you're making stuff up to suit you own argument. The reality is that Gibbs had no interest in being traded to Adelaide prior to 2016. No interest whatsoever.

As for Rockliff, I don't even remember his name being mentioned in 2015. Once again, just like Gibbs, he only came onto the market in 2016. PD was traded in 2015.

So.. your plans not only need the AFL to completely re-write the Academy rules, they also require the invention of a time machine. Keep posting, the more you write, the dumber you look.

Daniels for sure

What are you talking about? Issac Henney went at pick 2 after Melbourne bid their Pick 2 on him and Sydney matched.

And how do you know Gibbs/Rockliff was "easily acheivable (sic)" and how do you know the club didn't "investigating all posibilities (sic)"? Involved in the negotiations? or are you judging the process by the outcome and assuming that was the only possibility they considered?

If you think Heeney was available, then you don't understand the process... which brings everything you write into question.

Heeney would have gone in the top-2, except that he was an Academy player. Under the rules at the time, if/when another club bid on him, Sydney had to only had to use their first pick after that to get him.

Heeney was NOT available to Adelaide.

Where do you get this stuff about PD for Gibbs/Rockliff? Seems to me that you're making stuff up to suit you own argument. The reality is that Gibbs had no interest in being traded to Adelaide prior to 2016. No interest whatsoever.

As for Rockliff, I don't even remember his name being mentioned in 2015. Once again, just like Gibbs, he only came onto the market in 2016. PD was traded in 2015.

So.. your plans not only need the AFL to completely re-write the Academy rules, they also require the invention of a time machine. Keep posting, the more you write, the dumber you look.

How would you know he would have been picked up, you dont, the only thing you can look at in hindsight after the fact is was he available at our pick, surely the crows sounded out gibbs, or maybe not due to their incompetence in resurecting the midfiled. We had Danger leaving and needing a replacement if the club hadnt siounded out Gibbs , Kennedy , Martin even Fyfe with the currency they had coming from PD they are stupid

So far the only credible suggestion that marty's come up with is Caleb Daniels.

Is there anyone here who thinks that Daniels will ever become an AA midfielder, of the same calibre as Voss, Hodge, or even Bontempelli? Is there anyone here who thinks that Daniels would be the difference between Adelaide having a middle-of-the-road midfield, and a premiership midfield?

How would you know he would have been picked up, you dont, the only thing you can look at in hindsight after the fact is was he available at our pick, surely the crows sounded out gibbs, or maybe not due to their incompetence in resurecting the midfiled. We had Danger leaving and needing a replacement if the club hadnt siounded out Gibbs , Kennedy , Martin even Fyfe with the currency they had coming from PD they are stupid
He wasn't available at our pick. Academy & F/S bidding was done before trade week even began, let alone the draft. Sydney were "forced" to use their 1st round pick on him in order to match an earlier bid. From memory that bid was from Melbourne, with pick #2 - though I could be wrong there. Whatever the case, it was decided long before draft day, and Adelaide never had the chance to draft him.

Keep posting. Keep digging. The more you write, the dumber you look.

As for the other players, you're really reaching. How do you know they didn't sound out Gibbs, Kennedy, Martin or Fyfe? How would you propose we get/got these players, on the assumption that they were available (noting that none of them were, prior to 2016)?

You have no clue whatsoever. So far the only credible name you've come up with is Caleb Daniels, and he's not in the same league as the the much vaunted champions of those multi-premiership winning midfields.

So far the only credible suggestion that marty's come up with is Caleb Daniels.

Is there anyone here who thinks that Daniels will ever become an AA midfielder, of the same calibre as Voss, Hodge, or even Bontempelli? Is there anyone here who thinks that Daniels would be the difference between Adelaide having a middle-of-the-road midfield, and a premiership midfield?
Even that's not credible because his name is Daniel not Daniels

Even that's not credible because his name is Daniel not Daniels
Let's not worry about the trivial things like this. So far marty's demonstrated nothing more than complete ignorance and stupidity. This is fun, watching his stupidity unraveling in front of everyone.

Let me ask you this...

Was Gary Ablett available to Adelaide? How about Mitch Wallis and Tom Liberatore?

All of those players were selected after Adelaide's first pick in their respective drafts. Could/should Adelaide have drafted them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn't available at our pick. Academy & F/S bidding was done before trade week even began, let alone the draft. Sydney were "forced" to use their 1st round pick on him in order to match an earlier bid. From memory that bid was from Melbourne, with pick #2 - though I could be wrong there. Whatever the case, it was decided long before draft day, and Adelaide never had the chance to draft him.

Keep posting. Keep digging. The more you write, the dumber you look.

As for the other players, you're really reaching. How do you know they didn't sound out Gibbs, Kennedy, Martin or Fyfe? How would you propose we get/got these players, on the assumption that they were available (noting that none of them were, prior to 2016)?

You have no clue whatsoever. So far the only credible name you've come up with is Caleb Daniels, and he's not in the same league as the the much vaunted champions of those multi-premiership winning midfields.

how do I look dumber as you put it?

how do I look dumber as you put it?
Complete ignorance of the processes involved, and persisting when it's pointed out to you that your suggestion is completely impossible. Coming up with ridiculous ideas that have no basis in reality, and only ever have/had a chance of becoming a reality in marty's fantasyland.

So far you've made a bold statement that we'd have a premiership midfield if you were in charge. The only player you've come up with, who the club actually had a chance of recruiting, is Caleb Daniel. Keep going, this is entertaining...

You keep accusing the clubs recruiters of mediocrity. Despite your grandiose claims, you haven't demonstrated any ability to make a substantive difference.

The reality is that Adelaide's recruiters haven't had the resources (or advantages) to work with, and they've done a magnificent job given what they have had available. You can't accept that limited resources = limited returns, insisting that it should be possible to generate a Brisbane/Hawthorn/Geelong standard midfield without a single top-10 draft pick. I'm still waiting to see how you would achieve that.

Can you point me to your posts where you said the AFC should draft these 2 players. Before the draft of course.

We should have drafted Issac Heeney, Marcus Bontempelli, Nat Fyfe, Patrick Cripps, Garry Ablett Jnr, Luke Parker, Dan Hannebery & Patrick Dangerfield. But instead, we decided to settle for mediocrity.
To be fair, Nat Fyfe was actually available to us. We're not the only club who overlooked his talents though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back